GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Link Financial - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial

I'm new to the site, i just got a letter from a link financial, i believe it could be 1 of 2 things, student loan from back in 98 or store card which i only owed about £100 in 2000 but i was skint and chose to ignore, do you know if Link Financial buy student loan debt? thats what i'm worried the most about

Any help advice would be really appreciated

Re: Link Financial

welcome to AAD

When did you last pay the storecard?

Comment

Based on your post respond to link with this DO NOT put a phone number or anything, use the same details as they used in their letter ie "mr m smith" means don't give out the fact "M" means mark or whatever (ie mark smith)

Send this: Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Lat Paid around 2002, i kepy putting it off:-( wish id just paid it now

Comment

Send the template above. It is statute barred anyway.

Basically tell em to piss off. They have NO right to any monies due to limitation period kicking in in 2008 (6yrs since last payment)!

It's finished. Just send that template. You'll be fine.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

the letter to me says

Dear *****

Your address has been highlighted to us as a potential new address for our customer with whom you share the same name.

we ask taht you contact our office on blah blah blah to discuss this information supplied to us.

The worst thing is not knowing how much i owe. i feel like just contatcting them just to get it over and done with......but i know i would struggle financialy

Comment

Thnak you so much for this info

Basically tell em to piss off. They have NO right to any monies due to limitation period kicking in in 2008 (6yrs since last payment)!

It's finished. Just send that template. You'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Never in Doubt what if its student loans?

Comment

Ahh ok ignore that letter. Await a follow up.

Whatever you do; don't do anything daft like admit it!!

Student loans are different altogether but still, don't worry about that too much right now as you're technically going to ignore them right now.

See what they send next and keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by Kempes78 View Post
                    Never in Doubt what if its student loans?
                    Old style (pre 09/98) - can become statute barred

New style (post 09/98) - cannot be SB

"the Student Loans Company are still allowed to take money from your wages for a loan over six years old and they do not have to go to court to do so".

Comment

My student loan was last paid to me in september 1997 then i graduated in summer 98

am i old style? thanks for all your help

Comment

looks like you are "old style"

which is good cos then its SB

Comment

Can anybody explain "statute barred" in lay mans terms - this is all new to me, thanks

Comment

if you haven't admitted the debt in writing or paid a payment in 6 years (England and Wales) and 5 years (Scotland), they can't pursue, and in Scotland the debt is totally extinguished.

Comment

Originally posted by Kempes78 View Post
                              Can anybody explain "statute barred" in lay mans terms - this is all new to me, thanks
                              How long can a creditor chase a debt?

This is dependent on the type of debt you have. The most common form of debt which people ask about in our forum is unsecured debts eg credit cards, personal loans, store cards, catalogues, bank loans, finance company loans etc. The Limitations Act 1980 states that when the following conditions are met then the debt cannot be pursue through the courts.

The conditions are:-
                              • That the creditor has not taken court action against you, eg CCJ, AND
                              • You have not made any payments on the debt over the last 6 years,AND
                              • During the years, you haven't written to the creditor acknowledging that owe them money.
                              As you can see all three conditions must be met in order for the debt to be "time barred". So the answer to the above question is 6 years.5 years in Scotland............
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X