GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Do i poke a DCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i poke a DCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i poke a DCA

Hello all

Got my experian adn equifax reports , i currently pay £7.50 a month on an old (2001) RBS loan account , i have moved twice since 2007 and have never told the DCA , FCM , where i have moved , but have left the standing order sat there......so , on the two reports i refer to there is no mention of this debt or repayment history at all , in fact there is no mention at all of RBS or FCM

Question - what should i do ? it would seem i am paying money , for no reason but darent cancel the SO in case it upsets them and they decide to slap something on my credit file.....

advice welcome!

Re: Do i poke a DCA

Probably need more information tbh like how much is the debt for.

If you been paying it aint going to be SB. But the fact its off your credit files indicate its had a default and been removed.

That said you dont appear to have the proof of this so could be awkward if they do decide to feck you over.

Think most on here would say stop paying and see what happens. Seeing as they dont have your address they would have to do a trace on you. Depending on the value of the debt is this worth their while. The bigger the debt the more worth it to them.

Just my opinion

Comment

Cheers Ken

its a strange one , i used to receive balance updates direct from `collections` at RBS direct , but at the same time i was paying FCM a monthly payment , and i would also get FCM harrasing me to increase the payment all the time , i havent spoken to FCM in more than 2 years and the balance i think is at about £1800..

Thing is , i might be able to get a mortgage in the near future and i dont want to rock any boat....

Comment

yeah, i would be inclined to stop paying too. Old debt that's not listed on any of the CRA's
        Just prepare to get the paper shredder out!

Edit: Just seen the bit about the mortgage although if these are 2001 debts they wont be able to report anything to the CRA's now thou surely?
        Last edited by SA Gold; 30 January 2013, 13:37.
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

but surley , they can just slap a default back on my file and argue about it later?

Comment

Originally posted by DGJsaver View Post
            but surley , they can just slap a default back on my file and argue about it later?
            A default on what thou mate, i thought you said there was nothing recorded on Equifax, Experian?
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

there isnt , i think thats why i`m confused , can it not be made `current` again and they start reporting the accoutn all over again?

Comment

there isnt , i think thats why i`m confused , can it not be made `current` again and they start reporting the accoutn all over again?
                Not as far as i am aware mate, no. They work on a 6 year cycle - good and shite drops off after 6 years although that doesn't mean RBS will drop off thou (although stranger things have happened )

Good luck

Comment

RBS isnt on there at all....

Comment

RBS isnt on there at all....
                    sorry i meant to say "doesn't mean RBS will forget about you like Equifax do".

Comment

Thats what I meant about the proof. If you had a screenshot or paper proof there had been a default then its bingo they cant.

But sadly you learn on here what they shouldnt and what they do are two separate things.

With a mortgage being wanted by your goodself I would hate to say do x y or z and then for them to do what they like doing which is fecking people over.

£1800 isnt big compared to what some people have and it is well old.

If you werent after the mortgage I would for sure be saying stop and see what happens.

Maybe others have another view. Maybe I am too cautious but for you the consequences could outweigh the £7.50 at the moment.

Maybe get the mortgage then deal with this by stopping then?

Comment

If you stop paying they'll start TRACE and locate you and link to you.

For £80 odd a year it's a small price to pay if this is the ONLY debt you have per se.

If your current credit report shows other baddies then stop paying as this won't matter then if they trace you.

So if it were me and I had a clean credit report I'd let sleeping dogs lie. If I had other baddies I'd stop paying.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Of course Ken is correct. You know when you read one thing and think another? Well, i thought DGJsaver had a copy of the Equifax with the defaults listed but its just a copy with nothing listed.
                          I guess the only other thing DGJsaver would be if you had a dated copy of the letter advising you of the default being registered. If not, its a gamble mate sadly.

Comment

good advise mate , let sleeping dogs lie , see what i can do mortgage wise , with luck get somewhere , get settled , then stop paying , i dunno , there was a time not very long ago when £7.50 hurt a month (not that i am rolling it now or anything , far from it!!)

Comment

Thanks ALL

NID , its my only issue , the wife (who is my DGJSAVER DIARY) you have been helping me with for years is another story.......though my next task is to get myself unassociated from her before i apply....

Comment

Working...
                              X