GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capquest :( - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capquest :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest :(

I took this loan out in 2006. When I signed there were no terms and conditions present. I claimed PPI in 2006/7 too and I called Abbey and was told that my form had been received and that I have to do nothing else from here. Now many years later Capquest are after me asking me for the whole loan amount and I have been taken to court for this.

Could you please help me.

Re: Capquest

I am somewhat confused as to how a 16 year old would have been able to take out a loan with a high street bank.

Howver, we do need more information. Was the laon amount ever transferred to you, how many payments where/have been made.

If it was taken out in 2006, then it would become statute barred next year - do you know when in 2006 you took out the loan.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

where does it mention a 16 year old
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The OP's age in their public profile is given as 21, making them 16 in 2006 when the loan was taken out.
        Last edited by Pixie; 23 October 2011, 14:22. Reason: typos
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
          The OP's age in their public profile is given as 21, making them 16 in 2006 when the loan was taken out.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
            Ah yes.... but I claim to be 21 all the time.....
            Remember the mantra:
            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Helpers View Post
              I took this loan out in 2006. When I signed there were no terms and conditions present. I claimed PPI in 2006/7 too and I called Abbey and was told that my form had been received and that I have to do nothing else from here. Now many years later Capquest are after me asking me for the whole loan amount and I have been taken to court for this.

Could you please help me.
              Can you please clarify
              • How are are you
              • Did you actually get a refund of PPI
              • Who issued the loan? Abbey or a subsidiary?
              • When was the loan last paid into / what is the status of it
              • What does your credit file show - ie a D or has it vanished
              • Taken to court, "how" exactly?

Please be more specific without being personal, ie tell us more background omitting any personal details.....

Comment

hey sorry i'm 21, its my account but getting the help for my relative. Hope this clears things up on that?

also I just realised that the loan was taken out in october 2005 not 2006.

Some payments were made, I believe that just over a year's worth as ppi was claimed in january 2007.

Comment

, its my account but getting the help for my relative. .
                  Is the acccount in your name, or your relatives name - the answer to this is imperative as it could be a completely different approach to the situation.

Comment

hey sorry i'm 21, its my account but getting the help for my relative. Hope this clears things up on that?

also I just realised that the loan was taken out in october 2005 not 2006.

Some payments were made, I believe that just over a year's worth as ppi was claimed in january 2007.
                    Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Can you please clarify
                    • How are are you
                    • Did you actually get a refund of PPI
                    • Who issued the loan? Abbey or a subsidiary?
                    • When was the loan last paid into / what is the status of it
                    • What does your credit file show - ie a D or has it vanished
                    • Taken to court, "how" exactly?

Please be more specific without being personal, ie tell us more background omitting any personal details.....
                    Still doesn't make sense, please respond to each of the points I asked above ^^^^^^

Comment

hey sorry I was a bit unclear. The whole loan is my relatives. The all-about-debt account is mine.
                      The loan has nothing to do with me. I hope that is clearer?

How are are you - ?
                      Did you actually get a refund of PPI - No he didnt claim a refund, he claimed the actual PPI because he became to ill and Abbey told him they have received the form and that he has to do nothing else.
                      Who issued the loan? Abbey issued it.
                      When was the loan last paid into - October 2006. what is the status of it - defaulted.
                      What does your credit file show - ie a D or has it vanished - It has vanished BUT now Capquest is on the credit file with a default next to it.
                      Taken to court, "how" exactly? - The original lender sold the loan to capquest and capquest are taking him to court to enforce it and take judgement against him with interest and costs.

Originally the loan was a fixed sum loan agreement.

Is that ok? Is there anymore information that is needed?

Comment

hey sorry I was a bit unclear. The whole loan is my relatives. The all-about-debt account is mine.
                        The loan has nothing to do with me. I hope that is clearer?

Much clearer - lol

How are are you - ? I meant how old are you, irrelevant now as it is not yours....

Did you actually get a refund of PPI - No he didnt claim a refund, he claimed the actual PPI because he became to ill and Abbey told him they have received the form and that he has to do nothing else. you mean he claimed it, well as they should have known, PPi only pays out for a set period - not forever! Ergo if this defaulted back in 2006 (ish) then it'll almost be statute barred....

Who issued the loan? Abbey issued it. Thanks! No difference, just wondered

When was the loan last paid into - October 2006. what is the status of it - defaulted. Ok, so was it PPi that last paid into it or was it the last payment made by the account holder? The default should be gone, exactly 6 years from the original date so regardless who owns the debt now, it should vanish exactly 6 years after default so what was the actual default date?

What does your credit file show - ie a D or has it vanished - It has vanished BUT now Capquest is on the credit file with a default next to it. Ok, see above - when a lender sells it (total assignment) then the new owner adds their details but they MUST keep the original default date. If you confirm the default date that shows now, we'll be able to advise better....

Taken to court, "how" exactly? - The original lender sold the loan to capquest and capquest are taking him to court to enforce it and take judgement against him with interest and costs. Ok, so they have made threats - not actually taken anyone to court? HUGE difference so please clarify what has happened, not what they threaten - we see loads of useless threats here

Originally the loan was a fixed sum loan agreement. Ok

Is that ok? Is there anymore information that is needed? See above comments in red...
                        See my comments in red above ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Did you actually get a refund of PPI - No he didnt claim a refund, he claimed the actual PPI because he became to ill and Abbey told him they have received the form and that he has to do nothing else. you mean he claimed it, well as they should have known, PPi only pays out for a set period - not forever! Ergo if this defaulted back in 2006 (ish) then it'll almost be statute barred.... - well it now seems that Abbey didn't actually complete the PPI claim (that is what we are lead to believe) which is why we are being hounded.

Who issued the loan? Abbey issued it. Thanks! No difference, just wondered

When was the loan last paid into - October 2006. what is the status of it - defaulted. Ok, so was it PPi that last paid into it or was it the last payment made by the account holder? The default should be gone, exactly 6 years from the original date so regardless who owns the debt now, it should vanish exactly 6 years after default so what was the actual default date? - The date it says we defaulted is 10/06/2007... but aren't they supposed to send the default notice if you are in arrears for more than 14days? we last actually paid in october then started to claim the PPI in November and then the form was with them by January 2007

What does your credit file show - ie a D or has it vanished - It has vanished BUT now Capquest is on the credit file with a default next to it. Ok, see above - when a lender sells it (total assignment) then the new owner adds their details but they MUST keep the original default date. If you confirm the default date that shows now, we'll be able to advise better.... 10/06/2007

Taken to court, "how" exactly? - The original lender sold the loan to capquest and capquest are taking him to court to enforce it and take judgement against him with interest and costs. Ok, so they have made threats - not actually taken anyone to court? HUGE difference so please clarify what has happened, not what they threaten - we see loads of useless threats here - They have actually taken us to court and we have already been to a couple of hearings.
                          see red reply
                          Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 23 October 2011, 15:58. Reason: tidied up formatting

Comment

They have actually taken us to court and we have already been to a couple of hearings.
                            Please clarify - what happened and what was the outcome? Have they got a CCJ/CO or what?

Comment

They haven't got anything yet. The judge asked us to prove the PPI claim thing and if we want to reply on any part of the 1974 Act to render this unenforceable. Also Capquest hasn't presented a default notice so they have to find that.

Comment

Working...
                              X