GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage charges ! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage charges !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage charges !

Morning all...
    Can somebody tell me what charges can be claimed back from your mortgage provider ?

I am going back to 2000-2003 with an old Northern Rock mortage which has charges for Sundries,payment options,deeds despatch fee also insurance premium which is £1500 = to 3 x £500 payments each year for house insurance which had to be taken out with Northern Rock and I don't believe I was given the option to go elsewhere basically you need home insurance so take this ! Surely this is misselling ?

Also I had some whacking charges from Halifax mortgage period 2009-2010 when I nearly lost my house , I still have my mortgage with Halifax and back on track for over a year but don't see why I should have been charged so much arrears , letter costs etc..
    Any Advice ?

Re: Mortgage charges !

On the Northern Rock one are you talking about the charges when you took out the mortgage or did you get into difficulties with them?? Also back in early 2000's I seem to remember that with some Northern Rock mortgages the insurance was a condition of the loan.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
      On the Northern Rock one are you talking about the charges when you took out the mortgage or did you get into difficulties with them?? Also back in early 2000's I seem to remember that with some Northern Rock mortgages the insurance was a condition of the loan.
      Charges during the mortgage in some cases I paid by debit card and got charged £25 , also arrears interest and sundries £30/£35 ?? no idea what that is , there is also a deeds despatch fee of £80 for a secured loan..as for the insurance we had to have it but surely you should have had the option to select theirs or your own ?
      There was no many arrears on the account as only missed about two payments.

As for the Halifax mortgage this I am sure has big fees ( need to get docs via SAR ) solictors fee,home visit etc..
      As stated I am still with Halifax and although some people may not want to rock the boat Im wanting to play their hand and see what they come back..as a Halifax mortgage payer with two halifax accounts I am putting a lot of money into their organisation each month so would they be willing for me to take it all away by asking for fees back ??

Comment

Be careful what you do with the Halifax the amount you pay to them wont effect how they handle it ( unless your into them for millions!!!).

I'ld give Northern Rock a go , but sounds to me that the fees you are mainly talking about are fairly standard to most mortgage ( arrears interest and despatch fees etc) as for the insurance rightly or wrongly their position will be if you didn't like the deals conditions you shouldn't have gone with it. But who knows !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
          Be careful what you do with the Halifax the amount you pay to them wont effect how they handle it ( unless your into them for millions!!!).

I'ld give Northern Rock a go , but sounds to me that the fees you are mainly talking about are fairly standard to most mortgage ( arrears interest and despatch fees etc) as for the insurance rightly or wrongly their position will be if you didn't like the deals conditions you shouldn't have gone with it. But who knows !!!!

Nice one intend to fire off letters especially to NR at the very least I can escalate to the FOS and it's free...

Yes as for Halifax kid gloves with this I think charges all together will be in the £500-£600 range so lets see what they say especially as I am out of contract and looking for a new mortgage anyway...CHEERS !!

Comment

Hi there

Don't know a great deal on the charges of this matter, but no harm in trying to claim back the ones your able to.

Yes a SAR maybe helpful.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Hi there

Don't know a great deal on the charges of this matter, but no harm in trying to claim back the ones your able to.

Yes a SAR maybe helpful.

Good luck.
              Hey guys thanks to everyone for the positive replys. Great name by the way dizzy di. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jj69 View Post
                Hey guys thanks to everyone for the positive replys. Great name by the way dizzy di. Lol

Ooh thank you and I live to my name .

You are very welcome x

Comment

I would also have a go at the insurance why ? because them saying you have to have it as a condition of having the mortgage sounds like an unfair term to have in a contract as it is very much one sided.

Comment

Defo agree Pompey.
                    That is one definate reclaim and if you need any help with this side of it jj69 myself and Pompey will be very happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      I would also have a go at the insurance why ? because them saying you have to have it as a condition of having the mortgage sounds like an unfair term to have in a contract as it is very much one sided.
                      Yes my mortgage docs say I had to have their insurance not any insurance so it cost me 500 a year which is excessive therefore I had to pay it. Not sure how this works now virgin own NR

Comment

Virgin only own the good part of northern rock and that deal is still under scrutiny , debts, mortgages etc are still owned by the Government.

They effectively split the bank in two.
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 4 January 2012, 21:31.

Comment

A try here may bring results

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/54...31/compdetails

Comment

Northern rock complaints process

http://www.northernrock.co.uk/downloads/ICPNEW.pdf

.pdf reader needed to open

and

http://www.northernrock.co.uk/contact/
                            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 4 January 2012, 21:40.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                              Northern rock complaints process

http://www.northernrock.co.uk/downloads/ICPNEW.pdf

.pdf reader needed to open

and

http://www.northernrock.co.uk/contact/
                              Awesome thanks pompey. Me sees a battle of letters commencing

Comment

Working...
                              X