GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone getting crappy service from EDF?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone getting crappy service from EDF??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone getting crappy service from EDF??

Hi all - I'm getting really hacked off with EDF

I have a plan set up for 47 pcm for gas and 38 pcm for electric - they then tell me my tarrifs are incompatiable with each other after 6 months!

PLUS they take my 47 &38 at my desired time.....then take the actualy bill calculation around beginning of the month ASWELL!!!!

AND.....yesterday I get a bill saying..."total bill £110 - as you pay by DD you need do nothing - we will collected £185 on 19th October"

after 50 mins on hold to speak to someone - they can't help and don't understand my account either!

They can't confirm my tariff - so dunno if i could move - i'm being debited 4 times a month instead of 2.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Anyone getting crappy service from EDF??

Have you exhausted the contract period if so you are free to move.

You can also exercise your right to move without penalty for 30 days after any price increase.

I would bypass customer services and email the CEO this will get the complaint looked at by the top tier in complaints.

The email address you need is in the link below:

http://www.ceoemail.com/sm.php?em=vi...*edfenergy.com

Good Luck

Regards

Comment

Thanks so much for this!! Had no idea I could email the ceo.

Comment

Malamute,

Yes indeed, it was how I addressed my complaint to British Gas in the end after getting nowhere with customer services.

Not only was I put on the right essentials tariff I also had my accounts back dated to the point I moved to BG as well as £50 compo on each account.

If you need any other CEO Emails bookmark this link but remember to update it as emails are still being added to it.

http://www.ceoemail.com/

Regards

Comment

Wow sounds like a big mess!!! hope you get it sorted I'm now with British Gas who (looking round wildly to touch some wood) are ok but I had a complete nightmare with N power - but not had any dealings with EDF

Good luck

Comment

EDF have a bad name. We have a firm fixed policy and always have had in that we have one company to supply gas, i.e. BRITISH GAS and another company to supply electricity, i.e. Scottish Power/Manweb. It only costs a a little more and I mean little when we do the comparisons, we always argue the toss over tariffs and increases BUT neither company have us over a barrel.

EDF have a bad name in this part of the world, North Wales. They actually let it slip recently that despite us having to put up with hundreds of ugly windmills off our coastline, eventually our electricity (shorter rather than longer term) would cost more than 30% more from them.

Shows the level of intelligence their staff have for a start.

Garlok
            Last edited by garlok; 6 October 2011, 13:59.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
              EDF have a bad name. We have a firm fixed policy and always have had in that we have one company to supply gas, i.e. BRITISH GAS and another company to supply electricity, i.e. Scottish Power/Manweb. It only costs a a little more and I mean little when we do the comparisons, we always argue the toss over tariffs and increases BUT neither company have us over a barrel.

EDF have a bad name in this part of the world, North Wales. They actually let it slip recently that despite us having to put up with hundreds of ugly windmills off our coastline, eventually our electricity (shorter rather than longer term) would cost more than 30% more from them.

Shows the level of intelligence their staff have for a start.

Garlok
              Thanks everyone - sent an email to the ceo.

The tricky thing is that as my tariff isnt confirmed i don't feel confident doing a comparison.

I have toyed with the different suppliers idea but wasn't sure - i've always kept to the same.

Our house has a really good heating system and our usage was only 5 units of gas between 28/6 to 28/9. We turned down the temp that the hot water came out at during the summer and the combination boiler we have means we only heat water when we turn on hot tap. Summer usage very cheap - bar the standing charge of 20.88 per day!

I honestly use to understand my gas & electric but nowadays I've not a clue.

Wonder what his reply will be!!

Comment

Garlok,

You are right in that a dual tariff is not always the cheapest and many companies do play on the idea of convenience in having one company supply both.

The energy minister has called on the companies to give bills that are easier to understand, however how far those measures go we will see.

regards
                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 6 October 2011, 18:42.

Comment

The other thing we do is when the meter reader calls, he reads, when he leaves we check and keep note having completed our own calculations. When bill arrives if it is more than £5 out we recheck and phone in with complaint and accurate reading. This buys another fortnight in time to pay the bill as usually the discrepancy is their problem and we make them raise another bill which is accurate rather than let them credit the next one. its better in our bank than theirs.

We have just had £68 returned to our account from BT as they wouldn't alter our direct debit (indian call centre UGH!) so OH demanded a return of the excess we had paid. They coughed up in three days without any further quibble.

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
                    Thanks so much for this!! Had no idea I could email the ceo.
                    To: vincent.derivaz@edfenergy.com
                    Subject: billing

Monsieur,

Votre tête est plein de merde. Votre grand-mère était une salope ivre avec le visage d'un cochon; votre mère était une gerbille et votre père sentait des baies de sureau.

Je pète à votre direction approximative; je me moucher et je souffle la morve sur vous.

================================

That should tell him!
                    Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 7 October 2011, 01:42. Reason: la grammaire francaise

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                      We have just had £68 returned to our account from BT as they wouldn't alter our direct debit (indian call centre UGH!)
                      Na allai Mahatma deall Cymraeg?

Comment

To: vincent.derivaz@edfenergy.com
                        Subject: billing

Monsieur,

Votre tête est plein du merde. Votre grand-mère était une salope ivre avec le visage d'un cochon; votre mère était une gerbille et votre père sentait des baies de sureau.

Je pète à votre direction approximative et je gratte mon nez à vous.

================================
                        Don't think I will post the translation lol

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          Don't think I will post the translation lol
                          Coward.

Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 6 October 2011, 20:40.

Comment

Anyone that wants to be my guest lol

http://translate.google.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Coward.
                              Vous etes un lache

Comment

Working...
                              X