GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smoogys UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoogys UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smoogys UE Diary

Originally posted by smoogy View Post
    Just a quick question.....do you think Cap One would have sold this £9k+ debt if it WAS EN?
    They (and all lenders) sell ALL debts regardless of dispute. It's a tax write-off or business loss isn't it so they don't actually lose anything.

Scenario. A £10k debt gets written off as a business loss. The bank are quits. No loss. They then sell it to a dca to track n trace the debtor and maybe to collect for them. Then the debtor stupidly agrees to a payment plan. The bank are making a profit at each payment received.

Make sense?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      They (and all lenders) sell ALL debts regardless of dispute. It's a tax write-off or business loss isn't it so they don't actually lose anything.

Scenario. A £10k debt gets written off as a business loss. The bank are quits. No loss. They then sell it to a dca to track n trace the debtor and maybe to collect for them. Then the debtor stupidly agrees to a payment plan. The bank are making a profit at each payment received.

Make sense?
      Perfect sense, when laid out like that mate! Some punters don't do too bad from this farce mind. Borrow 10, pay -3?
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Make sense?
        Absolutely! Thanks

Comment

Yea it's good. Trust me!! The recon contains the PT's that is directly linked to the signed application.

Ignore for now and when you next hear from them, send the letter as outlined by SH.
          Actually, I have just re-read this and changed my mind. I think it might be unenforceable after all.

I am reading the very confusing terms (none are relevant to your account at inception but the recon versions would usually suffice) however I am confused as throughout the second set of terms (the ones called v#15) it relates to charges due under section(s) 12, 13 & 14 but those sections relate to foreign currency and other charges (default charges are section 15) on one set but on the other those sections relate to PPI, allocation of payments and additional cardholders and the third set contain no mention of these sections - so which are yours then? One must be, or maybe not!

Confused? Yep - me too. The fact the application is all blacked out doesn't help but hey, that's your prerogative. I would send off the Missing PT's template and see what that generates by way of response because those three sets of terms they've sent don't tally and make the whole thing more confusing, ideally we need clarity as to which they are planning to reply on should they pursue matters so we can study those in detail. Lets see what sending this does --> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK

Good Luck
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Actually, I have just re-read this and changed my mind. I think it might be unenforceable after all.

I am reading the very confusing terms (none are relevant to your account at inception but the recon versions would usually suffice) however I am confused as throughout the second set of terms (the ones called v#15) it relates to charges due under section(s) 12, 13 & 14 but those sections relate to foreign currency and other charges (default charges are section 15) on one set but on the other those sections relate to PPI, allocation of payments and additional cardholders and the third set contain no mention of these sections - so which are yours then? One must be, or maybe not!

Confused? Yep - me too. The fact the application is all blacked out doesn't help but hey, that's your prerogative. I would send off the Missing PT's template and see what that generates by way of response because those three sets of terms they've sent don't tally and make the whole thing more confusing, ideally we need clarity as to which they are planning to reply on should they pursue matters so we can study those in detail. Lets see what sending this does --> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK

Good Luck
            Hi

Fantastic news!!!

I can send you the application not blacked out as it is only 2 pages its not a problem if it will help you??
            I will send the letter you have suggested on Monday recorded delivery and see what happens.
            Let me know if I should email the pages!
            Thanks again for having another look at this!!

Comment

It'll be fine, no need for now. Send it Tuesday (monday is a BH) - you'll be sound

Comment

Just a quick update...

I got a letter this morning from Crapquest saying that they have received my recorded delivery letter on the 7th May and it is currently receiving attention!
                This is a new one I have never received a letter acknowledging receipt before!!
                Will update again as soon as I get something from them.

Thanks

Comment

Hi

Still nothing from CrapQuest.....how long should I wait??? Is there a follow up letter I should be sending because they have not responded fully yet - or just sit tight for now?

Thanks

Comment

No, no. Just wait until they write to you. That is what most of this UE strategy is all about, waiting. What you are trying to achieve in the end is a six year period with no payment or written acknowledgement of the alleged debt.

Oh, wait a minute, you're a sweaty sock. That means it is only five years.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                      No, no. Just wait until they write to you. That is what most of this UE strategy is all about, waiting. What you are trying to achieve in the end is a six year period with no payment or written acknowledgement of the alleged debt.

Oh, wait a minute, you're a sweaty sock. That means it is only five years.

SH
                      Ok thanks for the reply will just wait!
                      Will update again if and when I hear from them.

Comment

sweaty sock???

cheeky limey

you'll be fine, the cheeky limey is in fact correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                          Oh, wait a minute, you're a sweaty sock.
                          you wanna slap

Comment

Hi Niddy

Got a response today have emailed you with a scanned copy!!
                            Just to let you know they sent me a statement of account this time but nothing else - no more terms and conditions or anything just a statement.

Cheers
                            Last edited by smoogy; 7 June 2013, 14:09. Reason: adding info!

Comment

Hi Guys

Just an update - got a lengthy letter back from Crapquest today basically saying that because they have supplied a copy of a signed credit agreement encompassed within the application form then I am legally bound by the terms and conditions that have been supplied. They also say that I believe the agreement supplied is non compliant with the CCA 1974, however they say I would have received a copy of agreement when my card was issued and they believe I would have had every opportunity to raise any issues or concerns I may have had in relation to the agreement then.
                              They have sent copies of statements of the account and they say that they show me maintaining the account - they are satisfied that the documentation provided to me is accurate and legally enforceable and that I have acknowledged the outstanding balance by making offers of repayment to them.
                              They say they are happy to discuss the possibility of a lower settlement but want financial statements etc before doing so and once they have this they will agree a payment plan.
                              They then say that no mistake has been made by them and the account has been passed back to collections and I should call them.
                              They have also said that the Financial Ombudsman cannot handle my complaint as it is regarding enforceability and if I wish to complain I should refer it to the Credit Services Association.

So that is it. Niddy has read through the full reply and has advised to just ignore it and see what they do next. I just wanted to update you all with the latest and look forward to hearing all your comments and advice!!

Thanks!

Comment

you wanna slap
                                Hi Niddy

I got a letter from CrapQuest today can I send you a copy to have a look at please and advise??

Thanks!
                                Smoogy

Comment

Working...
                                X