GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bobbie needs some help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobbie needs some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbie needs some help

I have actually decided to get my head right out of the sand.......

and my friend Loo has pointed me here.

So here is my story so far and reallly need to know which way to turn.

My total debt is around £26K and at the moment I am in a DMP with Personal Touch Debt solutions.

My debt is made up as follows, and I really need to know what my best options are. All debt was taken out before 2007.

Egg Card Services £9262 (have been receiving letters from Cabot about this)
    Egg Loan service £9035
    NatWest Lending Centre £4000
    MBNA (Virgin card) £4128

I think i did have PPI on most of the accounts (def with Egg and Virgin - need to find paper work) but stopped paying the PPIs over a year ago.

My debt management company is charging me approx £20 per month for their services.

So really not sure what the best way is for me go.......

Interest has been frozen on MBNA but nothing else.

Thanks
    Bob!

Re: Bobbie needs some help

Originally posted by Bobbie
    I have actually decided to get my head right out of the sand.......
    Well done and well done to LooLoo for speaking to you....

and my friend Loo has pointed me here.
    Lovely isn't she....

So here is my story so far and reallly need to know which way to turn.
    Have a read of this ---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789 provide the info requested and i'll then respond properly.......

My total debt is around £26K and at the moment I am in a DMP with Personal Touch Debt solutions.
    oooops, dmp's are ;Spank

I think i did have PPI on most of the accounts (def with Egg and Virgin - need to find paper work) but stopped paying the PPIs over a year ago.
    Don't worry about that right now, thing is if they are unenforceable (UE) then the balance could be £1 or £1m - it doesn't matter cos you aint paying it

My debt management company is charging me approx £20 per month for their services.
    Really? I'll charge you £19.50 then (lol, just kidding)....

Additional reading - will teach you about UE ---> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=401

Welcome, hope we are able to help k
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Nid

i have heard lots of bout you from Loo!!!

I think I may in some sort of contract with the DMP company! Not sure if I have the paper work for this? guess i can ask?

I would like to consider the UE route but not sure if it would apply for me?

I have not checked my credit report in a while so not sure how i stand?

I just appreciate any help and advice

Bobs

Comment

Hi Nid

i have heard lots of bout you from Loo!!!

I think I may in some sort of contract with the DMP company! Not sure if I have the paper work for this? guess i can ask?

I would like to consider the UE route but not sure if it would apply for me?

I have not checked my credit report in a while so not sure how i stand?

I just appreciate any help and advice

Bobs
        Hiya

Ok regards to being in a contract - don't worry, i'll get you out of that easily enough! And as for UE only you can decide, point is you will be defaulted and will have a wee bit of hassle (letters and calls) but it does calm down, speak to Ann (Phoenix) and read her story and you'll see what I mean when I say yea, it can be a bit stressful but long term you'll feel so much better cos you're in control again, not them and you make the demands - not them plus best of all - you do not pay anything back to them....

Read the two links I posted earlier and provide the info requested - get credit files from the info here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=158#p158

Have a think, provide me the data requested and i'll tell you the liklihood of UE based on what you can provide.....

Hope you don't worry, it's not that bad you know once you get started - i've asked Ann to come here and say hi...... she will tell you what it is like, and she had £150k of debt -- yea, you read it right - one hundred and fifty thousand pounds..... ;EEK
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i will look through all my paperwork which is scattered throughout my house and i would def want to go through the UE route.
          Loo has told me abit about Ann and the help you have given to help her through such a huge amount of debt.
          My head is out of the sand but please bear wiyh me as I am not ofay with technology

Comment

OK, i'll see you back here when you've got the info.....

Take care..... ;Hi

stay and chat on the chat threads if you get bored.... or need a break! ;-y

Comment

Hi Bobbie,

Hope you don't mind me butting in but Niddy has pointed me in your direction as I understand you are considering the UE option.

You will gathered that I got myself into a hell of a muddle with credit cards (no excuse, apart from my own stupidity!) and, on retiring, didn't have a clue what to do and there was no way I could afford the minimum repayments. The banks were just piling on the interest - on some of my accounts I was paying £250 per month, of which £240 was interest! I did have quite a well-paid job but had buried my head in the sand about my imminent retirement.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I eventually "found" Niddy on MSE and followed him here. He has guided me through every step of the UE process - details on my thread - and I can honestly say that he has never let me down or failed to respond to questions I have asked him, some of which were quite dense! Admittedly you do get hounded by creditors - some worse than others. Niddy advised me to change my phone number but I was too stubborn to do that, and just ignore any 0845/0844 or withheld numbers. (I do have caller display!)

Niddy has a brilliant set of template letters and whenever a snotty letter arrives from the banks or Debt Collection Agencies he always has an answer for me to send. And, just copying, pasting and printing these letters gives me a sense of being in charge. Plus, when I feel down, there is always someone on here going through a similar process. I used to think I was the only person in the world to have to cope with this - now I realise that there are so many other like-minded people around. You only have to look at the unenforceable diaries on here - think it has run to three pages now!

If there is anything I can help with, please do contact me. Obviously, Niddy is the expert on what to do and when to do it but sometimes sharing problems with someone going through a similar experience does help. Whatever you decide, remember you have come to the right place - and you are not alone!

Take care.

Ann

PS. I also regard Loo as a friend - although I only know her from this site. She sounds such a lovely person.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Forgot to say -

We also have a good laugh and gossip about all sorts of things on here - doesn't mean that we aren't taking our situation seriously, just that we are trying to keep things in balance ...
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Ann
                  Thank you so much for your support, I am new to admitting my stupid mistakes and finding it very hard as on my own with two beautiful children and one of which has just started uni and i wish and hope she will never make the silly financial hardship that i now suffer.
                  loo is a very special friend of 13 years and is still helping after all the years of being a pain that i think i have been.( but lots of laughter and fun out weighs that)
                  I just want that feeling of shame lifted and positive thoughts put back in to my head.

BOBS
                  xx

Comment

Hi Bobbie,

I am sure when you start getting things moving the positive thoughts will come!

No need to feel ashamed - just remember a lot of people on here are in very similar situations, and I am sure you know the old saying about a trouble shared. Just think, you now have a whole forum to share your problems with - and Niddy for help and advice.

Hope you start feeling better very soon ;K7

Comment

loo is a pain
                      Yep Loo is a pain!! ;LOL

*Nooooo, i'm only kidding she's lovely really, & all of us are here to help if we can. You only have to ask, don't be shy.

All the best with your UE journey

Swanny 2

Comment

SWANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

Hello Bobbie and welcome, joining here is the first step in regaining yourself respect and getting in control of the financial issues that have brought you here.

You will get as much moral support as you need here; you are among friends, many you will never ever know in the real world, but who all shares a similar situation as you are currently in.

My own personal situation is just about as bad as it can get with over £130K of debt making my life an absolute nightmare to the point of.....well I don't even want to think about that !

But I decided I needed to shake off the self pity, andtake my head out of the sand, so via another couple of sites, like the rest of us, I found my way here, a place of sanctuary, a place where you will not be judged, a place where all the advice you need to help fight off your debts is freely given by Niddy our mentor, sometimes he may seem "unorthodox" in the advice he gives you (sorry niddy ) but believe me it will be the right advice.

I still have a very long way to go, but at least I can see light at the end of the tunnel, and for the first time in a very long time, I can actually relax a little and enjoy a laugh here among friends, "friends", It was strange using that word to begin with, because apart from a couple of folks, I have absolutely no idea what their real names are and we have never met... but nevertheless I can call them friends!
                          So embrace the help that there is here, and good luck on your EU journey.. ;K7

Allan

Comment

Hi All
                            Thank you for all your support and sharing your experiences with me, I feel less alone now.
                            I will write to the credit rating company today so I can go forward .
                            Thank you again guys
                            Bobbie
                            x

Comment

I sent a link for this, you can do it online or send a cheque/postal order - send the £2 cheque to Experian & Equifax - you need both. Forget CallCredit cos no lenders exclusively use them, like they do with Equifax & Experian.

Comment

Working...
                              X