GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Removed from files - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removed from files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed from files

Six or so weeks after making CCA request, the DCA has informed me that they have removed my account from their files and referred the matter back to the lender - no explanation.
    I can only assume that they just can't get hold of the paper work (which would date back to the 80's) from the lender.

From experience, is it likely that the lender will pursue this further ??
    If so, is the account still in dispute or do i have to go through the CCA request process again?

Thanks

Re: Removed from files

Originally posted by Fraser01 View Post
    Six or so weeks after making CCA request, the DCA has informed me that they have removed my account from their files and referred the matter back to the lender - no explanation.
    I can only assume that they just can't get hold of the paper work (which would date back to the 80's) from the lender.

From experience, is it likely that the lender will pursue this further ??
    If so, is the account still in dispute or do i have to go through the CCA request process again?

Thanks
    The Account is still in dispute...........keep hold of proof of CCA request
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

In too Deep is of course correct. Never underestimate a DCA's in-built instinct to chase people lawfully or not. They are basically single cell organisms. You may not hear anything again (unlikely), but its a good start!
      []Remember. Everytime a Soldier or Policemen loses thier job, everytime a school can't afford a book, everytime a streetlight has to be turned off - a bankers greed, incompetence and ineptitude played a large part. In Financial Services?, in a Bank? Then think on....you are helping this process along....

Comment

You're more likely to be contacted by a different DCA chancing their luck.

No worries though... just update this thread and let us know.

Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for the responses.

Today have received request to negotiate a reduced settlement from Apex Credit Management. Should I respond that the account is in dispute or do I need to send CCA request all over again? Your advices, as ever, would be most welcome.

Thanks

Ps. Not sure date account opened but doubt pre 1985 - I think late 80's early 90's

Comment

sold in dispute it is, welcome to the DCA merry-go-round

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
              sold in dispute it is, welcome to the DCA merry-go-round
              I don't believe it's been sold on as the letter refers to acting on behalf of their client (Lloyd TSB), who are the original creditor

Any advice on how to respond??

Comment

a lot of them aren't sold on, the DCA is just acting on behalf, just change the wording to make sense and put the OC's name in. You still write to the DCA.

Comment

a lot of them aren't sold on, the DCA is just acting on behalf, just change the wording to make sense and put the OC's name in. You still write to the DCA.
                  Thanks

Sorry if this sounds dense, but do I just tell them it's in dispute or do I need to send another CCA ???
                  I'm a liitle confused about this, so Thanks in advance.

Comment

sorry, here is a link

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute

this should explain everything, send it off recorded 2nd class, and keep a copy for your files.

Comment

sorry, here is a link

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute

this should explain everything, send it off recorded 2nd class, and keep a copy for your files.
                      Thanks very much - you're a star

Comment

I don't believe it's been sold on as the letter refers to acting on behalf of their client (Lloyd TSB), who are the original creditor

Any advice on how to respond??
                        Some companies just like using the word "client" because it makes them sound legally savvy when in reality, they don't know their arse from their elbow and their "clients" are just the company they bought the account from.

I've had letters from client's clients' clients in the past.... and they never got paid either!
                        Remember the mantra:
                        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Today have received request to negotiate a reduced settlement from Apex Credit Management. Should I respond that the account is in dispute or do I need to send CCA request all over again? Your advices, as ever, would be most welcome.
                          Always a good sign when they offer a reduced settlement. This normally means that they realise the debt is UE or even Statute Barred. They just chance their arm in the hope they can con folk into paying something because they don't know their rights.

Chances are on something as old as yours the paperwork is long deleted.

Regards, Handy
                          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Hi all

I've had a further letter from Apex after sending the 'in dispute' template letter, which apparently has the info I requested - not!!
                            It contained a screen shot print of transaction made since 1998. However this printout could have belonged to anyone as it was basically a list of amounts and dates - my name or any details were missing. This I think confirms my view that Lloyds TSB can't find any paperwork.

Advice - do I need to respond to this or should I just ignore it, as per what is stated in the template letter?? I'm just concerned that if I do ignore it Apex will start legal proceedings regardless of whether they are technically allowed to or not.

Regards

Comment

Just ignore for now. Keep us updated
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X