GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sky havent cancelled my services and charged me £51!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sky havent cancelled my services and charged me £51!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky havent cancelled my services and charged me £51!!

Hi Guys.

On the 9th December 2013, i contacted sky via their online form, to cancell ALL services. TV, Phone and Broadband. Under their Terms and Conditions, this is perfectly fine to do so this way.

I received an email confirming receipt of my message sent to them via their website, and shortly after received an email confirming that phone and broadband had been cancelled.

I did not receive any email confirming that they would cancel the TV package.

A few days later, i received another email asking me to telephone them as there had been some changes to the account and would need to speak to me directly before the changes can be made. Thinking this must be to do with my cancellation i telephoned them.

The guy i spoke to, could not find any record of the email that was sent and told me to ignore it. I said to him, if it helps, i can give you the reference number thats been added to the subject line. Nope, just ignore it he said. And so i did.

Today, i notice, ive been charged £51 for sky services. TV, Phone and Broadband.

So i went on their website, opened a live chat, and told the person what has happend. He told me, that he can confirm that the phone and broadband had been cancelled, but can not see confirmation that the TV had been.

I explained what happend, and he has given me a CRF Reference number and told me someone will email in 2 to 3 days.

I am absolutely raving. My message to them via their website clearly stated ALL services, TV, Phone and Broadband to be cancelled from todays date (9th December), as i am switching to Virgin on the 4th January.

The trouble is, because it was done via their website, i have no copy of the content that was sent, however, they will have a recording on the phone call i made to them asking about the email i received, which i said on the phone "I wondered if it had something to do with the fact ive recently cancelled ALL services."

Ive cancelled the DD as of today, they can go spin for any more money off me. But they better not issue a default when trying to take next months payment or i will go mad!!

Do you think an email to the CEO at this point is wise or should i see if they try and resolve it first?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Sky havent cancelled my services and charged me £51!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...regulator.html

Comment

Thanks for the link, i was aware of this, and will use it as ammunition should they get nasty. Im used to dealing with debt collector letters so not really worried about that should it happen, but point is, it shouldnt get that far.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Having once been caught out when I changed my vehicle details online for the insurance...then later being fined for not having insurance (they said I hadn't changed the vehicle details)...I now always take a screenshot of any transactions/cancellations/etc done online.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Go to back and reclaim the amount they called for as an unauthorised transaction.

Comment

Thanks Oscar, Still waiting for them to get back to me, prob have more chance of there not being a water shortage this year LOL

Gonna ring them from my work phone tomorrow. If i dont get the cancellation back dated and the money refunded, then i will email the CEO and get my bank to reverse the charge.

Comment

We had the exact same, it's because they do not allow cancellations online (unless you cheat the system like I did)... see chain of events below.

Dear Niddy

We have received a request to make a change to your Sky account. Unfortunately we don’t have all the security information we require to be able to process the request. To complete this action we need to speak to you as we don’t recommend providing security details in writing.
              We need you to contact us on 08442 410 266 to confirm the security information which will allow us to complete the request.

If we do not hear from you then we will take no action on your account, meaning all details and/or services will remain unchanged and active.

If you do not want us to process any request on your account then no further action is required from you

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
              Mandeep
              Sky Help Centre
              My reply to Sky went as follows, obviously claiming I had a hearing issue was a lie but it was the ONLY way to skip their silly processes. Within their own Accessibility rules they will allow cancellations online if necessary.

Dear Sky

Please see email chain below - I cancelled my service on 2nd August but it's not been done yet, why? I tried to contact someone on live-chat but they said I must ring but right now I am hard of hearing and thus want to email.

Please ensure my service is cancelled immediately as per the original request dated 2nd August 2013. There is nothing in your terms that state I must call you and likewise, you allowed me to cancel online through my account (whilst logged in) so I am puzzled why it was never done and why you are nagging me to ring you - I cannot and will not ring as I cannot hear anything anyone says to me.

Please ensure this matter is dealt with and that any advance funds paid to you are refunded to the same account you took money from.
              And a reply from Sky Accessibility Team

Thank you for providing this information. I am sorry that the cancellation request has not yet been actioned but I can certainly do that for you now. I will obviously make sure that this request is backdated to the 3rd of the month.

Before I process the cancellation for you though I just want to double check that you wish for all the services to be cancelled. I notice that we have not received any request for another provider to take over your services and I would not like to leave you without a telephone line.

Can you please confirm that this is what you would like me to do and I will organise it for you straight away?

Kind regards
              Victoria

Sky Accessible Customer Service
              Phone – 08442 410333
              Minicom – 08442 410535
              SMS – 07841 220868
              AccessibleCustomerService@BSkyB.com
              www.sky.com/accessibility

The direct contact details are above, I suggest you try saying you're deef or summat

Good Luck
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy, i got that email as well, and when i telephoned them about it, some twat said, ill have a look....nope no email has been sent, its probably just a scam, id ignore it.

So frustrating! im gonna email them now

Comment

Copy & paste my emails matey lol. But send to accessibility dept
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just to update this thread

Niddy i sent them an email, slight variation of yours. I admit i didnt say i was hard of hearing, but quite fankly i couldnt give two tosses what they think.

Did manage to find a copy of the original message i sent them which clearly shows i requested to cancel the tv package as well as phone and broadband. It was attached as a copy to their ackowledgment email.

Anyway, have had no replies, its been 11 days since the email was sent, and nearly two weeks since the online advisor gave me a reference number and said id be contacted within 2 to 3 days!

I did however receive a nice email from them saying "we noticed your direct debit has been cancelled by your bank, if you do not reinstate it, we may have to suspend your servies" no shit sherlock.

Im contemplating whether to now email the CEO, or wait for them to pass a bill on to a DCA so i can have a bit of fun slaping them down, i dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                      Just to update this thread

Niddy i sent them an email, slight variation of yours. I admit i didnt say i was hard of hearing, but quite fankly i couldnt give two tosses what they think.

Did manage to find a copy of the original message i sent them which clearly shows i requested to cancel the tv package as well as phone and broadband. It was attached as a copy to their ackowledgment email.

Anyway, have had no replies, its been 11 days since the email was sent, and nearly two weeks since the online advisor gave me a reference number and said id be contacted within 2 to 3 days!

I did however receive a nice email from them saying "we noticed your direct debit has been cancelled by your bank, if you do not reinstate it, we may have to suspend your servies" no shit sherlock.

Im contemplating whether to now email the CEO, or wait for them to pass a bill on to a DCA so i can have a bit of fun slaping them down, i dont know.
                      Email their CEO mate

--> jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

Comment

I'd also enclose copies of their emails and state something along the lines of "This is how crap you staff are - do they know what training is!"

But that's just me!

Comment

cheers guys, will get an email off tomorrow.

Comment

So i emailed the CEO, and today i came home to an email and voicemail from the head of one of the departments, apologising and saying hes been asigned to deal with everything, he will try and telephone me again tomorrow between 5 and 6pm.

Looks like im finally getting somewhere! Someone must have been kicked up the arse haha.

Will update after ive spoken to him tomorrow.

Comment

"Believe in better"
                              Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X