GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Link Financial - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Link Financial
    • I dont believe ive had a ccj against my name i dont want to osund thick but i suppose this is something i would know about yes?
    • I havent made any payments in the last 6 years
    • And i have never written to anybody acknowledging i owe anything to anybody.

So fingers crossed i should be ok -

i will repost for further advice if i get anymore letters

Thanks to everyone who has posted with help, i owe you all a beer:-)

Comment

Best of luck. Keep us updated
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've had a lot of experience with Link. Well, when I say "experience", what I really mean is "letters & phone calls".

So far they have been toothless.

Comment

Hi Again Guys

Just to update you, Link financial have called my partners Mam's house asking for her, Her mam just keeps saying she is out but also that she didnt keep intouch with me. They sent a letter saying i had previously let them know it was fine to contact me through Her Mams address which is a lie.

My partner is getting a little worried and upset that they are bothering her mother.

Should my partner speak to them?

as always your help is very much appreciated

Cheers

Comment

Perhaps Paul can teach those oafs another lesson in manners, by seeking an account of damages on behalf of your partner's mother in respect of their repeated contravention of section 1 (link) of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997?

Comment

Originally posted by Kempes78 View Post
              Just to update you, Link financial have called my partners Mam's house asking for her, Her mam just keeps saying she is out but also that she didnt keep intouch with me. They sent a letter saying i had previously let them know it was fine to contact me through Her Mams address which is a lie.
              It is interesting that they should have chosen to put that untruth in a letter. To whom was that letter addressed and what else did it say?

My partner is getting a little worried and upset that they are bothering her mother.
              That is understandable. Get her mother a police whistle - a quid or two on eBay - to "test their hearing" when they next bother her.

Should my partner speak to them?
              Most emphatically NOT - if a company is willing to put untruths in writing, where there is evidence of what they claimed, just think what they'd be like on the telephone where no evidence would remain of the conversation!

If you can record the conversation, it might be another matter.

Comment

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...method=boolean

That was my last outing against our mates at Link.

If they are committing harassment on a statute barred debt then their ass needs kicking proverbially it would need setting up properly, and im guessing they would run away pretty quick

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                  http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...method=boolean

That was my last outing against our mates at Link.

If they are committing harassment on a statute barred debt then their ass needs kicking proverbially it would need setting up properly, and im guessing they would run away pretty quick
                  They would, if they had any sense - but if they really had any sense, they'd surely not have acted as they did with Mr Harrison!

Comment

Hi Again Guys this is what the letter reads

Dear ****
                    We have been trying to contact **** but been unsuccessful.

Previously **** gave us permission to contact you should we ever lose contact with them.

It is important that we establish contact with them so if you could telephone us on the numbers quoted below and advise us of any contact details you may have for them we would be grateful.

Please telephone our office today on 08447362490, our account officers are available to assist you from 8am to 830pm blah bal blah

Comment

Also i have checked my credit rating on experien and its pretty good and there is no mention of any ccj's or debts owed.

They sent a letter to my grandmothers house today, with nobody's name on the envelope.

Comment

Hi Again Guys this is what the letter reads

Dear ****
                        We have been trying to contact **** but been unsuccessful.

Previously **** gave us permission to contact you should we ever lose contact with them.

It is important that we establish contact with them so if you could telephone us on the numbers quoted below and advise us of any contact details you may have for them we would be grateful.

Please telephone our office today on 08447362490, our account officers are available to assist you from 8am to 830pm blah bal blah
                        Whilst that letter may be almost neutral in tone, their name alone is enough to suggest they are chasing an alleged debt. The "say no to 0870" website - link - suggests that number belongs to their Caerphilly office which chases delinquent Student Loans. The geographical number is 029 2085 3500.

One might be tempted to tell them that the person is now calling himself Hugh Jarce and that his work number is 0161 834 5050.

Comment

I'd be tempted to ignore everything they send through.

File 13.

Comment

sorry to question almost every term

but

delinquent Student Loans?

Comment

sorry to question almost every term

but

seems link have brought a bundle of Student loans most of which are irrecoverable it seems, shame

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                                seems link have brought a bundle of Student loans most of which are irrecoverable it seems, shame
                                Rather than loans made to delinquent students?

Comment

Working...
                                X