GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script This is snudgerchops fault. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is snudgerchops fault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is snudgerchops fault.

Hello everyone,

I was sent here by snudgerchops - I'm his partner, thank's for all the help you've given, in turn he has been helping me, but I still have a few questions. Hope you can help.

I will also start a diary as snudger has already sent one CCA for me.

This is the problem account though.

This was originally an egg credit card account. But we have checked my credit file and it's now owned by BARCLAY CARD CENTRE??? I cannot remember this happening.

Account: Egg Credit Card (Application completed online).
    Date: 07/2007 (I know this might be bad).
    Balance: £3500
    Date last full payment: Sometime in 2007.
    Arrangement: £5 per month.
    Account owner: Fredrickson International Limited.

I am confused because my credit report says this account is SETTLED???????

Totally confused us.

Any thoughts?

Really appreciate it all.

Ta Much

Weebell.

Re: This is snudgerchops fault.

welcome weebell (great names the two of you have)

Egg sold some of their accounts to Barclaycard about 6 months ago, you should have had a notice of assignment. Don't worry though, just send the CCA request to whoever is annoying you now.

Good luck, you'll be fine! and welcome to our wee Scottish community here, we need the support for the rugby etc!

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post

Egg sold some of their accounts to Barclaycard about 6 months ago, you should have had a notice of assignment. Don't worry though, just send the CCA request to whoever is annoying you now.

Good luck, you'll be fine! and welcome to our wee Scottish community here, we need the support for the rugby etc!
      Thank's for the welcome. Weebell is knickname from work and it stuck. lol

I'll get snudger to send the CCA for me, he's going to be doing all my admin like I say it's all his fault, everything is his fault. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        Hello and welcome to AAD!

Unfortunately this doesn't look good in terms of unenforceability.

It's not like me to say this but in this case, if all you're paying is £5/month and they've been happy with this since 2007...

If you defaulted in 2007 it should be off your credit file sometime next year although unfortunately won't be Statute Barred
        Thanks,

Default date was 06/2008

The really odd thing about this is that my credit file says Date Satisfied 06/2008?

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Hi Weebell
          That would probably be when they sold it. Only satisfied as far as bookkeeping is concerned though, sadly.
          Are Freds actually hassling you about this at the moment?
          If they're not, might be best to let sleeping dogs lie..as FP says £5 a month isn't bad if it's enforceable.
          Are there likely to be unfair charges or Payment Protection on this account by which the balance could be reduced?

Shep x
          Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 3 March 2012, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
            Hi Weebell
            That would probably be when they sold it. Only satisfied as far as bookkeeping is concerned though, sadly.
            Are Freds actually hassling you about this at the moment?
            If they're not, might be best to let sleeping dogs lie..as FP says £5 a month isn't bad if it's enforceable.
            Are there likely to be unfair charges or Payment Protection on this account by which the balance could be reduced?

Shep x
            Thank's for the welcome.

It's been with Fredricksons since 01/2010.
            Was Paying £1 per month.
            Now paying £5 per month.

There would be no PPI, possibly unfair charges though.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to say they offered me a settlement figure of £2800 over a year ago. Make any difference at all? Thanks.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Is it worth trying to do anything with the account below?

Originally Bank Of Scotland O/D.
                Balance: £1500
                Default Date: 11/2009
                Account Opened: 05/2000
                Been with BLS Collections for roughly 6 months. Paying £5 per month.
                Not sure how to proceed confused with CCA in relation to this.

Thank's for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by weebell View Post
                  Hi Everyone,

Is it worth trying to do anything with the account below?

Originally Bank Of Scotland O/D.
                  Balance: £1500
                  Default Date: 11/2009
                  Account Opened: 05/2000
                  Been with BLS Collections for roughly 6 months. Paying £5 per month.
                  Not sure how to proceed confused with CCA in relation to this.

Thank's for all the help.
                  ---> Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS

Have a read here ^^^^ I 've been ignoring my OD for 3 yeasrs now
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                    I'm now wondering how often she gets her bell snudged.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      I'm now wondering how often she gets her bell snudged.

LOL. You are a bad bad man.

To answer your question - He's not snudging as often as he would like to, only he know's why.

So, other than a having a good sense of humour are you any good at answering any of my questions above?

Comment

LOL. You are a bad bad man.

To answer your question - He's not snudging as often as he would like to, only he know's why.

So, other than a having a good sense of humour are you any good at answering any of my questions above?
                        You'll soon get used to CC........
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This was originally an egg credit card account. But we have checked my credit file and it's now owned by BARCLAY CARD CENTRE??? I cannot remember this happening.

Account: Egg Credit Card (Application completed online).
                          Date: 07/2007 (I know this might be bad).
                          Balance: £3500
                          Date last full payment: Sometime in 2007.
                          Arrangement: £5 per month.
                          Account owner: Fredrickson International Limited.

I am confused because my credit report says this account is SETTLED???????

Totally confused us.
                          It's been with Fredricksons since 01/2010.
                          Was Paying £1 per month.
                          Now paying £5 per month.
                          Unless your income increased fivefold, why did you agree to pay five times as much as you were originally paying?

It would probably be worthwhile finding out if it can be enforced and, if it cannot, telling Freds to whistle Dixie through any three bodily orifices of their choice if they want payments to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                            You'll soon get used to CC........
                            What?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Unless your income increased fivefold, why did you agree to pay five times as much as you were originally paying?

It would probably be worthwhile finding out if it can be enforced and, if it cannot, telling Freds to whistle Dixie through any three bodily orifices of their choice if they want payments to continue.
                              LOL. Really appreciate your comments but I'm confused now as there are different opinions about whether to do this or not.

Some are saying it's better just to leave it at £5 per month and not upset them.

Confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X