GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Payplan not sending my payments to creditors - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Payplan not sending my payments to creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payplan not sending my payments to creditors

I only have 3 creditors with these now and because we have applied for a variation to the court to have a ccj/charge lowered to £1.00 a month the minimum payment to payplan at the moment is only £ 5.89 , the rest of the debts are looking ue so we stopped paying them in June this year.
    Payplan have had two months so far of £5.89 and still have not sent the payments to the creditors and one is a ccj to lewis group for £3.89 , i just checked my mail from payplan and this is the reply i got .

my email to them

Hi,
    I'm really concerned as the payment from September and October have not yet showed up and one of these payments is a ccj to Lewis Group, i phoned a few weeks ago as i was uanble to get a reply by email, i explained that i have dropped the payments down because my husband has a court hearing for a re-determination on the charge on house which is with Fairfax solicitors, i also explained that until the court hearing has taken place the payment to fairfax will only be £1.00 until the judge decides what we can afford as we are behind in our mortgage payments and are paying it back at £30.00 a month and our mortgage is priority over debt .

please can you pay last months and this months payments even though they are small amounts and update payplanplus as this is worrying me a lot .

Thank you

Thank you for your message.

With regards to your payments, we have been trying to contact you with regards to the minimum payment as this is £32.66 and we cannot distribute any funds to your creditors that is less than this, so we do have the funds on the account, as we are unable to do anything with these.

Please contact us to make a top up payment so we can get payments to your creditors.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Last edited by Spent2much; 1 November 2012, 10:26.

Re: Payplan not sending my payments to creditors

This is the reply i sent payplan a few minutes ago , i'm really not happy with them

Hi, I think my email was clear enough to explain why the payments have dropped please send the money i sent to you to my creditors as this is going to cause serious problems . There is no other explanation needed i sent the money please just pay the creditors
    thank you

Msg Sent: 01/11/2012 10:19

Comment

Can you not send the payments direct to the creditors?

I make my ccj payments to Lewis Group online.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        Can you not send the payments direct to the creditors?

I make my ccj payments to Lewis Group online.
        I am going to drop payplan once the variation is sorted today and pay fairfax online, my only concern is that once they know your debit card number they can try and take more from your account.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
          I am going to drop payplan once the variation is sorted today and pay fairfax online, my only concern is that once they know your debit card number they can try and take more from your account.
          Set it up to pay via internet banking, I pay my ccjs like that and they only get what I send them

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
            Set it up to pay via internet banking, I pay my ccjs like that and they only get what I send them
            I am thinking standing order which is controlled by me , just waiting to see what the outcome from court is today not long now i hope

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
              I agree, dump Payplan, you don't need them since you're doing UE and all they're handling for you are CCJs where everything is done through the courts anyway so you don't need them to manage them for you.

With direct debits you are covered by the direct debit guarantee which means you can cancel them at any time and they cannot be restarted by a third party without your consent. You need to cancel the DD with your bank and you can normally do this online. Big guns like MBNA, RBS, Citi, etc. couldn't restart the DDs when I cancelled them to go UE so neither will Payplan.

You may have heard/read about payday lenders raiding accounts at will but that's a different situation because they rely on continuous payment authority rather than DD and because they are $hark$. Payplan won't do that.

Best of luck with your variation!

thanks Flowerpower, I am concerned now though as Lewis group is a ccj fairfax won't probably do anything as it is going through court right now, but as for Lewis group , i have their statement here and might write to them or phone them see what their account number is so i can set a standing order each month to them, then the other one is an orange mobile debt , they recieve £1.00 month so i will have to sort that out too . Fairfax i know i can pay via their website but might pay them by standing order too .
              Still no news yet the hearing was at 10.50

Comment

Yes, but you can still pay them directly:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you even if it means I'm not doing any work!
                whatever the outcome today payplan are going down the toilet and i am going to pay them direct

Comment

I'd be tempted to send a copy of Payplan's email to each of your three creditors and tell them that you've already paid the money and Payplan are refusing to hand it over That way the creditors will see the evidence for themselves and not think you're bluffing

I would also be making a whopping formal complaint to Payplan because they have no right to keep your money in their bank account and not pass it on They'll belong to some regulatory something-or-other.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                    I'd be tempted to send a copy of Payplan's email to each of your three creditors and tell them that you've already paid the money and Payplan are refusing to hand it over That way the creditors will see the evidence for themselves

I would also be making a whopping formal complaint to Payplan because they have no right to keep your money in their bank account and not pass it on They'll belong to some regulatory something-or-other.
                    That's a good idea i am just trying to find CL FINANCE LIMITED website if they have one .

Comment

Payplan are keeping it in their bank so they can make some interest on it.
                      I am going to ask them to refund my money and then i am going to copy all the email's i have sent them and send the copies to fairfax, Lewis group and orange so they can see i have tried to pay them, i also have the payment confirmation email's as i keep all of them .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                        I am going to ask them to refund my money and then i am going to copy all the email's i have sent them and send the copies to fairfax, Lewis group and orange so they can see i have tried to pay them, i also have the payment confirmation email's as i keep all of them .
                        Sounds like a plan

Comment

I've just found this on another website:

C. L. FINANCE LIMITED
                          Kingston House
                          Centre 27 Business Park
                          Woodhead Road
                          BATLEY
                          WF17 9TD
                          Thanks i think i will have to phone them or write and send proof that i paid and that payplan are withholding the money .

Comment

That is the address I am using

Comment

Write to them with a copy of Payplan's email as PB suggested. Best to keep all these things in writing rather than discussing them on the phone.
                              I'm nervous as Lewis group is a ccj and two payments have been missed so i don't know how long they wait before starting court action

Comment

Working...
                              X