GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Have L*wells ever taken anyone to court here? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have L*wells ever taken anyone to court here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have L*wells ever taken anyone to court here?

Was just chatting to a friend and told them what I am doing and he said that if there was a CCA then the OC would have taken me to court and that they had dealings with Lowell who are all bull and no horns. Interesting! Is this right?
    Mind you my debt is post 2007 so CCA doesn't matter.. but then his theory of a DCA only having the debt if there is no way the OC thought they'd get money from me in court wouldn't stand.

Re: Have L*wells ever taken anyone to court here?

Yes, Lowells do take people to court. A new member this week lost a court case that Lowells brought against her. Unfortunately, she found us too late for us to do anything.

You can't directly compare other people's experiences as each individual case is exactly that...individual.

However, don't go worrying about that now...one step at a time.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Think your friend is misleading you somewhat.

Am sure have seen people on here get close with Lowell and needed alot of help and a repayment plan to get out of it.

Over time you get to know the beasts and the pussycats.

Lowell is most certainly a beast but one that can be beaten. Favourite method of collection is via a SD with a view to bankrupting someone.

One thing I do note with Lowell is they dont chase Lemons for too long and do write stuff off. Dont think this is cause they are kind and fluffy. More like a hard nosed commercial decision not to chase too hard on lost causes thus adding to collection costs.

Like Pixie said dont worry about what is not infront of you because everything is individual.

Comment

Not only have they been taking people to court for a CCJ in particular cases, in quite a few others they have been making people bankrupt. On average about 1 person per day made bankrupt by them over the past few years.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

oohh he was wrong! lol

Comment

They used to be, and can still be, full of hot air and empty threats though. They still chance their arm on trying to get people to pay on unenforceable, unprovable, or statute barred debt.

As said, it all turns on the exact details of the debt in question. You cannot generalise with them any more.

Comment

well if you look at my diary I kinda already know mine is enforceable and it's for £15k so.... *sigh* damn him giving me hope! lmao...

Comment

Like Pixie said everyones experiences are different and there is no real pattern. Some are more likely to hit you with a claim than others but that said any of them will if they sense its the best way forward for them. And this changes all the time so a dca that was a mare in the spring pipes down a bit to be replaced by another one.

Think of yourself as a pufferfish. Expand and float around like a ballon with spines on thus making you unpalatable to the DCA sharks. Never stops one of them having ago at you but hopefully they prefer easy prey.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post

Think of yourself as a pufferfish. Expand and float around like a ballon with spines on thus making you unpalatable to the DCA sharks. Never stops one of them having ago at you but hopefully they prefer easy prey.
                  And following that, if they do take a bite.........they spit you out fairly quickly

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
                    Was just chatting to a friend and told them what I am doing and he said that if there was a CCA then the OC would have taken me to court and that they had dealings with Lowell who are all bull and no horns. Interesting! Is this right?
                    Mind you my debt is post 2007 so CCA doesn't matter.. but then his theory of a DCA only having the debt if there is no way the OC thought they'd get money from me in court wouldn't stand.
                    This isn't correct on many levels unfortunately. Sometimes the OC just doesn't have the resources to deal with the number of people who have defaulted and so it is a commercial decision to write off the debt and sell it to a DCA.

Remember that the OC will bump up the balance with interest and charges before its sold, and then get tax relief so they're not making such a loss as you may think, especially if you have been a 'good customer' to them and have more than paid back the capital.

As for Lowell being a bull with no horns. Well that may be many peoples experience but unfortunately there are many who have experienced the opposite. Usually their antics can be thwarted but you need to address them carefully so personally would say its risky to ignore Lowell correspondence but instead stand firm and let them know you're that pufferfish.

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                    One thing I do note with Lowell is they dont chase Lemons for too long and do write stuff off. Dont think this is cause they are kind and fluffy. More like a hard nosed commercial decision not to chase too hard on lost causes thus adding to collection costs.
                    I'm one of those whose Lowell accounts have been written off so have personal experience to say it can be done.

But even if they were to get heavy with you thats a long way off and everyone here will help you address that.
                    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Thank you S&V

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
                        well if you look at my diary I kinda already know mine is enforceable and it's for £15k so.... *sigh* damn him giving me hope! lmao...
                        enforceable or not I bet if they issue a claim (SD) it's be set aside
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have NO idea what that means!! lol Under this purple hair I am blonde!

Comment

I believe it very much depends on the paperwork they believe they have, I have 2 experiences of Lowell's 1st they issued a SD for a £5k cap one debt, believe me initially they certainly appeared prepared to take it all the way, if it wasn't for niddy, Elsa and this wonderful site I could have lost everything I ended up settling on a full and final offer that Elsa and niddy helped me negotiate. It was a living hell, they were very aggressive. 2nd account was very quickly acknowledged as totally unenforceable by them, this time it was over £11k after 3 letters I received the one I have framed from them saying their client had no agreement!

If they do appear on your radar I would take them very seriously.

jane x

Comment

Haven't looked at your thread, so not quite sure what Nids means either. However, I would guess that since Lowlifes and their process servers normally fuck up the SD somewhere, and we have a good lawyer on board, that it should not be a problem one way or the other....

Comment

Working...
                              X