GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Are Royds REALLY this inept?.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Royds REALLY this inept?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Royds REALLY this inept?....

Ok,

When I first got in trouble, I cancelled all dd's and changed banks, as I have 3 debts with them.
    I had a £200 o/d facility with them, which was in fact at -£200.

So, I check my account and they decided to take their loan payment from my current account, causing it to go over the limit. Secondly, they added a £30 returned dd charge and a £80 dd charge.(why the difference in charge?)
    They are still charging a £25 per month account fee despite the fact the account is no longer "technically" in use.

My account is now -£700 with continuing charges - mainly interest and charges for an unauthorised od. Now, it's THEM that caused it to become an unauthorised od by removing their loan payment knowing the funds were not there.

However, the issue is this...
    I wrote to them early on stating that I am willing to pay the od in full, providing they answer my questions about the different returned dd charges (when all dd'd were cancelled)and the continuing unauthorised od fees (caused by them) and the monthly account fee.

After 3 weeks they finally answer saying "thanks for your offer of a monthly payment, fill in the enclosed i&e and we'll consider it". Well, I wasn't offering a monthly payment, I was prepared to pay in full subject to a satisfactory answer to my questions.

Anyway, I write to them again enclosing a copy of my first letter.
    Yep, 3 weeks later I get a reply and it's the same as the first. Can they fecking read??

Then I get a letter from SCM. I write to SCM saying the same and enclosing a copy of my other letters.
    Two weeks later I get a letter from Royds saying that I had not responded to SCM and they are now considering legal action!

They are making my blood boil now - do these idiots read what is sent? Do they want me to pay them this or not??

During all of this, they have been calling between 6 and 12 times per day.

I really now consider this to be unfair practice and harassment.
    How can you come to an arrangement to pay with these idiots when they seem incapable of reading?

It's really no wonder this lot nearly went bust, they are the most inept idiotic morons I've ever come across.....
    Last edited by thechippy; 27 November 2011, 18:45.
    -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Re: Are Royds REALLY this inept?....

FOS intervention time matey - point here is they used an overdraft that was already maxed out to make you further overdrawn - ooopsie, not allowed to do that so you'll be seeking retrospective backdating to before the payment was honoured that meant you exceeded the OD in the first place.....

Basically this will cost RBS £500 in mediation fees so in a way you're getting sweet revenge anyways, or threaten to go to the fos and offer the original £200 as settlement if they remove all charges? Its up to you - couple of options really.

yea, they really are that inept although I like to call them fuckwits myself
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Basically this will cost RBS £500 in mediation fees
      I think chippy means Lloyds ?

Comment

Thanks mate,

Yep, I'll write to them again (fwiw) and offer the £200.
        I'll also keep copies of all correspondence to send to the oft and fos.

Would it constitute unfair practice and harassment to continue adding charges and phoning whilst I'm in the middle of actually trying to sort it out?
        They added about £80-100 of charges while I was waiting for them to answer my bloody letter!!

And yes, Lloyds are fuckwits.....

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          I think chippy means Lloyds ?

sorry, its early (for me)....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

sorry
            No need matey just pointed it out just in case there was confusion.

Comment

Read the Lending Code Section Nine!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                Read the Lending Code Section Nine!
                As detailed here on the forum and on our site ---> Financial Hardship - s9 Lending Code

Thanks mate

Comment

Ok,

Just drafted a rather long letter basically explaining that I'm really pissed off. They can either accept my offer or, I'll make a formal complaint to the FOS. If they don't like it and wish to litigate, then I'll both defend and counterclaim for harassment.

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
                    Ok,

Just drafted a rather long letter basically explaining that I'm really pissed off. They can either accept my offer or, I'll make a formal complaint to the FOS. If they don't like it and wish to litigate, then I'll both defend and counterclaim for harassment.
                    Best of luck mate

Remember to keep opinion out of it and stick to facts so make the long letter shorter or the audience will get bored and miss the key points

Comment

The facts were long mate.....

But, I've tried to word it and space it out in a format which even these... should understand.....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        FOS intervention time matey - point here is they used an overdraft that was already maxed out to make you further overdrawn - ooopsie, not allowed to do that so you'll be seeking retrospective backdating to before the payment was honoured that meant you exceeded the OD in the first place.....

Basically this will cost RBS £500 in mediation fees so in a way you're getting sweet revenge anyways, or threaten to go to the fos and offer the original £200 as settlement if they remove all charges? Its up to you - couple of options really.

yea, they really are that inept although I like to call them fuckwits myself
                        Niddy HSBC increased a OD that was already nearly maxed out to make a payment to themslves and FOS seemed to think that was fine. I think that basically both FOS and the banking industry ignore both the lending code and the old banking code all the time

Comment

....Would the investigation still take place though and the bank has to cough up £500 nicker??

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                            Niddy HSBC increased a OD that was already nearly maxed out to make a payment to themslves and FOS seemed to think that was fine. I think that basically both FOS and the banking industry ignore both the lending code and the old banking code all the time
                            Old banking code is now irrelevant. The new Lending Code I agree - they TRY to ignore. Why? Because they rely on our ignorance in order to get away with it. Once we show them we actually have some idea what we're on about and start pinning them down to abide by things they voluntarily signed up to, then things can change.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                              Old banking code is now irrelevant. The new Lending Code I agree - they TRY to ignore. Why? Because they rely on our ignorance in order to get away with it. Once we show them we actually have some idea what we're on about and start pinning them down to abide by things they voluntarily signed up to, then things can change.
                              So is that a yes then Boo?
                              Would the FOS still investigate if I complain and they get stuffed for £500?
                              I just want to know as, I don't want to send the letter, they have a laugh and I look like a prick...

Comment

Working...
                              X