GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Simvastatins (40MG) side affects. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simvastatins (40MG) side affects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simvastatins (40MG) side affects.

Okay as many of you know I was prescribed Simvastatins at 40mg at almost a month ago.

I have a check up tomorrow about other stuff (women stuff) lol, but am going to bring up about some concerns of mine.

I recall one some saying about cramps, but cannot remember who.
    In the last week I have noticed painful legs (back of my legs), does this side effect ring the bell?
    It's more like a nagging dull ache? (I stopped taking them tonight) cos the ache is doing my head in.

I am very exhausted on them as well and now have a bad habit of just drifting off to sleep.

So I do think this is important to mention.

I was informed of another statin by one or 3 of you and cannot recall the name of it now, but did write it somewhere, but put it too safe, so would also like to see about this with my doc at my appointment.

Thank you folks x

Re: Simvastatins (40MG) side affects.

Was it this one you was told about? This is the one I am on and have been told it is one of the best.

Lipitor

This is the list of Statin drugs, it will be trial until you find one that suits you best

List of All Statin Drugs
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9 December 2012, 22:29.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Was it this one you was told about? This is the one I am on and have been told it is one of the best.

Lipitor

I really cant remember Pompey, it may have started with a "R" but not 100%.
      Will have to check the one you mentioned out, are there many side affects to that one do you know please Pompey?

Cheers hun x

Comment

All the side effects are on the page Di, if you go to the list of statins I just added that will give you the side effects for each.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Okay as many of you know I was prescribed Simvastatins at 40mg at almost a month ago.

I have a check up tomorrow about other stuff (women stuff) lol, but am going to bring up about some concerns of mine.

I recall one some saying about cramps, but cannot remember who.
          In the last week I have noticed painful legs (back of my legs), does this side effect ring the bell?
          It's more like a nagging dull ache? (I stopped taking them tonight) cos the ache is doing my head in.

I am very exhausted on them as well and now have a bad habit of just drifting off to sleep.

So I do think this is important to mention.

I was informed of another statin by one or 3 of you and cannot recall the name of it now, but did write it somewhere, but put it too safe, so would also like to see about this with my doc at my appointment.

Thank you folks x
          Could have been me di I know we talk medical a lot!

Rosuvastatin is that what your thinking of? Are you by chance eating a diet of high citrus or bran at the minute? that can have adverse issues with any Statin.

Comment

My dad take these he complained about achy legs but then he has Parkinson's which is one of the symptoms .

Di have you got high colestrol is this why your taking these ?

Comment

Cheers Pompey

Looks like Muscle pain is one of the standard side affects with them all then?

I take it you get on well with these type?

Comment

I have no side effects from taking Simvastatin.
                Dibs

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post

Rosuvastatin is that what your thinking of? Are you by chance eating a diet of high citrus or bran at the minute? that can have adverse issues with any Statin.
                  That sounds like the one Jen.
                  No Jen, but I know that I'm unable to eat grapefruit or drink it.
                  I am on other meds for high bp though. x

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                    My dad take these he complained about achy legs but then he has Parkinson's which is one of the symptoms .

Di have you got high colestrol is this why your taking these ?
                    Yes hun current reading at 6.3, was 6.8 in May, then with the blood fastings in November it came in at 6.3, which was why I was prescribed the statins x

Comment

Yes I am on high dose of 80 mg of LIPITOR and never had any side effects, but we are all different and what does not effect me might effect you.

Like I say it is a case of trial until you find one that works best.

Comment

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
                        I have no side effects from taking Simvastatin.
                        Dibs
                        Hi Dibs

Can I be cheeky and ask on how long you've been taking these please?
                        Cheers x

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          Yes I am on high dose of 80 mg of LIPITOR and never had any side effects, but we are all different and what does not effect me might effect you.

Like I say it is a case of trial until you find one that works best.

It's like having an headache in the back of my legs, my right worse than the left.

Glad these work for you PF, have your levels came down with them? x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Yes hun current reading at 6.3, was 6.8 in May, then with the blood fastings in November it came in at 6.3, which was why I was prescribed the statins x

My dad had two heart attacks and has had a triple bypass so we all had to have our cholesterol checked, mine was 6.1 and my doctor said its fine, my blood pressure was sky high at one point but i lowered it by eating lots of leeks and walking everyday, i went back after 2 weeks and it was perfect, the doctor hasen't checked my cholesterol in years .

I am a firm believer that cholesterol can be lowered with change of diet and exercise .
                            Last edited by Spent2much; 9 December 2012, 22:46.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post

I eat mainly porridge as a a cereal, other foods, rice fish, veg, "chips now only once a week". I can't stand banana's, but do enjoy other fruit but hardly eaten it since prescibed these x

Comment

Working...
                              X