GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Final Notice - Potential LBA? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Notice - Potential LBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Notice - Potential LBA?

Hey guys,

Received a letter from MKRR statng the following:-

As you have no taken up our offer of help, and as a legal requirement, we must now inform you that we are instructing our pre-legal department to review your account for further action.

They may commence litigation against you which could increase the amount payable due to costs incurred in line with your agreement. Should the matter proceed and a court judgement be obtained against you they could take a charge against your property (if you are a homeowner) or have monies deducted directly from your salary (if you are employed).

It is not too late to resolve this matter, please contact us immediately to allow us to help you.
    What do I do?

I sent a CCA request last year to Barclaycard who then provided just T&C's, I then sent the T's&C's template and never heard anything back, Niddy said if thats all they have then it's unenforceable. But what about these muppets?

Thanks TM

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Re: Final Notice - Potential LBA?

I'd be sending a new cca request to MKRR....if it were me
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sent the CCA request.

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
        Received a letter from MKRR statng the following . . .

. . . . I sent a CCA request last year to Barclaycard who then provided just T&C's, I then sent the T's&C's template and never heard anything back, Niddy said if thats all they have then it's unenforceable. But what about these muppets?
        I beat those "muppets" in court yesterday (yay!) based on the judge declaring that the CCA which they sent me was irredeemably unenforceable.

However this doesn't make me complacent about threats from MKDP.

Deepie couldn't be more right about sending a fresh CCA request. This will buy you time but more importantly it'll be the start of a solid paper trail. MKDP are hell bent on issuing proceedings. They stick their fingers in their ears to anything you tell them in not only my personal experience but in the general experience of our members.

Can you add a post to this thread to give us the background to this debt to help us try to try to help you keep one step ahead of MKDP.

Use this format please:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          I beat those "muppets" in court yesterday (yay!) based on the judge declaring that the CCA which they sent me was irredeemably unenforceable.

However this doesn't make me complacent about threats from MKDP.

Deepie couldn't be more right about sending a fresh CCA request. This will buy you time but more importantly it'll be the start of a solid paper trail. MKDP are hell bent on issuing proceedings. They stick their fingers in their ears to anything you tell them in not only my personal experience but in the general experience of our members.

Can you add a post to this thread to give us the background to this debt to help us try to try to help you keep one step ahead of MKDP.

Use this format please:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
          Hey PlanB,

Congrats! Let's hope I can do the same.

• Type of account (credit card/loan) - Credit Card

• Date commenced (ideally before April 2007) - 26/01/2012
          • Approx balance - £1117

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) - Never paid.

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Not Paying, haven't ever made a payment.

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) - Default

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) DCA - MKRR

What more intriguing, is that Barclaycard have defaulted me for the CC, and so have MKDP. So two defaults for the one CC debt.

Hope this helps PlanB

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

Comment

• Type of account (credit card/loan) - Credit Card

• Date commenced (ideally before April 2007) - 26/01/2012
            • Approx balance - £1117

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) - Never paid.

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Not Paying, haven't ever made a payment.

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) - Default

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) DCA - MKRR
            My instant response (without giving your situation any considered thought) is that an account opened in 2012 will not have the same protection from enforcement as an account which was opened prior to April 2007.

This means you need to tread carefully but it doesn't necessarily mean that all is lost. However your options are limited.

Plan B x

Comment

Even more interesting is that MKDP say they have removed the default from my credit file as Barclaycard have not recorded one! Strange things going on.

Comment

Congrats PlanB on your win in court, well done you.
                Tuts x
                My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

I sent a CCA request last year to Barclaycard who then provided just T&C's, I then sent the T's&C's template and never heard anything back, Niddy said if thats all they have then it's unenforceable. But what about these muppets?

Thanks TM
                  I wouldn't have said that if it was from 2012 mate as it can't be UE..... basically you need to reconsider your options as you will be served a claim, and if it's from 2012 and not a typo then you cannot utilise the same protection as the judge cannot deem it unenforceable - you will not get out of this sadly.....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well I've sent a CCA request so let's see what they come back with. Last time Barclaycard only came back with tsandcs so that's not a proper CCA, so surely if MkRR do the same then it's not enforceable because they don't have a copy of the CCA to give me

TibetanMonk
                    On Debt Row

Comment

Well I've sent a CCA request so let's see what they come back with. Last time Barclaycard only came back with tsandcs so that's not a proper CCA, so surely if MkRR do the same then it's not enforceable because they don't have a copy of the CCA to give me
                      No - stop. Listen & rewind.

Is this from 2012? If yes then forget UE - it DOES NOT APPLY!!
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If you do get issued with a claim you may get the option to agree to Mediation where it can be settled without getting a CCJ on record.

However you will only get offered that option (i.e. Mediation) after you've filed a Defence, and at the moment it is too soon to predict what your Defence could be.

If you file a flippant Defence (one with no legal merit) you will be vulnerable to the Claimant asking the court to strike it out before you even get as far as Mediation. In those circumstances you could get a judgement against you.

This is the time to lay a good paper trail in the hope that they slip up somewhere which you can use to your advantage.

You also need to remember that the creditor can remedy a number of breaches prior to the hearing. In my case MKDP came up with the application form (which they claimed was a bona fide CCA) five months after they had issued proceedings. The DJ was happy with that. All he cared about was did or didn't it exist.

I'm afraid I agree with Niddy, I very much doubt this debt will be unenforceable. Sorry.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          I'm afraid I agree with Niddy I very much doubt this debt will be unenforceable. Sorry.
                          There is no legal option to deem it UE - it was repealed with the change from CCA1974 to CCA2006 amended.

UE is simply not an option.

Send 100 CCA's - it will not matter one iota - they will still win in court if it got that far as s.127(3) never existed in respect of your agreement.

Comment

Would seem appropriate to come to some agreement with them regarding a plan of repayment? just a thought as it would seem you are going around in circles and the outcome could cost you a lot more in time & cost? just a thought!
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                            X