GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Do They Mean Me? Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do They Mean Me? Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do They Mean Me? Diary

Type of account: Credit Card

Date commenced:1998

Approx balance: £5100

Date last paid: December 2012

Are you on arrangement or not paying: Paying by arrangement.

Account owner: NatWest

Notes:

I am helping a friend in dealing with this and other debts. Her creditors are all now dealing directly with me.

She is currently paying £22 a month by agreement with this creditor.

Earlier this year I made a F&F offer on her behalf of £1300 which was refused but NatWest said they would accept £4100 (80%) in F&F.

She made a CCA request in October which generated a reconstructed agreement. I will scan this and PM it to Niddy as (soon as I figure out how).

A PPI reclaim on this has been refused and is now with the FOS.

My hope is that I can get NatWest to accept a reasonable (as in low) F&F on this.

Help, advice, thoughts, etc. all very welcome.

Re: Do They Mean Me? Diary

The default will drop off this year (it should have already to be fair, as 2006 would mean we're in year 6 hence only a few days left in december...) so why bother F&F settlement? No need is there...?

It won't be enforceable, there's little they can do and best of all there will be no default on the CRA's - so either ignore them, pay £1 forever or settle - that's the three options, I would pick the first (ignorance). But that's just me....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Scan it and email it to Niddy User Guide - Sending your Agreement to Niddy - allaboutFORUMS then wait and see what he says.

They're not likely to accept a low F&F while your friend is still paying. If it's UE there'd be no need to make any settlement offer unless a ccj is looking likely but we can deal with that if the time comes.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wot they said.

Do know the leap of faith stopping payments brings though.

Its the years of society brainwashing us into what is percieved to be the right thing.

There are laws in this country. If Nat Pest have fecked up why should they be allowed to benifit.

Am sure if the little guy hasnt done something correctly we wouldnt be allowed to say oh well actually we meant something else so give me the wonga.

If they hadnt been so crap at the records, but more interested in the bonus then this wouldnt have happened to them at all.

Comment

Scanned the CCA (9 pages) as jpeg but cannot figure out how to send it to Niddy as I use an on-line email program.

Any advice please?

Comment

Originally posted by Do They Mean Me? View Post
            Scanned the CCA (9 pages) as jpeg but cannot figure out how to send it to Niddy as I use an on-line email program.

Any advice please?
            What are you using mate ?
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
              Wot they said.

Do know the leap of faith stopping payments brings though.

Its the years of society brainwashing us into what is percieved to be the right thing.

There are laws in this country. If Nat Pest have fecked up why should they be allowed to benifit.

Am sure if the little guy hasnt done something correctly we wouldnt be allowed to say oh well actually we meant something else so give me the wonga.

If they hadnt been so crap at the records, but more interested in the bonus then this wouldnt have happened to them at all.
              I know exactly what you mean about 'a leap of faith', especially as it is someone else's finances.

Comment

I am using Fastmail - yeah, I know.

Comment

Any advice please?
                  save documents to desktop then attach to email and send to agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

No need to load jpegs to any online application, just go into your hotmail or whatever and attach them.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just been there and done it ourselves.

Funny thing is the DCA's who had bullied their way into making the OH a quivering wreck now aint so chatty at all.

Follow the guys and gals on here and your friends life after the initial flurry of trying to get you back into the place they want you will get better.

If there appears to be a bit of advice which the mods and Niddy dont really push cause they are nice is that post up letters and replies asap.

It gives them time to advise us correctly and not from a place of trying to dig us out of a hole we just dug ourselves.

Banks/DCA's like easy prey. Just learn to run faster have scarier horns and bigger mates.

You will be fine I am sure.

Comment

CCA agreement sent to Niddy - thanks for the help.

Comment

Ken, you are a tonic - do you do one-to-one counseling sessions too?

Comment

Your welcome. I never really thought but if it has helped in anyway then its all good. Just know I owe these guys/gals on here so much for what they have done for me.

We are no where near out of our mess yet but strangely we have control and can now make decisions that are right for us not because some bozo earns a bonus from our distress.

Good luck with your journey.

Comment

CCA agreement sent to Niddy - thanks for the help.
                            I'll check later tonight/tomorrow.... bear with me

Comment

Thanks Niddy - I look forward to your 'judgement'.

Comment

Working...
                              X