trueCall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trueCall

A recommendation here for a superb, but pricey bit of kit. Truecall will filter all your calls. You set up * lists where people you want get straight through, zap lists where people you don't want to speak to get a message telling them you don't accept calls from that number and hangs up (mine is set to give the disconnected tone). Other calls have to say who they are, they are then put on hold for a few seconds, Truecall rings your phone and tells you that you have a call from Caspar. You then either press 1 to accept me, * so that in future I always get straight through, # to zap me or hang up and it takes a message. For around £20 extra you can buy a memory card which then records your calls - mine is set to record all calls.

Absolutely brilliant piece of kit, but costs about £80 for the unit via internet plus £20ish for the recording card. For us it has been more than worth the money it cost!

Re: trueCall

TrueCall....

I am trying to negotiate with them, similar to what CAG used to do - to get a discount, bear with me on this and i'll update thread if they bite!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yeah i saw the ad its a handy wee gadget for screening calls.

Gerry

Comment

Fabulous idea Niddy about getting discounted items for AAD users. Hope you are successful.

Perhaps you could try for discounted ciggies and/or wine too - that would be very useful
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
          Perhaps you could try for discounted ciggies and/or wine too - that would be very useful
          I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
            Fabulous idea Niddy about getting discounted items for AAD users. Hope you are successful.

Nuggat!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Such a way with words
              If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

OOoh have decided to buy one of these... so will hold fire in case we can get a Niddy discount (tight fisted, me).

Great suggestion about the wine...
                Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Hi Everyone
                  If you're looking for a cheap Truecall Telephone screening device you could try what I did keep an eye on eBay as they do come up on there from time to time I just got one described as brand-new still in its box with the SD card for £67.01 +£5.00 p&p which I thought was a bargain.
                  Regards Rhinoman
                  The DCA Vultures are circling above, But the Rhinoman isn't dead yet !
                  He's just sharpening his Horn for the next round. Bring it on !

Comment

Mmm just been looking on fleabay: with the SD card it's an extra £20 odd... just wondered if it's just a bog standard SD card in which case, cheaper to buy a normal one separately?
                    Sooo looking forward to telling DCAs "we don't want your call".
                    Niddified and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                      Mmm just been looking on fleabay: with the SD card it's an extra £20 odd... just wondered if it's just a bog standard SD card in which case, cheaper to buy a normal one separately?
                      Sooo looking forward to telling DCAs "we don't want your call".
                      Hi MustGetStraight
                      You don't actually need the is the SD card to make the unit work the SD card is used if you want to record your calls.
                      And they say in instructions that it is not a standard SD card and a standard card will not work has there's got to be preloaded software.
                      Hope this helps and answer to your question.
                      Regards
                      Rhinoman
                      Last edited by rhinoman; 17 February 2011, 07:44.
                      The DCA Vultures are circling above, But the Rhinoman isn't dead yet !
                      He's just sharpening his Horn for the next round. Bring it on !

Comment

Originally posted by rhinoman View Post
                        Hi MustGetStraight
                        You don't actually need the is the SD card to make the unit work the SD card is used if you want to record your calls.
                        And they say in instructions that it is not a standard SD card and a standard card will not work there's has got preloaded software.
                        Hope this helps and answer to your question.
                        Regards
                        Rhinoman
                        Ah it does - thank you. I'd like the recording option but £20 odd extra seemed a bit steep if it wasn't a bog standard SD card!
                        Niddified and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                          Ah it does - thank you. I'd like the recording option but £20 odd extra seemed a bit steep if it wasn't a bog standard SD card!
                          See here; ---> http://www.truecall.co.uk/acatalog/RecordYourCalls.html

I will post a link (or the software itself) on here when we sort things with them, sorry i've not chased this yet - will do so tonight! Basically, all the software can be copied, dragged and dropped onto the SD card to make it work - similar to using homebrew/r4 (DS) etc......

bear with me on this - i'll chase them tonight for a discount deal

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            See here; ---> http://www.truecall.co.uk/acatalog/RecordYourCalls.html

I will post a link (or the software itself) on here when we sort things with them, sorry i've not chased this yet - will do so tonight! Basically, all the software can be copied, dragged and dropped onto the SD card to make it work - similar to using homebrew/r4 (DS) etc......

bear with me on this - i'll chase them tonight for a discount deal
                            Thanks Niddy, I'll hold off... can't afford it this month anyway but looking forward to having one of these!
                            Niddified and proud!

Comment

Ok,

To download the software onto the memory card you should click the following link: ---> LINK EXPIRED - NEW LINK COMING SOON!

Just buy any SD card, and load the accompanying download onto it - Sorted
                              Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 7 April 2012, 07:00. Reason: New updated file added

Comment

Working...
                              X