GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Keynes / MKDP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keynes / MKDP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keynes / MKDP

Hi all,

Been away for a while due to lack of contact from anyone with their threats so have been trying to be as stress free as possible. But wow its changed around here Not sure if i can access my old post but will find out. Hope everyone is well.

*EDIT* Seems i have been linked to my old profile! Some bloody clever people about

Anyway, back to matter in hand, just wondering if anyone had dealt with Keynes or that may be better known as MKDP LLP?

They have bought the rights to an old barclaycard credit card that my wife had. Barclays couldnt provide a proper CCA, only a reconstituted one with nothing to refer to my wife on it. Hence they sold it. A lemon was indeed bought i think.
    Move on a year or so and MKDP sent a few threats but now i have a letter from Keynes Collections headed NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION and refer to MKDP as their client. Bit naughty as its the same address.

So i wrote to them today saying barclays havent fulfilled their CCA request yet and thus its in dispute. Also pointed out they looked like they were trying to be misleading with the letterhead of Keynes etc. We will see what happens and i will update here.

Anyone here had dealings? Forewarned is forearmed and all that. Does this look like a move for court?
    Attached Files

Re: Keynes / MKDP

You've done exactly the right thing with your response to them, I think. That should give them pause. You need to keep well on top of this one. MKDP don't mess about - it's not a threatogram sadly, they do mean it when they say they intend to take people to court. Did you send everything recorded delivery?

Comment

Hi Grassy K

Yes i sent the letter on a signed for today. I wasnt sure whether i should have sent another cca request to them but thought i would hold on and see what they respond with (if at all).

Bummer about them being trigger happy though

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
        Hi Grassy K

Yes i sent the letter on a signed for today. I wasnt sure whether i should have sent another cca request to them but thought i would hold on and see what they respond with (if at all).

Bummer about them being trigger happy though
        Might be an idea to send another CCA request ......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
          Might be an idea to send another CCA request ......
          Will do just that then Deepie. The last time Barclays put the quid against the alledged debt lol. Cheeky little monkeys!

Comment

Will do just that then Deepie. The last time Barclays put the quid against the alledged debt lol. Cheeky little monkeys!
            Yes send a new CCA asap - they will (90%) issue a claim so don't mess around here mate.......

As regards the £1 they put to the debt, keep evidence (as it'll affect SB) and we can argue that if it gets SB (assuming that £1 was never made)......
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Yes send a new CCA asap - they will (90%) issue a claim so don't mess around here mate.......

As regards the £1 they put to the debt, keep evidence (as it'll affect SB) and we can argue that if it gets SB (assuming that £1 was never made)......
              Will do mate. Thats a new cca request sent their way. I just hope they read it lol.. No matter, i will use this thread to keep track of what happens should they get a bit saucy
              I suppose, at the end of the day its christmas time and they need to put out the begging bowl for bonuses for shareholders haha.

Comment

Just to update, had a letter back saying they will look into this and it may mean getting in touch with the original creditor. So i daresay they will just come back with what BarclayCard did.

Begs the question though, how and why are they allowed to harrass and bully people for money when they didnt get the correct documentation in the first place? After all, they bought the debt so the paperwork should have been the first thing to recieve, its not like they are collecting on behalf of BarclayCard.

Whatever peoples views on 'unenforceability' this should surely not be allowed else any of us could go around demanding money from anyone who looked vulnerable!

Comment

Usual practice for MKDP. Don't let it get to you. Keep fighting.

Comment

Just to update, had a letter back saying they will look into this and it may mean getting in touch with the original creditor. So i daresay they will just come back with what BarclayCard did.

Begs the question though, how and why are they allowed to harrass and bully people for money when they didnt get the correct documentation in the first place? After all, they bought the debt so the paperwork should have been the first thing to recieve, its not like they are collecting on behalf of BarclayCard.

Whatever peoples views on 'unenforceability' this should surely not be allowed else any of us could go around demanding money from anyone who looked vulnerable!
                    If you stick with the great people who help on here there will be an outcome to suit your needs somehow, today I got a great result against Mkdp without going to court, an amount I wont even notice per month till im over 140 years old!

Comment

Still think you should have fought them in court, however, your choice. Good result!

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                        Still think you should have fought them in court
                        You haven't seen the terms of the settlement which includes a gagging clause

I Love Crisps has every reason to feel happy right now

Comment

Here's another - just in

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ed-Please-Help
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            I'll probably be their next target. MKDP have two of my ex-Barclaycards

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              I'll probably be their next target. MKDP have two of my ex-Barclaycards
                              Like you're scared

Comment

Working...
                              X