GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pepe's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pepe's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepe's Diary

Heres the background.
    Oct 2008 the excrement hit the ventilation system, which was rather a relief as all I was doing was working hard to get into debt!
    £64K at that point....and working two jobs. Thought plenty was coming in so I could afford the repayments....WRONG! So it was a relief when Mrs P found out and we could do something.
    Initially went to CCCS who were extremely helpful and we set up a DMP.
    After a while, some idiot from '1st credit' kept ringing me to, I thought offer me more money, they weren't............they had bought my up-to-date Citicard Account.
    Thats when I started to read various Forums and began to educate myself.
    Long story short, I closed my dmp so that I could address the 1st Credit problem and after many, many letters and a successful claim via the Financial Ombudsman where 1st Credit had to pay me compo for suggesting that I 'borrow from friends, Family etc to settle the debt' they still remain unable to provide a Copy CCA even now........but they assure me ( in a letter in August after being told where to put their 'reconstituted Copy') that they will expect full settlement immediately on receipt of the CCA.......so I'm shaking in my boots 1
    Whilst I have been paying all my other debts, I now realise that at least 3 of them, totalling £18,000 or so have ( probably) UE CCAs, so this Diary will be my record of trying to get these sorted.

....By the way, I am proud to say that 1st Credit are 'disappointed with my attitude' ;LOL

Re: Pepe's Diary

So, with the debt at £43K ( not including the £7K 1st Credit ), I need to start looking at ways of reducing this figure.
    The CC firms know that their Agreements are wrong when they take people to Court or sell the debts on, so why shouldn't we use a technicality to avoid that?

Niddy, I have already sent you a scan of the CCA that Style Financial ( RBS Universa ) sent me a while ago. Just need to clarify the situation regarding certain wording before I have a go at them
    This CCA is for a debt of only £750, if its properly UE then I can have a go with the same CCA to MINT which is for £8000. MBNAs CCA is even worse than this, it is truly JUST an Application Form!

I am currently paying these, but will stop paying if I decide to push the UE angle. Anyhoo....

The wording on the bottom of the Style Financial CCA ( headed by This is a Credit Agreement blah, blah, blah and then is just the Application Form and Permission to carry out searches) reads

'I accept and Agree to be bound by the Conditions of Use applying to the card as set out separately; and the details about the card as set out overleaf both as may be amended from time to time'

I have signed below this, but this is the only place I have signed....not on T&C, C of U, or on any sheet bearing the Prescribed Terms. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Comment

Todays actions,

1. Sent 'Application Sent' Letter to Universa/Style/RBS.
      They had sent a Copy CCA, which was signed by me, but it doesnt have any of the Prescribed Terms and the T&C are on an entirely separate sheet.

2. Sent 'Application Sent' Letter to Monument.
      The 'CCA' they sent to me is a 'Reply Card' just bearing my name and address and a signature box giving them permission to carry out Credit Refs and issue a Card. It mentions 'I have read and understand the T&Cs but does not contain them or any of the Prescribed Terms in the body of the document. They sent separate, reconstituted, T&Cs with this.

Must email NiD with further 'CCA's, especially Morgan Stanley/Goldfish/Barclaycard as it appears to be a cobbled together job after studying the wonky lines between photocopied sections.

Comment

Hiya

Can you read this and list each account for me:---> viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9&p=6789#p6789

Also stop anything you're currently doing, give us a live list and i'll work through it all - anny CCA's you need me to check should be emailed to the address shown in my siggy - one account per email clearly marked with your username here.....

Right now I cannot advise anything cos i'm at a loss to what you're doing and how many accounts you actually have - in any case I would suggest you cease all repayments right now and sit back - get defaulted and list all the accounts for us on here......
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OK, Niddy, will hold back on those letters and complete the info as you have asked. Try to get it done this weekend.

Comment

Thanks - spend an hour and get up to date and you can then use this forum as a reference tool and we'll get things sorted for you......
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X