GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smoogys UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoogys UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoogys UE Diary

Hi

New to this so bear with me!!

OK debt with Capital One credit card.
    Default noted on credit file march 2012.
    Debt sold to Capquest around feb/March 2013.
    CCA request sent to Capquest beginning of April and documents eventually received today not within the time stated in CCA request letter.
    Just wondering if they are correct and enforceable and looking for some guidance and help please!!

I was hoping to attach the documents to this post but it keeps saying there is a problem. I will keep trying though!!

Thanks

Re: Smoogys UE Diary

Originally posted by smoogy View Post
    I was hoping to attach the documents to this post but it keeps saying there is a problem. I will keep trying though!!
    Hi Smoogy,

Don't try to attach the documents to your post – email them instead to agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

That will send them straight to Niddy, and only he will be able to see them. Even the mods (including me) and the site team don't have access.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
      Hi Smoogy,

Don't try to attach the documents to your post – email them instead to agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

That will send them straight to Niddy, and only he will be able to see them. Even the mods (including me) and the site team don't have access.

SH
      Thanks!!

I have emailed them as you suggested!

Comment

sadly what they've sent you appears to be enforceable at first glance. They have the signed application plus reconstituted terms.

Not looking good... it's a case of blagging it and hoping to reach statute barred and/or arranging a repayment method.

Are you a homeowner? If not then worse case, they may get a ccj (if you didn't pay anything again). Not the end of the world...

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          sadly what they've sent you appears to be enforceable at first glance. They have the signed application plus reconstituted terms.

Not looking good... it's a case of blagging it and hoping to reach statute barred and/or arranging a repayment method.

Are you a homeowner? If not then worse case, they may get a ccj (if you didn't pay anything again). Not the end of the world...

Oh dear

I think I will try and arrange to pay a small amount each month for the next 6 months and then see if they are a bit more flexible regarding a full and final settlement figure. I had tried to negotiate in the past but they were not willing to budge.
          Thanks for your help

Comment

When was this thing opened? Enforceable Crap One agreements are rare to say the least, and just because they have created a Blue Peter reCON which is enforceable doesn't mean that it will bear any resemblance to the original.

I'd follow a blagging course for now and just see what happens. It is what the snooker players call a 'shot to nothing', as you can always capitulate later if it looks like turning nasty.

SH

Comment

Oh dear

I think I will try and arrange to pay a small amount each month for the next 6 months and then see if they are a bit more flexible regarding a full and final settlement figure. I had tried to negotiate in the past but they were not willing to budge.
              Thanks for your help
              Personally I would stop paying and blag it for as long as you can...they may be more amenable to listening to a F&F offer if they're not getting anything.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                Personally I would stop paying and blag it for as long as you can...they may be more amenable to listening to a F&F offer if they're not getting anything.
                Havent paid anything since November 2011!
                By blag do you mean ignore them???

Comment

Blag means treat it as UE even though YOU know otherwise. We generally know more about UE than the staff and its easy to confuse them at times so yea, we mean play the game a bit and see how hard they push
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                    When was this thing opened? Enforceable Crap One agreements are rare to say the least, and just because they have created a Blue Peter reCON which is enforceable doesn't mean that it will bear any resemblance to the original.

I'd follow a blagging course for now and just see what happens. It is what the snooker players call a 'shot to nothing', as you can always capitulate later if it looks like turning nasty.

SH
                    It was taken out in 1998.

Havent paid anything since Nov 2011.

Its not that I dont want to pay them its just I cant afford what they are asking or offering as a full and final. The amount owed is £9300 approx and they want just under £7k as a full and final, I had offered £2700
                    I am new to this and naive as to what to do and what letters to send so any help appreciated.

Comment

No, not ignore but act as if it's unenforceable...sending letters in response to theirs.

Just post up what you get from them (the rough wording not the actual document) and we can suggest what you can send back.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It was taken out in 1998.

Havent paid anything since Nov 2011.

Its not that I dont want to pay them its just I cant afford what they are asking or offering as a full and final. The amount owed is £9300 approx and they want just under £7k as a full and final, I had offered £2700
                        I am new to this and naive as to what to do and what letters to send so any help appreciated.
                        I know of someone on here who had a F&F offer of £2K accepted on a £10K debt.

When was it you made the offer to them?

Comment

No, not ignore but act as if it's unenforceable...sending letters in response to theirs.

Just post up what you get from them (the rough wording not the actual document) and we can suggest what you can send back.
                          OK worth a try can yo point me in the direction of the correct letter to send please?
                          Thanks

Comment

Blag it for now, if you want to offer a repayment in the future, wait until they pass the debt on, they will be more willing to agree a lower repayment by then.

Comment

I know of someone on here who had a F&F offer of £2K accepted on a £10K debt.

When was it you made the offer to them?
                              The last offer of £2700 was rejected in the middle of March this year. They rejected saying they wanted £6988.96!
                              At that point I sent the CCA request.

Comment

Working...
                              X