GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Simvastatins (40MG) side affects. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simvastatins (40MG) side affects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Simvastatins (40MG) side affects.

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
    Atorvastatin is far more expensive. Thats why they start you on simvastatin
    Yes and I am on 80mg a night so must be costing a few bob

Comment

so long as it works pompey

Comment

I picked up a leaflet in the docs the other day as well, called Stat-Guard. (If you take statins, it says you may need Stat-Guard).

I already take CoQ10 at 100mg once a day, but on this leaflet its added with Zinc and Vitamin E.
        www.stat-guard.co.uk

Not advertising folks lol, but have any of you heard of this actual one before please?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          I picked up a leaflet in the docs the other day as well, called Stat-Guard. (If you take statins, it says you may need Stat-Guard).

I already take CoQ10 at 100mg once a day, but on this leaflet its added with Zinc and Vitamin E.
          www.stat-guard.co.uk

Not advertising folks lol, but have any of you heard of this actual one before please?
          That is all new to me and never crossed my mind however I am often low on energy levels which I have been putting down to the stroke.

Will get some tomorrow and give them a try, got to be better than red bull

was joking about the last bit lol

Comment

What's CoQ10 Di?

Comment

Coenzyme Q10 - What You Need to Know

Comment

Thanks Pompeyfaith. I'd never heard of it before, or if I had, had forgotten it.

Time to look through a few H&B-type websites methinks.

Comment

sorry to sound cynical but that says there is no conclusive evidence to say it helps. I am not sure how much it costs but would it be cheaper just to but the zinc and Vitamin E tablets or maybe a multivitamin ?

Comment

di's 100mg tablets cost just under 20 quid for a month's supply on the H&B site.

I suppose the cost depends on how much a daily dose you think you may need.

di, would you mind telling us how you found out about this?

Red Bull gave me quite a few things but definitely not wings!

Comment

Hi folks

So sorry for the delay in responding, an hectic evening lol.

I picked up the leaflet about these actual ones from my doctor's surgery, where they do all the health leaflets. Stat-guard.

I do already take Co Q10 vitality supplements and get mine from Boots the Chemist, will post the link here below. They do them in various strengths. I take one a day at 100mg.
                      But I am going to check for any difference in the 2, from the ones I take to the ones shown as posted above.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...y=14#container
                      Last edited by di30; 12 December 2012, 22:42.

Comment

Forgot to mention the other day.
                        I asked my gp about tonic water and she told me no, this is because of my kidneys though, no other reason, such a shame :-(

Comment

Grrrrr fed up of hearing myself complaining, but my damn legs are at it again
                          There's me moaning and with all the tragedies of late, the shooting etc.......shame on me!!!

Comment

If your sure it's since you started the statins, I would be back to the quacks.

I stopped mine again some time ago. Still getting problems.

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                              If your sure it's since you started the statins, I would be back to the quacks.

I stopped mine again some time ago. Still getting problems.
                              Cheers Vint, I never suffered with this pain before taking the statins, so I will be contacting the doc today, it's unbearable now x

Comment

My own doc dealing with me wasnt available, but they told me to ring tomorrow to check for any cancellations and to stop taking them at present.

Comment

Working...
                                X