GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Onlyme end of the UE journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onlyme end of the UE journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onlyme end of the UE journey

My unenforceable journey is coming to the end! At last!

I have been to County Court to fight ccjs and high Court to fight HCE Bailiffs and only lost once on an un- regulated loan
    I have been checking through all of my creditors and dca accounts

Most are now statute barred or coming up to being statute barred in the next couple of months

Most of the dca do not know my current address.

I am considering writing to each one that is SB in turn notifying my current address so that they can't sneak in and get a ccj at my old address and informing them that the account is statute barred

What does the team think about me doing this?

Only me again

Re: Onlyme end of the UE journey

Well done on coming to the end of your journey. Tempting but I will let others give their opinion on letter writing.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Excellent ,personly I think I may let "sleeping dogs" but what ever you choose is right for you.well done.
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Season's greetings and very well done!

I'm inclined to agree with Nanna, and just let the sleeping dogs lie.

I understand your worry though, and hopefully another will come along and perhaps give some clarification.

Comment

Hi onlyme,
          I'm so glad for you that your journey is coming to an end, I'm in a similar position

But...if it was me I would leave well alone. Under no circumstances would I contact them. Far too often DCA's will argue against Statute Barred dates, indeed recently Lowells in particular are using the court case Hart v BMW to try and convince people that the SB clock doesn't start until the account is defaulted/terminated. So far they've backed down when challenged, but it really is not worth the hassle.

I intend to let sleeping dogs lie!

Elsa x

Comment

Well done on coming to the end of your UE journey

I agree with the others.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by ohitsonlyme View Post

I am considering writing to each one that is SB in turn notifying my current address so that they can't sneak in and get a ccj at my old address and informing them that the account is statute barred

What does the team think about me doing this?
              I'm in a similar position, and having thought it through, am of the opinion, that if they are going to issue a claim then they will do so, whether they know your address or not.

May be worth just setting up a redirect with the post office if you're really concerned, but as others have said, its probably better to keep your head down.
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

The consensus seems to be to let sleeping dogs lie, both here and other sites and so this is what I will do

I've subscribed to credit reports for a few months now and they seem to let me know about any changes.

I've got recent letters from most dca to my current address so could argue against a potential default if one were to sneak in

Onlyme

Comment

Eek, I hope registering with the CRA's have not alerted them to your new address, because you will likely get a flurry of letters now.

But its been done, so no point stressing about it, just let us know if anything happens.

Comment

Nothing much to worry about there, I registered 18 month ago,
                    Virtually no letters nowadays :-)

Comment

Hi ohitsonlyme. How are things? Everything still quiet?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        Hi ohitsonlyme. How are things? Everything still quiet?
                        Things are good Thanks pixie.

I decided not to contact any body not even to tell them that things are statute barred
                        None of the old creditors or DCA have been in touch
                        Most of the defaults have now dropped of my credit file which is now almost clean!!

I am very busy with my work as a builder, I dont earn the mega money that I used to before the recession as I am not building houses to sell, but my stress levels are low and Ive got lots of time to spend with my 5 yr old daughter
                        All in all its been a relatively easy route to follow and I do value and appreciate the help from this and other forum over the past 8 years

Onlyme again
                        Last edited by Pixie; 22 October 2015, 08:38.

Comment

Thanks for the update ohitsonlyme. Lower stress levels and time with family are far more important than mega money.

Comment

The unenforcable Journey reminds me of a story I once heard about an old man:

"An old man told the young man that during his lifetime he had many troubles, however most of the never came true."

We worry and stress about so many different aspects of our lives and life happens while we are waiting for something to happen.

Enjoy the day and thank you every body involved with this site for your help on my "troubled Journey"

Onlyme Again

Comment

So true OM x
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X