GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceability - next step.. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceability - next step..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unenforceability - next step..

Hi team,
    (Sorry this probably has been asked 1000 times already)
    Does anyone know what happens 6 years after default, and there is still an outstanding balance but no payments being made as the creditor has not supplied a CCA. I keep getting correspondence from DCA's and once I send them an "acc in default with OC" letter - it gets thrown to another DCA.
    Your experiences & opinions are appreciated as always.

Thanks,
    Treblex

Re: Unenforceability - next step..

After 6yrs the entry is removed from your credit file whether paid or not. This is 6yrs from default date though - not 6yrs of non payment.... However just cos it's gone from your credit file doesn't mean the debt has gone, you'd need to blag it and "hide" until the 6ys statute barred clock exprires, which is 6yrs from date of last payment into the account (or acknowledgement which usually means payment) :what
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Guys,
      Just thought to clarify this, cos the way I have subjected this threat could be misleading.

The intention here is not (and has never been) to avoid payment. It is ultimately my fault as a consumer for ending up in this situation. But the creditors are not much of understanding either.
      ___
      For six years I paid through DPM to all creditors and did every shitty & underpaid job I had to, to do that. Not to mention the stress and a few more lines on my forefront. Rightly so it served me right! I paid nearly 80 % of outstanding balances.
      It was at this point that I learned about unenforceability, f&f’s, PPI claims, etc, so suddenly there were more options to handle this.
      However I just wanted to get rid of these balances and with help from relatives I put some money together about 45% of the actual remaining balances and offered f&f’s. After all, what was left to pay, was made up of charges. Twice I offered twice I was refused. So I thought what the hek with being strait & honest, and fired away CCA’s, PPI and Charges claims (of course with help from clever minds like NID’s).
      ___

And here we are now, some of the creditors are actually offering me back 50% to settle, have refunded PPI charges, and are not receiving payments!

Comment

Thanks NID,

Well fair enough, as they’ve already defaulted me, some without even writing to me, I might just do that,
        Or the other option I guess is to negotiate f&f’s.

From the legal prospective, is there anything they can do during this time, if wait for the statue barred period to take effect?

Comment

Hiya

Have they actually sent back CCA's? You really need to read this and provide more info: ---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

But ultimately they cannot take any formal action whilst there is a CCA Request outstanding....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Nid, will submit a diary shortly, just listing the info (it's a few accounts).
            I shall email you the agreements subsequently, for the ones that have supplied one; two creditors sent letters to say that CCA will be sent soon but I never received anything. Anyway, I will list all info shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
              After 6yrs the entry is removed from your credit file whether paid or not. This is 6yrs from default date though - not 6yrs of non payment.... However just cos it's gone from your credit file doesn't mean the debt has gone, you'd need to blag it and "hide" until the 6ys statute barred clock exprires, which is 6yrs from date of last payment into the account (or acknowledgement which usually means payment) :what
              Hiya,
              Just a couple of point here - so ok the debt remains even after 6 years, but as it's no longer on the credit report, other creditors wan't see it will they? (to start re-building the file)

- secondly, does making an f&f offer break (reset the clock) for the statue barred period?

thanks,

Comment

No they will never be seen again after 6yrs - they are gone - finished!!

Comment

Hi Nid, ready for thisone, here is the first acc:

RBS Credit Card - Account Diary
                  account opened Dec-00
                  Approx balance £300 (+ 135 charges) / RBS file - £482
                  current status no payments
                  last payment Jan-09

Sep-03 started DPM
                  Sep-08 f&f offer - refused
                  Oct-08 f&f offer - refused

Jan-09 ceased payments - efectively ending DPM
                  May-09 letter received - from triton payment demand
                  Jun-09 letter sent to Triton credit services - CCA request
                  Jun-09 letter received from triton - CCA request passed to RBS
                  Jun-09 letter sent to Triton credit services - account in dispute
                  Jul-09 RBS letter receive - reply to CCA request with t&c + copy of application form
                  Aug-09 letter received - from triton notice of legal proceedings
                  Sep-09 letter received - from green & co solicitors on behalf of triton
                  Oct-09 letter sent to triton - debt not acknowledged
                  Oct-09 letter sent to RBS - account in dispute noncompliance of CCA request
                  Oct-09 letter sent to RBS data controller - Notice pursuant to s10 act 1998, request to cease data processing
                  Oct-09 letter sent to RMA - debt not acknowledged
                  Oct-09 RBS letter received - elaborating their obligation under s78
                  Nov-09 RBS letter received - claiming to have satisfied CCA request
                  Oct-09 letter received - from RMA informing of debt assigned to them
                  Oct-09 letter received - from RMA
                  Oct-09 letter received - from RMA
                  Nov-09 letter received - from RMA
                  Dec-09 letter sent to RBS - "Account in dispute - formal complaint"

Apr-10 letter received - from wescot, informing of debt assigned to them
                  Apr-10 letter received - from wescot
                  May-10 letter received - from nelson guest & partners, on behalf of wescot
                  May-10 letter received - from wescot
                  Jun-10 letter received - from wescot
                  Jun-10 letter received - from wescot
                  Jul-10 letter received - from credit security ltd
                  Oct-10 letter received - from regal credit
                  Nov-10 letter received - from regal credit
                  Nov-10 letter received - from regal credit - advising legal action

Comment

Originally posted by treblex33
                    Hi Nid, ready for thisone, here is the first acc:

RBS Credit Card - Account Diary - Nov-10 letter received - from regal credit - advising legal action
                    Respond with this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2319#p2319

Comment

p.s the RBS account is unenforceable, so send the legal threat off to the DCA making threats and in the main, keep us updated with this - but do not make any payments into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                        p.s the RBS account is unenforceable
                        thanks for your help NID, have sent off the letter today.
                        I will post here if there are any replays

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X