GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Brighthouse - Good or Bad? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brighthouse - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brighthouse - Good or Bad?

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    And this is one of the things that Brighthouse play on - the majority of the time the people that come to remove the goods are NOT bailiffs, though they like to make out they are.
    Hmm, interesting. Atleast now I know. not that I'd go there now after reading reviews and hearing things about them.

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      Only if you have not paid x amount back under a HP agreement. Usually, it will say once 2/3rds of it has been paid, they have no entitlement to remove goods.
      Indeed - and if you have paid 1/3 of the agreement, Brighthouse have a requirement to obtain a court order before removal of goods can be made.

In fact TibetanMonk - if Brighthouse have removed the goods from your friend without doing this, then my understanding is that the agreement is terminated and your friend may be entitled to make a claim against Brighthouse for a refund of all the monies paid until that point.
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Indeed - and if you have paid 1/3 of the agreement, Brighthouse have a requirement to obtain a court order before removal of goods can be made.

In fact TibetanMonk - if Brighthouse have removed the goods from your friend without doing this, then my understanding is that the agreement is terminated and your friend may be entitled to make a claim against Brighthouse for a refund of all the monies paid until that point.
        Ooh, brilliant stuff! I'll let him know to register and ask here

TibetanMonk
        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Also; SnV, if you request a copy of a signed agreement of the Credit Agreement, how long do they have before they have to provide it? Because my partner is disputing a vodafone contract, and hasnt paid it since it was started in december, however, Vodafone are stating that it was requested and signed for. However, clearly she didnt sign, we're asking for a signed agreement but they keep giving us the run-around, any ideas?

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
            Loads of stuff on freecycle. You'll need to join first but you can also request stuff if you need things. As long as you word it nicely, people are usually really generous.
            Facebook have baby stuff pages too, my wife often buys cheap stuff on there for grandson yesterday she brought 6 new next tee shirts for £6

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              Facebook have baby stuff pages too, my wife often buys cheap stuff on there for grandson yesterday she brought 6 new next tee shirts for £6
              Thanks PF i'll have a look.

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

Comment

Correct.

See sections 90 (link) and 91 (link) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Section 92 (link) also applies.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
                  Also; SnV, if you request a copy of a signed agreement of the Credit Agreement, how long do they have before they have to provide it? Because my partner is disputing a vodafone contract, and hasnt paid it since it was started in december, however, Vodafone are stating that it was requested and signed for. However, clearly she didnt sign, we're asking for a signed agreement but they keep giving us the run-around, any ideas?
                  A mobile 'phone contract is unlikely to be a regulated Consumer Credit Agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    A mobile 'phone contract is unlikely to be a regulated Consumer Credit Agreement.
                    Okay, then when a consumer signs a contract (I used to work for Phones 4u, I should probably know ) what would it be regulated by?

Because it's a financial agreement?

TibetanMonk
                    On Debt Row

Comment

Okay, then when a consumer signs a contract (I used to work for Phones 4u, I should probably know ) what would it be regulated by?

Because it's a financial agreement?
                      It's not a financial agreement apart, that is, from one having to pay a certain sum each month for line rental.

It should be a hire purchase agreement, as the cost of the latest 'phones is always more than the cost of older models.

Comment

Okay, but if no contract was ever signed, the debt would be UE?

TibetanMonk
                        On Debt Row

Comment

Okay, but if no contract was ever signed, the debt would be UE?
                          Not necessarily.

How was the agreement entered into?

Did Vodaphone just send a mobile telephone to your partner without any solicitation or agreement having first been made?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Not necessarily.

How was the agreement entered into?

Did Vodaphone just send a mobile telephone to your partner without any solicitation or agreement having first been made?
                            No Mobile was sent to the address. They claim there was, but there wasnt.

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

Comment

No Mobile was sent to the address. They claim there was, but there wasnt.
                              normally sent by courier and you have to sign for it....
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                                normally sent by courier and you have to sign for it....
                                They said it was signed for, but couldn't provide me with the signature. They also said it was delivered to number 14, which is a different number to my house.

TibetanMonk
                                On Debt Row

Comment

Working...
                                X