GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Brighthouse - Good or Bad? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brighthouse - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighthouse - Good or Bad?

Hey

So I've applied with Brighthouse and been pre-approved pending employment and affordability checks.

Anyone dealt with these? And if I do get something will my credit rating improve despite the fact I have defaults on my file?

Thanks,

Jordan

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Re: Brighthouse - Good or Bad?

Jesus mate - give up will you!!!!

stop applying for credit and learn from past errors, ie read your other threads. BH is a rip off exactly the same as a PDL is to you. If you have such a good, well paid job then you do not need BH or any other form of credit.

Something doesn't add up with your posts - you're saying in one breath you want to sort things but then in another you're giving it "I'm applying here there and everywhere"....

We can only help those that WANT to help themselves. We're not here to encourage more debt.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post

And if I do get something will my credit rating improve despite the fact I have defaults on my file?
      nope - defaults take precedent and will supersede any good payment history. So forget new credit for now - certainly from places like this that like to prey on the poor.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brighthouse, Provident etc are absolute poison and can and will destroy families, don't go there.

Comment

Hey Niddy,

Yeah I can see how you came to that conclusion. I'm trying to get rid of debt, but improve my credit rating at the same time. I assumed that having something that I'm paying off would be good on my credit file despite the defaults.

However, you're right. No more applying for me!

Apologies.

Jordan

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Jordan, nothing to apologise for mate - I'm just trying to give you a parental type slap to knock sense into you cos you're totally barking up the wrong tree lol. Have a read of the Credit Ladder thread and see S A Gold threads - we've got him sorted with certain products but the key was, his debts are older than yours.

as things stand you will be high risk and higher with each application. Regards getting green [0]'s on your credit file both your Nationwide and RBS accounts will do this for you and that is all you need. Loans and cards won't help really and BH will cripple you as it shows total desperation to possible lenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Jordan, nothing to apologise for mate - I'm just trying to give you a parental type slap to knock sense into you cos you're totally barking up the wrong tree lol. Have a read of the Credit Ladder thread and see S A Gold threads - we've got him sorted with certain products but the key was, his debts are older than yours.

as things stand you will be high risk and higher with each application. Regards getting green [0]'s on your credit file both your Nationwide and RBS accounts will do this for you and that is all you need. Loans and cards won't help really and BH will cripple you as it shows total desperation to possible lenders.
              Haha, thanks mate. I think I need it! Yeah, I'll catch up on that one today. Ah' good, I get carried away sometimes and make mistakes when I think infact it's the best option, when clearly its what got me into this mess :P

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

Comment

So I've applied with Brighthouse and been pre-approved
                TM do you mind if I ask what you need this credit for to see if we can make other suggestions to help you? Are you panicking about your first baby arriving and what that'll cost you? It's surprisingly little at the beginning apart from endless nappies.

Is your partner in work so she'll get maternity leave/benefit etc? You've not said when the baby is due so it's hard to gauge your overall financial situation. Debt normally happens for a reason. If you tell us the reason we can try to tackle that too. There's loads of parents and grandparents on here and we've all been down that road

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  TM do you mind if I ask what you need this credit for to see if we can make other suggestions to help you? Are you panicking about your first baby arriving and what that'll cost you? It's surprisingly little at the beginning apart from endless nappies.

Is your partner in work so she'll get maternity leave/benefit etc? You've not said when the baby is due so it's hard to gauge your overall financial situation. Debt normally happens for a reason. If you tell us the reason we can try to tackle that too. There's loads of parents and grandparents on here and we've all been down that road
                  Hey PlanB

Theres nothing in particular I need on credit, it was just me trying to resolve my credit issues with more credit (Stupid, I know.) as my thought process was that if you have something on credit and make full payments, then it'll improve it. Which to some extent is true, however, not with my defaults outstanting.

I'm panicking because you're right, I'm not sure how much I'll need to keep us above water, with only my salary coming in, it's difficult, we're both under 21 so Tax credits are out of the window? Child benefit isn't something I've looked into as of yet as I wasn't sure on the requirements (apart from having a child)

Our flat is private tennancy and our landlord is pretty good so thats not an issue. It's just cots, prams, clothes, nappies, food etc that I'm worrying about :P

Thanks,

Jordan
                  My son is due within the next month, and my partner isnt working as she was at Uni when it happened. (I say within the next month, but if I'm anything to go by, he'll be late lol)

TibetanMonk
                  On Debt Row

Comment

Child benefit isn't something I've looked into as of yet as I wasn't sure on the requirements (apart from having a child)
                    Basically that's the only requirement. You can read up about Child Benefit here and even apply for it online

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/start/who-qualifies/do-you-qualify.htm

Comment

we're both under 21 so Tax credits are out of the window?

Our flat is private tennancy and our landlord is pretty good so thats not an issue. . . .

. . . . My son is due within the next month, and my partner isnt working as she was at Uni when it happened.
                      I know nothing about Tax Credits but someone will come along who does. When will you both be 21? If your partner is not working there may be other benefits which she's entitled to.

You say your Landlord is pretty good, does that mean you have rent problems at the moment which I can help you with? Your partner may be entitled to Housing Benefit if she's left Uni (has she?). If she's still a student she may also be entitled to HB so read this and see if that's an option:

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...t_for_students

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        I know nothing about Tax Credits but someone will come along who does. When will you both be 21? If your partner is not working there may be other benefits which she's entitled to.

You say your Landlord is pretty good, does that mean you have rent problems at the moment which I can help you with? Your partner may be entitled to Housing Benefit if she's left Uni (has she?). If she's still a student she may also be entitled to HB so read this and see if that's an option:

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...t_for_students
                        Hey PlanB

Awesome about the child Benefit, I'll read up on that on my lunch.

With rent its always been somewhat of a struggle, with regards to losing jobs and then regaining employment. Housing benefit I wasn't approved for when I applied, because I earn too much? Or atleast, that's what I understood.

However, at that point it was just me as my partner was at uni. She's sort of in and sort of out. She's completed her 2nd year so can take a gap and go back, but we're not sure if she still wants to do that. So at the moment, she's unemployed and not a student.

My landlord has given us time to pay, and even on some occasions accepted less than what we agreed, as he understands our financial difficulty and we also get on well. But I don't want that to come back on me when he's strapped for cash if you know what I mean?

My partner will be 21 in September time, so not long, but I was under the impression that tax credits only applied for the over 25's?

Thanks

TibetanMonk
                        On Debt Row

Comment

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/start/who-qualifies/ https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits

There's some reading fodder for you
                          Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                            Aww! Thanks Inca I do like the link for the benefits though, with it having "browse" it makes it sound asif it's like an argos catalogue.

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

Comment

Have a go on this as well, it will help indicate what you can get http://www.entitledto.co.uk/calculator/

Comment

Working...
                              X