GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard VIsa/Mastercard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard VIsa/Mastercard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard VIsa/Mastercard

Hi All

I am wondering if you could help me. I am currently dealing with Barclaycard or should i say Calder Financial and Moorcroft. Re 2 cards that I have with them. I sent them a letter requesting a signed copy of the credit agreement from both cards and never received anything from them. I got a final response in September last year saying saying that they had complied with the requirement set out by OFT.

I then started getting letter from Calder financial and Moorcroft i sent the letter out again saying that as i didn't have a copy of the credit agreement i believed the account to be in dispute.

today i have received a letter from barclaycard stating
    " with regards to OFT we do not hold your account to be in dispute pursant to your request under s78 of the consumer credit act 1974. Our records show we have provided you all the relevant document required by law..."

But they haven't sent me a copy of the signed agreement for either of my cards can you please tell me in this is enforceable as i am getting very upset with the bombardment of letters i am receiving.

Re: Barclaycard VIsa/Mastercard

Originally posted by csl View Post
    Hi All

I am wondering if you could help me. I am currently dealing with Barclaycard or should i say Calder Financial and Moorcroft. Re 2 cards that I have with them. I sent them a letter requesting a signed copy of the credit agreement from both cards and never received anything from them. I got a final response in September last year saying saying that they had complied with the requirement set out by OFT.

I then started getting letter from Calder financial and Moorcroft i sent the letter out again saying that as i didn't have a copy of the credit agreement i believed the account to be in dispute.

" with regards to OFT we do not hold your account to be in dispute pursant to your request under s78 of the consumer credit act 1974. Our records show we have provided you all the relevant document required by law..."

But they haven't sent me a copy of the signed agreement for either of my cards can you please tell me in this is enforceable as i am getting very upset with the bombardment of letters i am receiving.
    Dont worry about a bombardment of letters, they are in default of your s.78 request thus they cannot enforce the debts.

If you want clarity one way or another you may be best to re-issue the CCA Request - can you confirm from the original request, before you resend anything, did they cash your 2 x £1 cheques (one pound per account) and do you have 2 x proof of postage as you'd need to have posted them recorded delivery?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

Do you mind if I ask a question. I always thought simple proof of postage was sufficient for a court of law and receipt was assumed. I know peple often choose to send recorded delivery for their own peace of mind, but I believe if you just send first class and ask or proof of postage that is sufficient for the courts. The difference in cost for those struggling can be significant if they have lots of debts (like me!)

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
        Niddy,

Do you mind if I ask a question. I always thought simple proof of postage was sufficient for a court of law and receipt was assumed. I know peple often choose to send recorded delivery for their own peace of mind, but I believe if you just send first class and ask or proof of postage that is sufficient for the courts. The difference in cost for those struggling can be significant if they have lots of debts (like me!)
        Yea it is accepted mate but for £1.22 or whatever to send certain documents recorded, it must be better than maintaining the minimum payment, right?

Thus for their own peace of mind, and for total legal coverage without dispute, it's best to spend £1.22 and get it orange - you know me and orange mate, its a "thang" I got going on!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have recieved that EXACT same letter.

Again they provided me with nothing. You dont need to worry, just ignore them - I am.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Welcome to the Barclaycard merrygo round csl. Sorry but an unfortunate choice of user name. On this particular carousel as it gets passed around you will probably get letters from a company called Credit Solutions Limited whose logo is "csl".

However what you are experiencing is the standard BC treatment. The letters you have said you have received are standard templated replies and nothing more. Usually they attach some fictitous terms and conditons which do not apply to the year you took out the agreement. As Niddy says you can ignore them. At least you are not I assume getting the threatening phone calls as they have gone on the wane since the Harrison v Link judgement.

Have you not had Mercers on your case? They are the usual first line of BC in house thuggery, Calders second line then out to the likes of Moorcroft. Moorcroft have (according to their correspondence) a division for everything. I think you can equate for example their "Pre Litigation Division" with the pre school potty training group located in the basement toilets. Yes it really is that bad. At the merest sign of anything legal being flung back at them they will usually return the account back to the OC who will then pass it on to the next DCA. Moorcroft will then look for a softer target. Never however tell them anything on the telephone not even confirming your name, everything in writing only.

regards
            Garlok
            Last edited by garlok; 22 June 2011, 19:32.

Comment

I send mine out @ a cost of £1.13 2nd class signed proof postage thats what they charge and it actually gets their the next day on 2nd class mail (for some reason), unless sending to a PO Box address - But thats because they get lots of mail at once resulting them signing for one bag of mail rather than the individuals.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

...today i have received a letter from barclaycard stating
                Please, explain exactly what information was provided to you under your section 78 request by Barlaycard.

Also, when did you make your original application for credit to same?

Comment

I got the cards pre 2004.

I was sent terms and conditions and a copy of their standard credit agreement.

Comment

I got the cards pre 2004.

I was sent terms and conditions and a copy of their standard credit agreement.
                    sounds like Barclaycard (wheres my wanker smilies gone)

Comment

: + toss (no gaps) =

Comment

Hi Guys, My barclaycard card account has been passed for collection to a new CCA, having been returned to OC by 2 other CCA;s before.
                        does anyone have an "up to date" templete letter I can sent pls? thank you

Comment

Originally posted by treblex33 View Post
                          Hi Guys, My barclaycard card account has been passed for collection to a new CCA, having been returned to OC by 2 other CCA;s before.
                          does anyone have an "up to date" templete letter I can sent pls? thank you
                          Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                          Hi
                          if it's first contact just ignore for now see what they send next

Comment

That's brilliant, thank you. i wanted to send this off cos they started to text and phone now, must've got my nr through barclaycard

Comment

Originally posted by treblex33 View Post
                              That's brilliant, thank you. i wanted to send this off cos they started to text and phone now, must've got my nr through barclaycard
                              Harassment by Telephone
                              put this in with the other letter as well

Comment

Working...
                              X