trueCall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trueCall

I wonder if they've changed something, as the day my subscription ran out, I couldn't download anything onto my computer. As soon as I subscribed again, no problems. Could be it works straight away as long as the subscription is active as well.

I could also be wrong lol. Guess I'll have to try it again.

Comment

Sounds like what they do is use a call back feature to check if you have a subscription or not, if not, then it returns a message and stops the recordings from working.

Or

When you use their software it does a check at that point, and the software stops you listening to the recordings.

Im not sure of which as ive never seen the software, but those two are most likely.

I would use some sort of firewall software to monitor whether a port is opened when the software is run, to check for subscription, and see if you can block it by changing your hosts file to stop the connection, its like a basic license patch/hack.

If its a call back straight from the machine then thats obviously harder to hack as it would maybe require SD card software modding oractual hardware modding

If someone messages me with the PC software i could try running it through OllyDBG and see what happens.
      Last edited by SXGuy; 7 June 2012, 20:56.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        Sounds like what they do is use a call back feature to check if you have a subscription or not, if not, then it returns a message and stops the recordings from working.

Or

When you use their software it does a check at that point, and the software stops you listening to the recordings.

Im not sure of which as ive never seen the software, but those two are most likely.

I would use some sort of firewall software to monitor whether a port is opened when the software is run, to check for subscription, and see if you can block it by changing your hosts file to stop the connection, its like a basic license patch/hack.

If its a call back straight from the machine then thats obviously harder to hack as it would maybe require SD card software modding oractual hardware modding

If someone messages me with the PC software i could try running it through OllyDBG and see what happens.
        I'd willingly oblige if I understood any of this. It's like reading Japanese to me - never was very technical.

Sounds extremely impressive though, so I would guess you're probably right!

Comment

Working...
        X