GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EmptyPurse Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EmptyPurse Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EmptyPurse Diary

Background Post

I have 3 creditor accounts in default. Last payment made was April 2014 to the original creditors not DCA- which defaulted in Oct / Nov 14

Egg/ Barclaycard / now Hoist from 2002 Balance 6.5k

Natwest OD account opened in 1992 -approx. Balance 3.5k

Natwest Loan 2012 - approx. balance 6.5k

Although DCA are joining the 2 in DCA letters ? .i.e. Balanced owed 10,150 or please pay us £10,147 - letter from NW asks for 6,700k no mention of OD

so 16.5k approx.

I forced defaults as could no longer pay interest and wanted to freeze this and OD and Egg/ Barclaycard just piled on charges when I didn't pay. BC was 5.5k Limit and Natwest OD 3K Limit

NATWEST LOAN
    Account start date 20/08/2012

Last Payment March 2014
    Date of default

10/2014

Default balance
    £ 6,689

NATWEST OVERDRAFT 3K LIMIT
    Account start date 28/08/1992

Date of default
    09/2014

Default balance
    £ 3,458

NATWEST RETAIL with DCA saying account balance owed £10,147 by Letter
    Last edited by EmptyPurse; 20 April 2016, 22:33. Reason: adding NW Figures

Re: EmptyPurse Diary
    • Type of account Egg Credit Card
    • Date commenced 2002
    • Approx balance £6510
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) March / April 2014 will confirm ASAP
    • Not paying not avoiding just ignoring
    • Status Defaulted Oct/ Nov 2014
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Account owner Hoist?

Was Egg,
    Then Barclaycard,
    MKDP,
    MK rapid recoveries,
    Robinson Way,
    Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 ltd,
    Robinson Way 03/2016 - 50%settlement offer letter
    Latest letter- Robinson Way 12/04/16 - The account remains unpaid, is now due to be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co in next 10 days who will consider court action - signed Customer Contact Manager

Comment

Hi and welcome, good luck with your journey someone will be along soon xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

welcome to AAD

Have you ever sent CCA requests for these? and when did you last pay them and to whom?

Comment

Hi, welcome to AAD. Look around some of the other diaries to see how AAD works and what to expect. Never speak on the phone and keep envelopes dating them with delivery date. It is easier to prove unenforceable debts before 2007, but there can still be errors. As mrsd posted, if you haven't sent CCA requests do so now, there is a template here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...mplate-Letters. Post back any replies that you receive for further guidance. We do check credit agreements through Never in Doubt or Niddy, so let us know when you receive them.
          Good luck
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you nanna58, Mrs D and Cymruambyth

My situation is complex I'm afraid. I had lots of other debts which as of last month I have now paid in full. I could not bear have the hassle of another 4 on top of these three.

I rent - but oddly am not on the electoral roll I didn't know this wasn't automatic from CT. I moved and have no landline so only had the odd calls to my work mobile which I ignored. My EX landlord a decent guy answers any calls or the door and keeps my letters for me at my old address no issues there. Yesterday I went round and collected all the letters he has, so spent a while opening them yesterday.

I have not updated my new address or had any contact with my creditors Natwest ( 2 defaults) or Barclaycard ( 1 default) or their collection agent as I am afraid to.

I have not CCA Barclaycard or Natwest Loan or Natwest OD ( not CCA ? reading the posts on this forum for this is it something different?)

Natwest Loan - I had a lot of charges with NW but didn't ever dare try a reclaim in case reset the last payment date as they would of course credit it to themselves - I'm not sure why the DCA treating these two debts as one i.e. amalgamating them in letters to me ? That can't be right - 2 separate defaults so why not treat as 2 debts ? mind you would that be one or two CCJ?

Thank you for support EP

Comment

Not sure if I should sit tight and save up for when I get the CCJ so that I can pay it given my current situation - Not sure if I should request CCA?

Do you think the letter saying passed to Howard Cohen is empty threat at this stage?
              Last edited by EmptyPurse; 20 April 2016, 18:53.

Comment

If I do request Sorry to be PIA should I request CCA from the DCA or Original Creditors - bit confused here? is the template without prejudice? not acknowledging the debt

Comment

You ask whomever is chasing xx

Comment

The template is written to not acknowledge anything.

Comment

Should i sit tight until next round of letters or request CCA now?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                      The template is written to not acknowledge anything.
                      Thank you

Comment

I would CCA now to the company chasing the debt. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Sit tight a while I'll try and get someone for you xx

Comment

Originally posted by EmptyPurse View Post
                            If I do request Sorry to be PIA should I request CCA from the DCA or Original Creditors - bit confused here? is the template without prejudice? not acknowledging the debt
                            Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                            You ask whomever is chasing xx
                            Originally posted by JLC View Post
                            I would CCA now to the company chasing the debt. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
                            If it were me I'd send a CCA Request

Comment

Originally posted by EmptyPurse View Post
                              Not sure if I should sit tight and save up for when I get the CCJ so that I can pay it given my current situation - Not sure if I should request CCA?

Do you think the letter saying passed to Howard Cohen is empty threat at this stage?
                              From what you have said, you are a long way off getting a CCJ. Make sure that that you have sent CCA requests to whoever is chasing the debt. Failure to supply an executed CCA is a defence against enforcement.
                              The letter to Howard Cohen is at present an empty threat, but this could change, so check here when ever you receive letters. The 'AAD' way is a proven system and as yet no one has gained a judgement when they have followed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X