GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Builder with no work, trouble brewing soon - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builder with no work, trouble brewing soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builder with no work, trouble brewing soon

I have been self employed for 12 months, due to losing my full time job i was with for 20 years. i have 2 credit cards which total £500 per month and also an agrrement with 2 DCA's from when i was made redundant totalling £30 per month.

Work has gone none existent for the past 6 weeks (Builder) and i have struggled to get through xmas as it is, with only the next payments on my cards and other dents to look forward to.

i have now printed the standard CCA agreement letter to the 2 DCA's ready to go, but is there anything i can do to stop the payments on the 2 credit cards until work comes back in ?

I also have my tax return to file for last year with nothing saved for this either. what a good start to 2012

any help please

just an update i have already reopened another bank account which certain people have instructed me to do

Re: Builder with no work, trouble brewing soon

Hiya

Send a cca for ALL accounts. Why do you want to keep 2 cards at £500 pm?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Why do you want to keep 2 cards at £500 pm?
      To give him something to use when spreading contact adhesive?

Comment

Ditto what the others have said, don't pay the cards you need to put that money aside for your tax bill.
        Are your accounts made up to end of March? If so you need to get this years done as soon as you can so that the assessment going forwards reduces to take into account the lack of work. Tax man may be nice to you if you can pay part of the tax and let you pay as much as you can when you get it, main thing is to talk to them and let them know the situation.
        Now Christmas is over work could start to pick up a bit, hopefully that will let you keep on top of the priority bills. hope it works out for you.
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

The 2 cards are with RBS, 1 is RBS mastercard, the other is mint which I am not sure I think is RBS as well.
          We have a current account with RBS and also a current account with Natwest. I have just opened a basic account with the Co-op as well.
          If I transfer from RBS to Natwest can they still take money from there to offset against them ? I think Natwest is something to do with RBS as well or can they only take from the RBS account.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr001 View Post
            The 2 cards are with RBS, 1 is RBS mastercard, the other is mint which I am not sure I think is RBS as well.
            We have a current account with RBS and also a current account with Natwest. I have just opened a basic account with the Co-op as well.
            If I transfer from RBS to Natwest can they still take money from there to offset against them ? I think Natwest is something to do with RBS as well or can they only take from the RBS account.
            RBS... Natwest & Mint all the same bank
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

the other is mint which I am not sure I think is RBS as well.
              Yes that is an rbs card:
              http://www.mint.co.uk/global_options...BS_GROUP_INDEX

Comment

I would move everything to the Co-op and disassociate with the RBS GROUP

Comment

also an agrrement with 2 DCA's from when i was made redundant totalling £30 per month.
                  Hi

What are these debts for ? If they are for old loan or credit cards these may be UE. If you are seriously thinking about the UE route you may well as include these as well.

When were all the debts taken out as this affects UE.

Perhaps start a diary ?

Good luck, you have come to the right place for help.

MK
                  One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                  Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                    Tax man may be nice to you

Comment

Only people the tax man is nice too is the people at the top of large corporations.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        Only people the tax man is nice too is the people at the top of large corporations.
                        And only after having been taken out for dinner and/or offered jobs after retirement.

Comment

letter back from one of the DCA's today, looking into CCA request, account put on hold.

The 2 credit cards were taken out roughly around 2000, the personal loan with the same bank about 2008

Comment

Hello all,
                            just a quick update.
                            i have checked my credit report which i had done 07/09. i have noticed the following from then.

1. My RBS personal loan was started 02/07 for 60 months ( so i think the last payment is due next month) happy days. i am sure that the loan was for £9000, but when you multiply my monthly payment £238x60 it works out over £14k. I know that interest is added but shall i go down the route of reclaiming all the PPI on it ?

2. the 2 credit cards that are not through the DCA's, the RBS mastercard was started 07/99.

The mint credit card was started 05/98. These have both been paid upto date will only some late payments and charges etc on them.

The DCA ones, Moorcroft were assigned the Egg one years ago and have been paid £5 month forever (i sent them a CCA request last week. no reply) £800 remaining. I think this was taken out pre 2000, but there was nothing at all (no mention of this debt)on my credit file from 2009 ?

Apex were assigned my barclaycard one middle of last year, have been paid upto this month (Sent them a CCA request, and have had a reply saying account put on hold, awaiting paperwork from Barclays) This was taken out originally 07/2000. balance £3500

my problem is this, my new coop account still not set up yet, awaiting cards and stuff, and the RBS loan is finished next month anyway.
                            I dont have the cash to pay the 2 RBS cards, can I just stall them for another month or so until the new account is open and the loan is finished, or are they likely to straight away offset from my RBS account to the credit cards. Will they offset if I CCA them now ?,

I have also paid PPI on all the cards and loan since the start, i reckon there must be over £10k in PPI altogether.
                            As soon as I understand how I am going to tackle all this I will open a diary for it all

Comment

1. My RBS personal loan was started 02/07 for 60 months ( so i think the last payment is due next month) happy days. i am sure that the loan was for £9000, but when you multiply my monthly payment £238x60 it works out over £14k. I know that interest is added but shall i go down the route of reclaiming all the PPI on it ?
                              Only do that if you don't believe that RBS should unfairly profit from you.

Comment

Working...
                              X