GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with deliquent account? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with deliquent account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with deliquent account?

hi all,

im looking for some advice in dealing with a defaulted/delinquent account that is on my credit report courtesy of British Gas.
    Basically back in sept 2008 we started using BG, the account was run fine for 18 months with no missed payments. then in the last 6 months we missed or were late with some payments We cant remember wether the missed payments were due to us contesting a bill or the fact my partner was made redundant and we struggled over that time period. I think that is by the by as we were late with the payments but the account was settled in full. There is no money owed to british gas but the account is registered as delinquent.
    I have contacted BG to see if they would remove it and they have basically said no, the customer services rep did try and rang me back after seeking advice from various depts but with no joy. She had spoke to the "keys" dept ( i think that was perhaps CIAS) and they claimed nothing could be done due to the fact we missed the payments whether we were contesting a bill or in financial hardship, it matters not.
    When i spoke to the rep she had no detailled info on our acc as they have had new computer systems and the files have not been transferred.
    I am trying to get this removed as we are hoping to get a mortgage this year but i think this record will cause me problems.
    My credit history has been run impeccably fior the last 5/6 years apart from the BG record.

So my question being, is there anything i can do about this and how should i go about it?

thanks in advance

john

Re: Help with deliquent account?

Hi - guess you got my email

read the thread I linked you to - I'll reply to your post shortly.

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...sh-Gas-Default
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya

ok so are you quite certain they do not hold records? If not then the "keys" department (that's who update the CRA's - CAIS is Experians Credit Account Information Sharing system, ie monthly feeds) cannot substantiate that payments were missed, so it all depends exactly what you've already told them?

More info please (ie what have YOU admitted to / told them)...
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Hi - guess you got my email

read the thread I linked you to - I'll reply to your post shortly.

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...sh-Gas-Default
        Yes did thanks,
        ok so some more info ......
        my account is splitt into electric and gas so thats 2 defaults
        i have no paperwork relating to any of this ( i guess we shredded it due to its age)

Comment

Yep that's normal. They split accounts before they become delinquent - I've explained this recently too. Hang on.....

edit - post 11 --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post360903

Comment

i have told them that we had contested a bill but in the end we had to pay it, dont know if they recorded any off that info. the rep could only find my name and that was after i gave them the address that the supply related to. she had no other info on my account.
            Thats not to say that its stored somewhere just not on there new system.
            you can see the records they have logged on experian as missed payments and the amount that was owed at the time.

so far this has all been done verbally

Comment

Can you screen print the Experian entry and email it me please?

Comment

done

Comment

Mate they're settled accounts from 2010 with a few late markers. That *shouldn't* affect your mortgage. Yes it's not ideal but it's 3+ years old in a settled state so chances are it'll go unnoticed unless they are a strict lender in which case argue your case that at that time you/your partner were unemployed and thus fell slightly into arrears for a couple of months but brought it back upto date and paid the small arrears (less than £200) at the first opportunity.

That would usually suffice as it shows very good budgeting skills and repayment ethos.

Comment

thanks, thats encouraging to hear. these are the only 2 "bad" accounts left on my credit record after years of poor credit history but they are still causing my credit score to be poor hence the reason i was worried about the lending decisions.
                    thanks for taking the time to have look, very much appreciated!!

Comment

Well they shouldn't be "poor"; that's not right.

Any CCJ's / Unused or high credit limits / lots of accounts / high debt to income ratio / on the electoral register / recent applications for credit?

All the above PLUS more contribute....

Comment

sent u another email.
                        i did have an admin order that has just been settled via composition order. however the record has been removed from my experian report.im on the electoral role and havent made any applications for credit for years

Comment

Ok it's a late payment marker that you've agreed to have removed. Well done.

After that's removed your score will increase.

Let us know then, once that late payment goes. It's THAT that's affecting your score. Nothing else

Comment

ok will do, thanks

1 more question, why would unused credit availabilty affect your credit score? surely its a good thing not to be maxing out your lines of credit?

Comment

Unused credit shows an available credit so assume you have 10 cards with a £10k limit, if things in your life go tits up you *could* go and get into £100k debt overnight, hence based on that risk a new creditor would decline you if you have such high unused/available credit.

its all to do with risk factoring.

Comment

Working...
                              X