GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowell Portfolio I, HBoS, Credit Card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell Portfolio I, HBoS, Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio I, HBoS, Credit Card

Dear All,

I have recently been contacted by Lowell Portfolio I regarding a credit card debt with HBoS.
    I am in a sticky situation having only just started work from a failed business, so I could do without the debts that have the possibility of being deferred until I'm in a better financial position.

I have requested from them a copy of the original agreement, and surprisingly, even though I thought I had applied online, it has my signature on it!

This debt is only £526, of which more than a third I can attribute to charges looking at the statements they have provided me with...

My question is, and this is only to delay payment of the debt, not to avoid it completely, can I look at an enforceability option?

I have attached the Agreement here, and surprisingly, I have not needed to blur any personal information... does this mean that the "4 Corners" rule might apply here? there is no way to determine from the agreement alone who the agreement refers to?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CCA HBoS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	1416570

Any Advice is gratefully received.

Re: Lowell Portfolio I, HBoS, Credit Card

There is no "4 corners" rule????

If you mean are the prescribed terms missing then possibly maybe but it's from 2008 so you cannot really utilise s.127(3) for u enforceability. As its such a low debt why not write in and try and get the debt reduced somewhat and raise a dispute over unfair charges if anything?

Id not mess around over a small debt like this....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks N-I-D,

Unfortunately my meagre salary is going to be eaten up with living and repaying other debts... I have 2 CCJ's that have been secured on the house via directors guarantees in the court. Repaying these that could cost my house are of my priority...

On the slim chance of an enforceability dispute, could I get this delayed?

Comment

I'd call Lowell personally for a debt of this size. Lowell probably paid in the region of £50 - £100 for this given the typical rate for a DCA is 10-20p in the pound.

I'd be second guessing, but having dealt wit Lowell, I expect they would accept circa £300/£350 to settle.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys,

I was really hoping for a breakthrough comment from somebody who knew more than me about how to read the law and the agreements...
          I'll heed your advice, but I doubt i'll be agreeing to any repayments just yet... I am considering using a debt charity to help me manage properly...
          As I said, I'm not looking to avoid the debt (although we all hope it will disappear through a magic loophole), just delay it long enough to have the capital back to pay it off in a F&F.

Thanks again

Comment

Have you thought of trying to sort out your repayments yourself? The debt charities usually charge for administering your account.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaabDriver View Post
              Thanks for the advice guys,

I was really hoping for a breakthrough comment from somebody who knew more than me about how to read the law and the agreements...
              I'll heed your advice, but I doubt i'll be agreeing to any repayments just yet... I am considering using a debt charity to help me manage properly...
              As I said, I'm not looking to avoid the debt (although we all hope it will disappear through a magic loophole), just delay it long enough to have the capital back to pay it off in a F&F.

Thanks again
              There is no get-out sadly, it is post 04/07 hence my first comment told you that you cannot utilise unenforceability and plus, as they have a signature it would be pretty easy for them to reconstitute an agreement from 2008. Based on how much is owed, why not just offer pay £1 per month?

When, out of interest, did you stop paying into this / last pay anything?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X