GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Endeavour Finance PPi claim help req - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endeavour Finance PPi claim help req

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endeavour Finance PPi claim help req

1.We too has a loan with endeavour that was subject to PPi added to the loan. The ppi amount was £5000 and it was a broker that (purple I believe) that did the initial work. Definitley mis-sold as the guy said to take the ppi would increase the chances of acceptance of getting the loan. I'll stand up in court and swear that. The ppi was added to the loan.
    All I have is the last 4 digits of the a/c no and the date it started and ended (took out another loan to clear !)
    Is there a number I should ring to get things going, I have found their address I think, Name & Registered Office:
    ENDEAVOUR PERSONAL FINANCE LIMITED
    CAMDEN HOUSE WEST
    THE PARADE
    BIRMINGHAM
    B1 3PY
    Company No. 02412558

Is this right, and does anyone have a phone number. I would love to quote Di's case as a precedant, and hope for a quick refund. The loab was settled in Feb 2007.
    Any advice or help appreciated. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Thanks Vossy & Di30, I just actually found that on the web ! I rang and have been advised on the phone they do not accept liability for the ppi. I was also told the ppi amount added to the loan was actually £5115, and the broker was Black & White, who were disolved in 2009. They advise to claim off the broker, but as they are no longer in existance to write to the Financial Compensation Scheme ??

Advice from here please.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Started in another thread but created a new one. Above are two posts I put in there.

Re: Endeavour Finance PPi claim help req

Hiya

Thank you for starting your own thread.
    Also thank you for the pm.

Even though EPF from what I assume was/is the lender, who was the broker?
    Think you did mention on the other thread.

What year did you take out the loan?

Reason why I am asking, is because I came to the conclusion, if the loan was taken out by the above stated broker after 14 Jan 2005, you may be able to make the reclaim through the Financial compensation Scheme (FSCS). (if the business dissolved).

More details of these below link.

http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/

If this is the case, there are contact details of the compensation scheme above, best to ring, and they will confirm if they have the company listed.
    Once the company have been declared in default, the FSCS/Deloittes can deal with the reclaim.

They will send you the forms to complete, and send them copies of what you have, even if the main of it is that of the lender's and not the broker's, because they will establish the relationship from one to the other.

However, if you taken out the loan prior to the above stated date and the broker were not regulated, via FSA/GISC, you are not able to complain to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) because they are only able to take on complaints if the business were regulated at the time you taken out the policy.

But, the FOS will try otherwise suggesting another avenue to take, such as through the insurer/underwriter of the policy.
    You can ask EPF to send you details of them in the post, this is free of charge.
    You can then either pursue the insurer/underwriter direct yourself, or ask the FOS to do this on your behalf.
    It's possible, the insurer/underwriter were regulated even if the broker/lender were not.

With mine even though my broker had also dissolved, it was a loan taken out before Jan 2004, so they were not regulated, I tried all ways, but then realised on the broker application there was no PPI.
    I later came across evidence that it was actually added on the loan agreement provided by EPF, and sent them the evidence to prove this, so in the end they refunded as a goodwill gesture.

There are ways around this though, is the loan still active or running?

Cheers.

Comment

Just taken another look on the other thread you posted, you must be eligible for the FSCS (Financial compensation scheme) because that is the avenue the lender have directed you too, so that is good news.

Comment

Thanks, will do that then, loan started 12/05/2007 by the way,Cheers.
        Here's hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich66 View Post
          Thanks, will do that then, loan started 12/05/2007 by the way,Cheers.
          Here's hoping.
          You will be fine then Rich, because you taken out the loan at the time the business were regulated.
          And for EPF to confirm the FSCS, the broker must be listed with them by now, and hopefully already declared in default.

The FSCS will therefore arrange to send you a form in the post, complete it (keep copies) and only send them "copies" of what you have, such as the lender's agreement, if you do have the "brokers" application that will be fine too.

Please note the form may take a few weeks to come through, cannot recall if they do this online now as well, but the FSCS when you contact them should confirm this to you.

Good luck, please keep us posted, cheers.

Comment

Hi,
            I have just come off the phone with FSCS and they are sending out a form to claim. They want/need the name of the company that the ppi policy was with and it's reference no., is it likely Endeavour will have them, as at the minute I cannot find my paperwork from Black & White, and only have the Endeavour a/c no. ?

Cheers.
            P.S any idea how long it takes for FSCS to decide and at what level do they compensate, total value of policy, or intrest too , or just a level of compensation they see fit ?

Comment

Hi,
              I have just come off the phone with FSCS and they are sending out a form to claim. They want/need the name of the company that the ppi policy was with and it's reference no., is it likely Endeavour will have them, as at the minute I cannot find my paperwork from Black & White, and only have the Endeavour a/c no. ?

Cheers.
              P.S any idea how long it takes for FSCS to decide and at what level do they compensate, total value of policy, or intrest too , or just a level of compensation they see fit ?
              Hi there

If you contact EPF they should send you some details, just contact ring or write to ask them for a copy of the broker application form, they should send you this in the post within 14 days.

It doesn't hurt sending EPF paperwork as well, because the FSCS will know the relationship of both lender and broker, send copies to the FSCS only though.

You should receive back a good amount of your ppi, it will also depend if it's on a settled or active account, it settled a account you should for example receive back all of the PPI, if there were any rebates on settled, from what I can recall, this can reduce the amount, plus you receive back a good amount of interest.
              Below there is an explanation, but when I taken one of mine to the FSCS I was very surprised, it was more than I assumed.

http://www.fscs.org.uk/what-we-cover...-compensation/

http://www.fscs.org.uk/your-claim/ho...-will-it-take/

I cannot recall now as it's been a few years since I made a successful claim with them, but they do send you a breakdown once resolved.

I think you will be surprised.
              Even though the business are listed with FSCS, if they are already declared in default, it may only be a matter of say for example 2 months to 6 months maximum, as they also use a company called Deliottes to work for them.
              The FSCS will pass all your details to Deloittes, and if Deloittes require any further info from you they will write/contact you.

If the company are listed and not yet declared in default, it will take longer, but to what I am aware of it's less time than making a complaint to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS).
              Good luck with this.

I see you settled your's, did they give any rebate on the ppi? such as lowering the balance due on settlement?

You can try getting a copy of this, from the actual lender in this case - to send copy to the FSCS, and if you paid off this loan with another loan elsewhere, the FSCS/Deloittes will want a copy of the new lender's information, in regards of the interest rate, so they refund this to you as well.
              Last edited by di30; 22 June 2012, 14:07. Reason: Added further information.

Comment

Hi, Thanks,
                we only got a rebate on the interest owed on the loan. The PPi was paid in full in advance as part of the loan. There was a distrebution to pay for it of 5115 at the very start.

Rich.

Comment

Cheers Rich

In my opinion, you should therefore get all you have paid on the PPI, plus they will throw in some interest after minusing what the FSCS take off, as so much percentage (cannot recall how much), but from what I can remember it will probably work out on the top of my head, the amount you have stated, then they reduce a % of that, then interest will be paid to you too, so probs more than the amount you shown.

Comment

The form has arrived from FSCS and I have sent a request for the copies of the loan agreement and the Black & White Introduction document and also for any policy numbers and insurance company name that Endeavour hold. Hopefully that will be sent quickly too.

Comment

The form has arrived from FSCS and I have sent a request for the copies of the loan agreement and the Black & White Introduction document and also for any policy numbers and insurance company name that Endeavour hold. Hopefully that will be sent quickly too.

Good one Rich

You on the right track now.

Give them say 14 days, if nothing's come through chase them up, good luck.

Comment

Anything further on this yet Rich?

Cheers.

Comment

Hi, I got a letter back asking me to send photo copy ID with the application for the copies I want. So that's what I am doing now. I thought the fact the information I provided was sufficient in the first place address , a/c no's etc.
                          Slow process ...

Comment

Hi, been a long time but some documents fianally arrived last Friday from Endeavour. Couldn't quite find a ppi insurance company name or policy number, but clearly showed £5115 paid as added to the loan and Black & White as the introducer.
                            Sent it all off to FSCS and got a call today to carify a couple of points. Interestingly they said Endeavour were the ppi provider too, but accept Black & White were the introducer. Didn't sound discouraging about our claim so I'm hoping for a quick decision ?

Comment

Hi, been a long time but some documents fianally arrived last Friday from Endeavour. Couldn't quite find a ppi insurance company name or policy number, but clearly showed £5115 paid as added to the loan and Black & White as the introducer.
                              Sent it all off to FSCS and got a call today to carify a couple of points. Interestingly they said Endeavour were the ppi provider too, but accept Black & White were the introducer. Didn't sound discouraging about our claim so I'm hoping for a quick decision ?
                              Hi Rich.

With EPF being both the broker and lender, and with them being dealt with by HFC, as I ended up having mine resolved through them, as they taken over the liabilities of EPF.

So as not other party was involved in the sale, I take it you mean that EPF sold the application to you?

Comment

Working...
                              X