GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Serious Address Issues please help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Address Issues please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistic
    replied
    Re: Serious Address Issues please help

Hi Missy thanks for the reply

Current addresses:

Equifax: Flat address
    Experian: RM address (to become Flat address overnight, which I am beginning to feel I should stop happening)

Mail is delivered through a single mail slot then sorted by those of us in the building. My mail almost always has the Flat on it as it as I either write that when giving my address out, or alter it later after applying for something with the RM address.

The RM address, without the flat, is the only option when searching for a postcode, ie on the RM database. So anything new I apply for or give the address for has to be without the flat til it is accepted and can then be amended.

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied
    Re: Serious Address Issues please help

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Do i understand correctly; the address your name appears within the credit reference agency files isn't what is used to actually deliver things to the property?
    Last edited by SA Gold; 19 November 2012, 15:02.

Leave a comment:

• Mistic
    started a topic Serious Address Issues please help

Serious Address Issues please help

Hi guys

New here, discovered this forum through Niddy's posts on MSE and seems like I have been reading nonstop for days. Wonderful site and so pleased to have found it

I have some issues which have been dogging me for years regarding my address. I have been dutifully building green on my reports for the past several years after making a good mess of them prior to that but the address thing is destroying all the work.

I live in a building with internal flats. I am on the Voter's Registrar as a Flat number and have been for years trying to build my files. The issue is that with Royal Mail, the address is the building number and for searching purposes the flats do not exist.

Eg.

Real Address:
    Flat X
    X Somewhere Street
    Town
    Postsode

Royal Mail address:
    X Somewhere Street
    Town
    Postcode

Because of this, whenever I apply for anything, or anyone tries to search for me, they only have the option of searching the Royal Mail address without the flat. But I am registered to vote on the flat address.

I have been reading EVERYTHING, believe me, I have been able to find regarding this, the most helpful posts from this forum on a similar thread, but the advice is to use the Royal Mail variation.

I tried to do this today, spent hours on the phone with the intention of switching everything to the Royal Mail variation and found the following issues.

Equifax. Cannot, apparently, link my flat address to my RM address. All they can do is link the RM address to the flat address because they have to follow the Voter's Reg, which they say will make my RM-only address information disappear and when I am searched there without the flar no information will be found.

Experian. Have changed my address listing from the RM to the flat address, linked my RM address to it and tell me that even should I be searched without the Flat, all my information should appear. But I am concerned now after what Equifax told me.

Electoral Registrar. Tried to get my address changed from the Flat to the RM address for consistency but was told because flats exist they cannot merge the properties and there is nothing they can do, that I should speak to RM.

RM. Back in a circle, told me again there was nothing they could do as the properties share a mail point.

I apologize for the size of the post, but I really could do with some advice here and would greatly appreciate it

The only option seems to be merging the information with the CRAs, but as mentioned above, the only way they appear to be able to do that will apparently make my file non-existent to anyone trying to search me without the flat and it is not possible to search with it.

Please help
    Last edited by Mistic; 19 November 2012, 14:28.
Working...
X