GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script re aviva and fos - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

re aviva and fos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re aviva and fos

2yrs ago i started a claim with shop direct re ppi reclaim,refused Then to FOS agin regected. I put it to the adjudicator refused again in a letter today.
    The expanation is detremental to the ins company
    1. not clear it was explained or wether i gave consent
    2.aviva says advise was not given
    and others. FOS say they found it difficult to reach a decision ,but reach it they have and i am furious.

They enclose a form for me to sign anf send back, accept or reject,
    i do not want to accept this but am unsure of where to go now. I will send the reject part back and i wonder if it is appropriate to enclose a letter detailing my reasons. anyadvise please
    xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: re aviva and fos

I don't know how to deal with this but no doubt someone will but why do FOS come down on the side of the ins company just because they can't reach a decision? They must sit in the office tossing coins - heads they win - tails you lose.

Comment

i agree the amount of time i have waited, honestly if you had read thisletter you would think its damn clear they are wrong think ill go and get the menopausal head on and go and do some shoving of letters

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
        i agree the amount of time i have waited, honestly if you had read thisletter you would think its damn clear they are wrong think ill go and get the menopausal head on and go and do some shoving of letters
        I usually do some shredding - its kind of therapeutic, but then I can't find anything

Comment

Aww Nanna, I am so sorry to hear this.

So was your complaint passed on for a review to another decision maker of the FOS? (The ombudsman himself)?

If not then it maybe a good idea to write a letter, about how you don't feel this complaint was dealt with fairly.

Now with Aviva, they are the underwriter "yes"?

I know it can be a difficult one, but the underwriter still has liabilities of when their intermediaries sell the insurance, and they have the duty to check applications to make sure the customer is eligible for the policy.

For example, I have just succeeded in writing to the underwriter about one of mine, Ok it wasn't for a huge amount, but it was the principal of it.

Check my link below of the information I found on researching of a underwriters responsibilities, maybe it will help to put something together for you in order to write back to the FOS, and explain that you feel the case may have been overlooked etc.......

Post number one.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=7698

Bless you too nanna xxxxx
          Last edited by di30; 15 November 2012, 11:50.

Comment

many thanks Di and yes this is a letter from the ombudsman ,aviva are the underwriters.Off to have a readxxxxxxx

Comment

DI can i write to Avia as the underwriters even tho this has been rejected by the ombudsman? Shop Direct were the original. i do wish you could read this letter
              the ombudsman seems very unsure which way to go , perhaps fresh eyes would see somthing i cant thank you sugar xxxx

Comment

Arh right nanna, Shop Direct is one of those who settled mine as well, I dealt with them directly.

Maybe leave the rejection for now, and we can try cooking up something first how long have the FOS give you to accept or reject?

Xxx

Comment

must be back by 13 Dec xx

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                    must be back by 13 Dec xx
                    Thank you nanna.
                    I'm going to have a word with someone about this, who maybe able to help in your case, I will see what he thinks and go from there and well in time before you send your rejection off to them. xx

Comment

how lovely of you DI thank you xxx off to work now speak later

Comment

Hi Folks

This is very familiar to me.

In fact I have just beaten Aviva with the FOS 'finally' being good boys and helping out.

I initially made a PPI complaint against Littlewoods/Shop Direct back in 2010, which was swiftly rejected. I then complained to FOS. I was advised that the Insurers being used by Littlewoods/Shop Direct were Aviva.

Aviva wrote back in 2011 alleging that AGI Insurance was the underwriter. FOS next asked me to complete a PPI Questionnaire again and send to Chartis Insurance.

Chartis insurance rang and spoke to me on 24/1/11. They suggested that Shop Direct would be responsible for the claim and not Chartis.

So to cut a long story short FOS had me complaining to Chartis, Aviva and Shop Direct.

3 prolonged complaints.In the end the FOS decided that it all came under the remit of Aviva. Then the adjudicator jerked me about by concluding that it was NOT PPI anyway. I was not accepting that baloney and wrote off in disgust to FOS.

Anyway - last June the FOS 'Review adjudicator' wrote back saying that it WAS PPI and backed me, with typical apologies for the stupidity of his ill-trained pal. I gave them a lot of stick for the error by the adjudicator and in August last they gave me 200 quid in compensation to shut me up.

Since then the ombudsman has given his final decision saying that Aviva has to pay up with interest...If Aviva fail to pay up within a month I shall be making fresh complaints to FOS...

I wonder if you have suffered from the same stupid adjudicator who screwed with me?

I am not sure 'why' they are messing you about herein but happy to share my experience if it helps?

Good luck
                        Last edited by Batman; 16 November 2012, 09:34.

Comment

Untrained monkeys spring to mind hence to appalling service. They listen to rubbish from the finance industy too much and probably go for the easy way out on the more complicated stuff.

If FOS made the fine/cost to the industry for each referral a biggie plus some if the complaint is upheld then they wouldnt be trying it on.

I have a case I am researching where a well known bank had told the adjudicator xy and z. The adjudicater believed it without checking and dismissed the complaint.

However the bank had told the adjudicator the complete opposite of what the FSA guidelines were saying. The ruling was overturned but how can they get such simple stuff wrong.

Comment

Thank you for your input in regards of nanna's issues with the FOS.

Comment

Secret with FOS I find is to keep sticking it to them with pure logic, as they make silly mistakes and at times change their minds...

Comment

Working...
                              X