GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unpaid CCJ against a creditor who I owe, hold to ransom? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unpaid CCJ against a creditor who I owe, hold to ransom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid CCJ against a creditor who I owe, hold to ransom?

Sorry if this is posted out of place.
    In simple terms I got a CCJ against Egg in August for about £380 of charges, they unsurprisingly totally ignored it and I don't really have the spare cash to get the bailiffs etc in.
    Now in return I have a balance of £1000 on my Eggcard.
    Would it be reasonable to tell them to shove it until they pay the ccj?, I realise id probably be defaulted but I cant really afford the £40 a month at the moment and a default doesnt bother me as ive had 4 in the last few months, I guess id be willing to take the gamble.
    Maybe a letter along the lines of "Pay me the money you owe me or I will not repay the card balance"
    Would this unpaid CCJ be a good enough defence if it did go to court?, considering they owe me 40% of what I owe them.
    Its not the paying the debt that I am disputing its the way they seem to think they can treat you like scum yet when the shoes on the other foot they just point blank ignore you.

:confusing

Re: Unpaid CCJ against a creditor who I owe, hold to ransom?

Hi matey

You're nuts. I still can't believe you were awarded a default judgment againt the institution that is Citi. It still makes me laugh lol.

Anyway, it certainly wouldn't harm any defence should they try and enforce the debt.... As for your idea, i think its mad - you may as well just not pay em and send default letters with a £12 charge each month til it clears the debt!! Muppets aint they!

I'd not waste money on bailiffs - imagine that, a bailiff turning up at their head office with a notice of seizure ;;L

It does though, prove just how easy it is (and how irrelevant) the consumer credit process is.... I doubt this ccj would affect their S&P rating
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I know I couldn't believe they didn't even respond, pretty shamefull.
      Well I did it to the proper Canary Wharf address and everything, maybe they were too busy with the Citicard sale(which I did have 1 of).
      I agree though, I bet those buidings are like Fort Knox.
      Is that a serious line about sending them a £12 letter every month?, I just figure im in a position of strength where I can withold that ccj amount regardless.

Comment

If you give them legal notice (30 days notice), yes you can charge reasonable and fair processing costs plus retreival costs so i'd write and charge them £12 default charge each month after giving 30 days notice for non payment and warn them you'll assign the account to a dca to collect and recharge all fee's incurred.

You can then charge them £35 for that default letter lol. But don't take it too seriously, its more a piss take. Remember they can apply for set-aside. A ccj aint worth the paper it's written on when dealing with bulk applications via northampton.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Love this story !!

Employ the same DCA hat Egg use to retrieve the funds !! That would be comical lol
          I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Comment

How odd, just checked my experian and this account has totally done 1 somewhere.
              Typically the 2 credit accounts I have both dont show on my credit report.

Comment

Remember only certain lenders report to certain CRA's - maybe your file was wiped for fear of retribution through the courts? Haha - basically, don't worry if its gone - if your credit file is now empty then get applying for anything you need to apply for lol.

Comment

Nah theres plenty of nasties on there just not the egg and HSBC business accounts which are both active and good.
                  Maybe they are scared of me .

Comment

Business accounts don't always show on your credit file....

Don't worry too much about it!

Comment

I guess 2 healthy looking accounts mean very little sat next to four defaulted ones.

Comment

this is true lol, sorry but it's one way of looking at it. Anyway, once the defaults drop off it would then look damn good cos you'd have at least 6yrs of good history!

Comment

Working...
                        X