GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Brighthouse - Good or Bad? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brighthouse - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brighthouse - Good or Bad?

Then the numpties are clearly in breach of their contract with your partner.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Then the numpties are clearly in breach of their contract with your partner.
      But how do I prove that? I mean, I've spent countless hours on the phone and livechat disputing it with them, as has my Partner. However, they're saying it was delivered to my address, and signed for. However the description they gave of the person that signed for it was stick thin and geeky looking. (Not that theres anything wrong with that), and I'm big built and have tattoos all over haha, so nothing like what they're saying.

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
        But how do I prove that? I mean, I've spent countless hours on the phone and livechat disputing it with them, as has my Partner. However, they're saying it was delivered to my address, and signed for. However the description they gave of the person that signed for it was stick thin and geeky looking. (Not that theres anything wrong with that), and I'm big built and have tattoos all over haha, so nothing like what they're saying.
        You prove that by the fact they have admitted to delivering the package to number 14, which is not your address........
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It is really up to the arrogant turds at Vodafone (Why them?) to prove that they (their agent or courier) had delivered the 'phone. As they seem to have delivered it to the wrong address and to the wrong person, they may have some difficulty doing that.

Has any money been paid to Vodafone for this and, if so, how was that payment made?

What resolution would your partner prefer - to get the 'phone from Vodafone or for the contract to be rescinded, with no monies owing, all default markers removed and an offer of compensation made for the trouble they've caused?

Comment

Also see http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-u...oms/contracts/

Comment

It is really up to the arrogant turds at Vodafone (Why them?) to prove that they (their agent or courier) had delivered the 'phone. As they seem to have delivered it to the wrong address and to the wrong person, they may have some difficulty doing that.

Has any money been paid to Vodafone for this and, if so, how was that payment made?

What resolution would your partner prefer - to get the 'phone from Vodafone or for the contract to be rescinded, with no monies owing, all default markers removed and an offer of compensation made for the trouble they've caused?
              Well this has been going on since december, however, we didnt realise but there was a credit of £129 on the account which has thus been allocated by Vodafone to pay the bills as and when they were issued.

My partner wants the second option, I'd never go with Vodafone after this nor would she and subsequently she has a different phone, in contract, with a different supplier.

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Well this has been going on since december, however, we didnt realise but there was a credit of £129 on the account which has thus been allocated by Vodafone to pay the bills as and when they were issued.
                Was this credit applied to the account when it was first taken out, or was a payment made to Vodafone by the person to whom it was delivered?

My partner wants the second option,
                Quite right, too.

I'd never go with Vodafone after this nor would she and subsequently she has a different phone, in contract, with a different supplier.
                Nor would I, even if the only other option were to be two tin cans connected by a soggy length of string.

I still resent my shopping being disrupted one evening by that berk Beckham shooting a Vodafone advert in my local branch of Sainsbury. His hired security goons blocked off whole aisles and sections of the store at any given time, making it more than difficulty to find all one wanted.

Comment

Was this credit applied to the account when it was first taken out, or was a payment made to Vodafone by the person to whom it was delivered?

Quite right, too.

Nor would I, even if the only other option were to be two tin cans connected by a soggy length of string.

I still resent my shopping being disrupted one evening by that berk Beckham shooting a Vodafone advert in my local branch of Sainsbury. His hired security goons blocked off whole aisles and sections of the store at any given time, making it more than difficulty to find all one wanted.
                  With the credit, I'm entirely not sure, I do not believe it to be a payment from whoever has the phone, as there is now an outstanding bill of £43.00. Which I will not be paying. I think it was from when we've previously had a contract with them, and they've carried over the amount.

Also; they have changed their story, I've spoken to them on livechat so I can get a transcript of what was said, they're now saying it was infact delivered to my address (correct house number given) along with "Signed for by a man in his 20's" apparently this information came straight from DPD, which funnily enough, deliver quite a lot to my property so wouldn't be hard for them to remember me.

Their customer service is shoddy, not to mention their dealer support. I resented anyone that didnt take my advice when I worked at Phones 4u and went with Vodafone. Ironically, despite boycotting a network, I still remain the 2nd best sales & technology consultant in the South West out of 360 stores. But let's not shout about my achievements haha.

How do I go about getting this resolved once and for all?

TibetanMonk
                  On Debt Row

Comment

Their customer service is shoddy, not to mention their dealer support...

How do I go about getting this resolved once and for all?
                    Unless you want to get a "deadlock" letter so you can take up the matter with OFCOM - and they'll probably try to resist that at every turn - you'd probably do better to stop wasting time addressing your problems to their under-performing monkeys and address the organ grinder instead.

Their UK Chief Executive is one Jeroen Hoercamp: 'phone - 01635 33251, email - jeroen.hoencamp@vodafone.com
                    Their corporate twatter account is https://twitter.com/@VodafoneUK
                    Their corporate facebook page is http://fb.com/vodafoneUK

Comment

Unless you want to get a "deadlock" letter so you can take up the matter with OFCOM - and they'll probably try to resist that at every turn - you'd probably do better to stop wasting time addressing your problems to their under-performing monkeys and address the organ grinder instead.

Their UK Chief Executive is one Jeroen Hoercamp: 'phone - 01635 33251, email - jeroen.hoencamp@vodafone.com
                      Their corporate twatter account is https://twitter.com/@VodafoneUK
                      Their corporate facebook page is http://fb.com/vodafoneUK
                      You sir, definitely live up to your username :P

Thank you very much. I'm guessing the email body is self-explanatory, and just to include everything we've been through, but is there any legal acts i need to refer to or?

TibetanMonk
                      On Debt Row

Comment

Working...
                      X