GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds Credit Card, New Condition - 15.8 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds Credit Card, New Condition - 15.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds Credit Card, New Condition - 15.8

Right folks

i have been helping my in law with some of his Lloyds matters, and today he popped in one of his letters, he is dyslexic so needs help to read them.

This is in regards of Important Information - making a change to credit card and agreement with them (Lloyds).

October 2012

Dear Mr XXXX

Letter Ref NOVXXX

From 1st January 2013 we're changing your credit card agreement with us and adding a new condition to your existing terms and conditions.

It's important we tell you about this change as your credit card account is currently in defaul and there's still a balance owing - although you may have a repayment plan in place with us to reduce this.

We've included the new condition below for you to read.

NEW CONDITION
    If we owe you any money in connection with any transactions, interest, or charges on your account we may use that money to reduce any arrears you owe under this agreement. If we intend to do this we will tell you when we offer to make a payment to you. We will also follow any relevant guidance in the Code of Practice that applies to us, or as required by our regulator to another similar body.

There is no need for you to do anything else, but if you would like more information on this change, you can call us on XXXX XXX XXXX

Yours sincerely
    Head of Lloyds TSB Credit Cards.

What is all this about? I thought they already done that anyway, lol, they did with my hubby's when we fell into difficulties some time ago.

Re: Lloyds Credit Card, New Condition - 15.8

Di

We just had very similar correspondence from MBNA and Halifax in the last month or so.

I just took it as making it plain and clear that if you claimed off them and won something they would use that money to clear your card first.

Perhaps more than we hear of are clogging up their complaints departments demanding PPI came back to them instead of paying down balances??????

Perhaps a regulator has demanded they clear this point up. Maybe they getting loads of complaints too????

Comment

I got the same condition added to mine .

Comment

Arh right, that does make sense. Thank you.

I am not sure what my inlaw can make a reclaim on though, he said he did make a successful reclaim on the ppi some time ago, and they used it all towards the account, and the account is frozen.

So just a formality then perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Arh right, that does make sense. Thank you.

I am not sure what my inlaw can make a reclaim on though, he said he did make a successful reclaim on the ppi some time ago, and they used it all towards the account, and the account is frozen.

So just a formality then perhaps?

I received this new condition as my credit card is unenforceable so i think they are making sure that if i claim any ppi then they can take it straight off the balance, has it happens i never had on this card so a complete waste of paper

Comment

Think its just coming out to everyone if you have claimed or not. If you have PPI or not they not really able to tell who to target so change the T&C's to everyone.

Comment

So it hasn't made that much difference really to what they already do anyway, but I assume then it's now just to make it clear that it will be a "compulsory" as from 2013.

I shall reassure my in law who is a worrier, and tell him there is nothing there for him to be worried about.

Cheers folks.

Comment

Working...
              X