GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays Masterloan re-appearing om my credit file after 7+ years - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays Masterloan re-appearing om my credit file after 7+ years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays Masterloan re-appearing om my credit file after 7+ years

Hi, apologies if this isn't posted in the correct forum, but I'd be grateful for whatever help/advice you can give me, please.

Please also see attached screen print from latest Equifax file.
    Here's the story:

(1) Barclays Masterloan taken out in 1998.

(2) I had financial trouble in 2000, and paid reduced payments via a Debt Management Company until 2007, then I started to pay token payments of £5.00 per month from 2007 until 2011.

(3) In 2011, Barclays offered me a chance of making a F&F, and as they only wanted 25% of the outstanding balance to settle, I was able to accept - end of matter!!!

(4) I never looked at any of my credit files until 2007 but when I did I noticed that there was no entry for Masterloan. So either it's Defaulted and dropped off before 2007, or it's never been reported at all!!

(5) In August a new entry appeared on my credit file for this Masterloan (please see below). It shows the start date in 1998, what the monthly payments were, and the outstanding balance of £8k+, which is the amount that was supposed to be written off when I made the F&F in 2011. The credit file as you'll see has entries for July and August, showing both payments are 'up to date'. However I haven't made any payments since the F&F in 2011 and no payments have been requested by Masterloan.

(6) This new entry appeared on Call Credit and Experian and Equifax.
    Equifax contacted Barclays, and got a message back (so they say) asking me to telephone Barclays (which I've no intention of doing)
    Experian also contacted Barclays, and once 28 days had gone by without a reply from Barclays, Experian have automatically suppressed the entry - until Barclays get back to them.
    I haven't contacted Call Credit as yet.

What's my options here to get this entry removed from my Credit Files?
    Could this just be a simple error from Barclays or possible something 'underhand'?

Last edited by florish; 29 September 2015, 17:11.

Re: Barclays Masterloan re-appearing om my credit file after 7+ years

This is happening a lot with Barclays. You need to complain to Barclays first.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy I will do that.

Comment

Just remind them that as you've already been defaulted and that that entry is expired / exhausted now, so they cannot add another entry - especially when the reported data is factually incorrect and that if they don't remove the entry in its entirety (from all 3 CRA's) that you'll consider seeking legal advice for the damage caused to your reputation and ability to obtain better credit deals as per Grace v Blackhorse (link for reference -> http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/1458.html)

If you get stuck give me a shout
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'll let you know how I get on Niddy.
          I (against by best judgement) did telephone Barclays this morning -see point 6 in my o/p : Equifax contacted Barclays, and got a message back (so they say) asking me to telephone Barclays (which I've no intention of doing)

I contacted the Manchester Office that Equifax had given me the details for, and the guy I spoke with was annoyed with Equifax, as he stated Equifax had been told for around a year that Manchester was the wrong office for my type of query, and it should go to the Leicester Office.
          My point is, that I don't believe that Equifax ever did contact Barclays, and they just told me to do it, pretending that was the message from Barclays!

Comment

Fingers Crossed - problem solved hopefully

Barclays informed me by telephone this morning that there has been a problem with their system which has resulted in an old satisfied debt appearing on my credit file, as if it was a new account.
            As mentioned above this old debt has never been on my credit files for at least seven years - until July/August this year.
            They said they are still investigating why this fault has occurred. They confirmed that my debt was satisfied over four years ago.
            They stated that it's not just me affected and they are now in the process of contacting others who have been affected by this fault!
            They stated that the entry should now be off my Experian Credit File (which it is) and will be off my Call Credit and Equifax Files shortly (when updated).
            They stated that a letter with apology and explanation along with a compensation cheque for £100 will be posted today.
            I should probably have asked for more than the £100 they offered, but I'm just glad that it's all apparently sorted.

Comment

Well done. Result

Comment

Great news
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

well done xxx
                  I have sent BC a letter re my Loan showing up again on my Credit file, I hope I get some compo,

thing is if they had checked up when I asked Equifax to remove it, It would of saved them a fortune.
                  I don't think they will look at every single loan file, or contact people who haven't noticed it.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

How did you get on Nightwatch?

I can confirm that I've now received the £100 cheque along with a letter of apology, and the entries are now removed from my credit files.

Just to decide now where to spend the £100

Comment

Well done from me too florish, I love good news on AAD

Best wishes
                      IF
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by florish View Post
                        How did you get on Nightwatch?

I can confirm that I've now received the £100 cheque along with a letter of apology, and the entries are now removed from my credit files.

Just to decide now where to spend the £100
                        They haven't even replied to my letter, so another one will be in the post later giving them a kick up the a%*e, think I may just point out this is the 3rd account with them that I have had to complain about for wrong data being recorded with the CRA's, so if it has to be taken further the other accounts will also be mentioned.

PS; may I ask what address was on your last received letter as I may send it straight there.

Comment

update have just received an email from CRA about a change on my file, when checked the loan has now been removed, i will still send another complaint if I don't get a reply to my letter ( i'm in that type of mood)

12.02pm just received a letter from Barcs, they are looking into my complaint and will reply by the 17th November 2015
                          Last edited by nightwatch; 27 October 2015, 12:03.

Comment

Working...
                          X