GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smoogys UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoogys UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smoogys UE Diary

If and when you're ready I'm confident a c£3k offer would be accepted.

I got a £25k debt settled at £5k. That's still our record

But it's easier to do if you just ignore em for a couple if months and await a dca hassle - then we can toy with the dca before making an offer to settle. No rush to resolve today is there?

Chillax
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by smoogy View Post
      The last offer of £2700 was rejected in the middle of March this year. They rejected saying they wanted £6988.96!
      At that point I sent the CCA request.
      See above post
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        £25K for £5K and £10K for £2K - either way it's 20% of the original debt
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Blag it for now, if you want to offer a repayment in the future, wait until they pass the debt on, they will be more willing to agree a lower repayment by then.
          It has already been sold on, mate. It was sold to Crapquest earlier in the year.

This also raises potential questions concerning the legitimacy of the default and termination process, which is something else Crap One are good at screwing up.

Don't worry about that right now, though, it is just something which may be useful later in keeping this out of court or negotiating a better settlement.

OK worth a try can yo point me in the direction of the correct letter to send please?
          Thanks
          A blagging course usually starts with the Missing Prescribed Terms letter -

CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            If and when you're ready I'm confident a c£3k offer would be accepted.

But it's easier to do if you just ignore em for a couple if months and await a dca hassle - then we can toy with the dca before making an offer to settle. No rush to resolve today is there?

Chillax
            OK! the letter which accompanied the CCA asked me to call them and let them know how I wished to settle the account as the outstanding balance is due now.
            I shall ignore for now and wait and see what they send next. As soon as I have something new I will update my diary!
            Thanks for the help everyone I think a bit of chillaxing would be good for now as I have been stressing about this!!

Comment

Chillaxing is always good...no need to stress now you're here

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                It has already been sold on, mate. It was sold to Crapquest earlier in the year.

This also raises potential questions concerning the legitimacy of the default and termination process, which is something else Crap One are good at screwing up.

Don't worry about that right now, though, it is just something which may be useful later in keeping this out of court or negotiating a better settlement.

A blagging course usually starts with the Missing Prescribed Terms letter -

CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK

SH
                mmm...not sure but I think what they sent did have the terms? Never-in-doubt might be able to clarify??
                In which case can I still send the letter??

Comment

Can I just add I cant believe I have just found this fabulous forum!!
                  Fantastic help and support received so far THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!

Comment

mmm...not sure but I think what they sent did have the terms? Never-in-doubt might be able to clarify??
                    Niddy (Never-In-Doubt) did say that they'd sent reconstituted terms.

I think I'd be doing what Niddy said and ignore them until you get the next letter from them. You haven't paid for 17 months so there's no real rush at the moment is there?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      Niddy (Never-In-Doubt) did say that they'd sent reconstituted terms.

I think I'd be doing what Niddy said and ignore them until you get the next letter from them. You haven't paid for 17 months so there's no real rush at the moment is there?
                      Ok thanks! I will wait and see what happens next.

THANKS!

Comment

It's fine. Remember what I said. Only YOU know it's EN. You're blagging it to THEM as being UE.

Yea send the above letter as directed by Scabhunter when they NEXT write

Comment

I would tend to go with Scabhunter. What was the date of this so called agreement? Crap one, along with all the others tell lies, they may have sent you a "perfect" reconstitution, but is it true?
                          Date please, and wording of the signed document they sent you!

Comment

Yea it's good. Trust me!! The recon contains the PT's that is directly linked to the signed application.

Ignore for now and when you next hear from them, send the letter as outlined by SH.

Comment

Just a quick question.....do you think Cap One would have sold this £9k+ debt if it WAS EN?

Comment

Just a quick question.....do you think Cap One would have sold this £9k+ debt if it WAS EN?
                                Yes, because it is their modus operandi. Why take the time and trouble to take an alleged debt through the courts, at your own expense, and with no guarantee that the debtor won't die/emigrate/become a vagrant even if you win, when you can just rob the taxpayer of the money courtesy of Mr. Bennion's odious legislation?

Have your cake and eat it, let everyone else have the problems. Until a half-sensible Consumer Credit Act is passed, which won't be any time this century, the pillage of the paying public will continue. The demons of Wasteminster are derelict in their duty with each passing day that this legislation endures.

Having said that, I think it is more than likely that the original agreement was entirely unenforceable, and that Crapquest have been creative.

SH

Comment

Working...
                                X