GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI reclaim

Has anyone had any joy reclaiming back from Creations finance? My mum purchsed £2300 of goods on hire purchase. She paid it off within the year to get the 0% finance. But they had added insurance it cost just under £1000!!!! daylight robbery!! no one assessed her needs she did not need the insurance!!

I need to get this back for her!!
    and loads of other PPI

Re: PPI reclaim

Originally posted by Hells Bells View Post
    Has anyone had any joy reclaiming back from Creations finance? My mum purchsed £2300 of goods on hire purchase. She paid it off within the year to get the 0% finance. But they had added insurance it cost just under £1000!!!! daylight robbery!! no one assessed her needs she did not need the insurance!!

I need to get this back for her!! and loads of other PPI
    You first need reason and the main thing is, why did she apply if she did not need it? i.e. did she have any exclusions that would have voided it or was she already covered with a similar policy elsewhere, or even unemployed...?

The first question is why does she feel she is entitled to reclaim?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

There are many reasons for being mis sold, so if any of them does apply to your mum, then she has the right to reclaim back all of the PPI.

So basically, whoever set up and arranged the finance are the ones responsible and who you pursue for the mis selling.

Some examples of mis selling:

Pre med conditions, when it was sold.
      Already had cover in place.
      Pressurised into taking out the cover (being told no loan if no ppi)
      If it was one of those costly single policies, added within the finance, for example, a 15 year loan, but the ppi only applied for 5 years, you would still be paying for the ppi for the life of the loan, yet no protected for the remaining 10 years.

The list is endless......

First of all, it is handy to have some paperwork, if there is none, you can request for a Subject Access Request (SAR), where the business have up to 40 calendar days to comply, you enclose the payment of £10 cheque or postal order.

If you do already have details of the loan, you can continue to make a reclaim on the ppi, by using either a template letter, tweak and delete to the requirements of your mum's.
      This is here........
      http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...483#post210483

Or a reclaiming complaint questionnaire, issued by the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), this one is the reclaim of ppi questionnaire not to get confused with the actual FOS complaints form though, and you keep a copy in case you do need to refer back to it at some point, or even complain to the FOS to enclose with the main complaint form later on.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...laint_form.doc

It is always best to post your letters by signed for recorded delivery, so you have proof of the posting.

Ask for further help if required, and good luck.

Comment

Thank you for your responses. Loving this site already!
        I think i have done things a bit back to front. I have sent the questionaires to the banks already then if they knock me back I am going to SAR them.
        With Creations I feel that my mum was missold as she did not even know she had it. the application was completed by a sales staff member in Laser she must have just signed. should these sales staff not have been regulated to be selling this product? how did Creations regulate these sales? I put in the questionaire that it had been added without any discussion with my mother, that features benefits and exclusions had not been covered, and that the premium is too expensive for what it is covering, and that my mum had provisions in place that would have covered the commitment and no one assessed her needs. Do u think this is a visable argument?

Comment

Would Astma be classed as a preexisting illness?

Comment

Thank you for your responses. Loving this site already!
            I think i have done things a bit back to front. I have sent the questionaires to the banks already then if they knock me back I am going to SAR them.
            With Creations I feel that my mum was missold as she did not even know she had it. the application was completed by a sales staff member in Laser she must have just signed. should these sales staff not have been regulated to be selling this product? how did Creations regulate these sales? I put in the questionaire that it had been added without any discussion with my mother, that features benefits and exclusions had not been covered, and that the premium is too expensive for what it is covering, and that my mum had provisions in place that would have covered the commitment and no one assessed her needs. Do u think this is a visable argument?

You are very welcome.

It seems there are good reasons here, and with a bit of luck they will resolve matters soon then, please keep us posted, and any probs we can take it from there.

In regards of regulation, it depends on the year(s) they were taken out, as from 14 Jan 2005 the Financial service Association (FSA) taken over GISC (General Insurance Standards Council), not all businesses opted for GISC, it was not then compulsory until the FSA came into affect as from the above date.

Comment

I put in the questionaire that it had been added without any discussion with my mother, that features benefits and exclusions had not been covered, and that the premium is too expensive for what it is covering, and that my mum had provisions in place that would have covered the commitment and no one assessed her needs. Do u think this is a visable argument?
              Those are reasons enough to have it all refunded, you'll be fine..... as you've started the process already you're best waiting for a formal response now....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Would Astma be classed as a preexisting illness?

Yes like myself, I have this, and if this was pre existing at the time, and if your mum was to try making a claim on this condition, then it would have failed, they would not have paid out. So yes it is.

Comment

I put on the questionaire that she did not have a preexisting condition. I must write to them to correct this I did not think astma would be included. My mum is on two inhalers that are used everyday for the last 30 years!!

Have either of u claimed back ppiu from applications made online? Can u have a case if u selected it?

Comment

I just cant believe the amount of ppi my mum was flogged!! it make me feel sad, she was a single parent with kids and the banks totally ripped her off over the years!! :-(

Comment

I put on the questionaire that she did not have a preexisting condition. I must write to them to correct this
                      No - don't write back yet! See what Di says but I would now wait and see what they come back with, as you've went about it backwards, it's best to now see what occurs.....

As I say, I'll leave this for Di but just thought I'd say do not write in again yet! Sit tight, no rush....

Comment

Have either of u claimed back ppiu from applications made online? Can u have a case if u selected it?
                        Ahhh if you applied online they may try and get clever, but don't worry - we're pretty good at this, as I say see what they send back....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          No - don't write back yet! See what Di says but I would now wait and see what they come back with, as you've went about it backwards, it's best to now see what occurs.....

As I say, I'll leave this for Di but just thought I'd say do not write in again yet! Sit tight, no rush....
                          Hi

I agree with Niddy

Wait to see what comes back, we can always push further if we have to later on.

Comment

Online sales can be difficult to prove on the mis selling, but you can still succeed.

For example:
                            An online application, may not allow you to proceed to the next question if you did not agree to PPI.
                            Or; it may be that you had to opt out, and didnt realise that you did not have to take it out.

Or; it may have been the case of unticking ppi, and a phone call arrived later, so it was added later on. A SAR may help in this case.

Comment

One last question lol
                              Have you been able to reclaim most of your PPI?

Comment

Working...
                              X