Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Hi All

I do have a UE diary on behalf of my wife but this is to do with me , i had , or have a debt with RBS dating back to 2001 , it was passed all around the houses and we settled on a nominal payment a month , which has been ongoing for i would say 8 years !

Problem , 8 months ago , we moved house and i didnt tell them , it was FCM , but i didnt cancel the standing order , so it`s been paying £7.50 a month for at least two years , now they have found me at the address we moved to , and have said call us or else etc etc , the debt is allegedly at over 2k...and the letter has come from wescot

This has really put the wind up me because i am about to apply for a mortgage , i do have a Mortgage in Principle , and when i showed my broker all my credit reports in March , they were fine

What can i do , what should i do , if i jeopardise my mortage , my whole family will suffer , can a DCA just whack something on my credit file at this stage?!?

Any help , greatfully appreciated!!!

Cheers

Re: Help!

Oooops - has the entry appeared on your credit file yet? Thing is you're best not actually contacting them, it could be a chaser letter - when they KNOW they have the right person at the right address they may well update the CRA's and link you (to the default as well). Hence you might be better keeping shtum right now and getting your new mortgage sorted like yesterday -

Good luck mate
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi NID , not sure mate , i guess ill have to apply for them all over again , can they link to a default from so many years ago ?

I think they probably know its me , `im on the roll here etc

This could possibly really do me in, oh dear

Comment

Well the problem is - what did they ever do back then.

I mean, did they default you in 2001? If so then there will be no entry and you can stop squeezing the ass cheeks. However if you came to an agreement they *MIGHT* have actually added an AP for like the last 12 years, meaning there will be 12 years adverse plus another 6 to come before it falls off (assuming you paid in full tomorrow).

So it's a hard one, cos we don't know the old history and likewise, you can't go digging it up cos it might alert them.

DO NOT APPLY for your credit file right now, lol. That's the worst thing you can do - it'll red flag you to any past creditors.

You will really have to hope that nothing has been updated and proceed as planned but expedite things and move mortgages sooner than later!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I just called my broker to tell him , he tells me not to panic, its not insurmountable ,but he is glad i have told him, the thing in my mind is , when this was occuring back in 2000 and 2001 and it went pear shaped i think i am almost certain i tried to get away from them and lived in various bedsits etc , so am pretty sure i have already had a default , the agreements only came about by them finding me i think

So long ago , its hard to think straight!

Comment

surley if they had done it as an agree to pay , it would have flagged up on my credit files from march ??

Comment

Originally posted by DGJsaver View Post
              surley if they had done it as an agree to pay , it would have flagged up on my credit files from march ??
              It certainly should have done, yes.

Wasteclot are useless, but they can still cause unwanted problems by sticking false defaults on your files which will take time to remove. How close are you to actually getting the mortgage?

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                It certainly should have done, yes.

Wasteclot are useless, but they can still cause unwanted problems by sticking false defaults on your files which will take time to remove. How close are you to actually getting the mortgage?

SH
                I have an agreement in principle now , and have just sold my house , so basically the minute we had an offer accepted i would have called the broker to get it arranged!

Comment

I have an agreement in principle now , and have just sold my house , so basically the minute we had an offer accepted i would have called the broker to get it arranged!
                  Ok get it completed and moved then mate - you should be fine

This time when you move cancel the bloody DD/SO to that old debt will you or it'll never go away!

Comment

NID , i wish i had cancelled it back ages ago when i mentioned it on here before , to get that letter today when my whole family is relying on me , well , im a tough egg but i was shitting it, i cant lie

Comment

NID , i wish i had cancelled it back ages ago when i mentioned it on here before , to get that letter today when my whole family is relying on me , well , im a tough egg but i was shitting it, i cant lie
                      Mate just relax and get yourself moved then cancel the payment and let it die a slow death

Comment

If your credit file is fine now, that means there's no AP on the file? If thats the case they must have defaulted you years ago and it's simply dropped off your file. I wouldn't worry though, even if it's not defaulted yet, if your broker was happy with your file when he saw it, there is no more adverse they can do except default you, but that seems a while away yet.

They should also be bound by any arrangement to pay also, even if you haven't still got anything in writing from them accepting the arrangement, the fact they've accepted the payments for 12 years without taking action against you is evidence in itself they had accepted the agreement.

Comment

Thanks mate , that makes me feel better , i know for sure its already been defaulted once and as i say , nothing on my files and the broker went through them witha fine tooth comb , as did i!

Comment

Hello guys
                            Well just an update if anyone’s interested , my Broker has emailed me my mortgage offer and valuation being done on Wednesday next week....i have read various bits since i started this thread , which do reassure me that they can’t just slap another default on , and if they do , i could get it taken off (after a struggle no doubt)

SO, i feel a bit relived that things, house wise might still all be OK....my issue is

A) Should i cancel my standing order i currently pay, it`s obviously not kept them off my case
                            B) They have sent another letter saying we have confirmed you are there respon or further collection activity will occur
                            C) What does irritate me , is when FCM were controlling this account , i used to get yearly statements from RBS collections themselves as well , showing the balance , the last one i have is MAY 2012 showing £1800 , yet wescot are telling me i owe £2600 , because i am busy pretending i don’t live where i do , i can’t argue this with them.....but it’s really annoying that i don’t know how they come to this figure , can interest still be added at this stage?!?

Any advice welcome!

Cheers

Comment

Carry on paying what you are paying and then get the mortgage sorted before pissing around with this.

Leave sleeping dogs and all that

Comment

Working...
                              X