GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vanquis yo yo dca's now Clarity - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanquis yo yo dca's now Clarity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanquis yo yo dca's now Clarity

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice.. I had a vanquis card back in May 2008 all was well until October 2009 I had a limit of £1500, always paid on time - until I ran into some personal difficulties financially it therefore then became unaffordable to make any payments and charges kept getting added!

I don't remember receiving a default on the account not to say I didn't get one, I just had so much going on in my life that all this was the least of my worries at the time!

On looking at my credit file Experian I don't understand it as it says

vanquis

settlement date5/6/2009 - account updated to 5/7/2009

below

Arrow global Limited
    Default date
    30/6/2010. Account updated -13/3/2011

my last payment was for £75 and this was 20/October2009

I'm totally confused with some of the dates and don't know if it's nearly statued Barred as I'm in Scotland ,also if the default date if it's correct as it is 8 months after October payment?

What's the best course of action ? I don't want any court judgement against me!

clarity have offered 50% f&f settlement should I take advantage of their offer?

thank you in advance

Joany59

Re: Vanquis yo yo dca's now Clarity

The dates are easy. It used to be owned by Vanquis. They've assigned it to Arrow hence Vanquis settle the account and Arrow take over from where they left off. Default only lasts 6yrs no matter who added it.

It'll be SB'd 5 years from date of last payment or acknowledgement. In your case 21/10/14 so no I'd not accept any deal and I'd certainly not acknowledge them
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply Nid Really appreciate your advice..

I'm happy to sit tight in the mean time.. Although I'm quite apprehensive that they might go for court action before Oct with it nearly being 5 years up

Comment

I've got my fingers crossed for you Jo.
        All the best with it.
        SA
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi welcome to AAD. A lot of DCAs make a last ditch attempt to get money from you hoping that you don't realise the dates or the rules. As Arrow are only making an offer, but not threatening anything I would ignore for now. Any further letters post here and you will get further advice.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thank you SA

Comment

will do thanks cymruambyth

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna59 View Post
                Thank you for the quick reply Nid Really appreciate your advice..

I'm happy to sit tight in the mean time.. Although I'm quite apprehensive that they might go for court action before Oct with it nearly being 5 years up
                Have you had any threats lately?

edit - do as Cym suggests above - you'll be alright. They've got 6 weeks - a cca would knock that back easily so sit tight for now & keep us updated with ANY threats / letters.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy I've not had anymore letters from clarity yet ..only that Notice of intention .. Then a week later the 50% offer with a week to accept .every day I dread coming home from work to check post

I find it strange that vanquis says settled 5/6/2009 ..
                  Arrow bought it at the same time and defaulted me a year later

I phoned my bank and they told me I last paid vanquis from my account was oct 20/10/2009.. Unless Experian has made the mistake

I''m sitting tight as suggested .. And will update you guys if I here anything, thanks again .

Comment

Good so far Joanna59. Just keep your head down.
                    Did they perchance contact you shortly after you checked your credit file on Experian? Sometimes that can bring them out of the woodwork.

Comment

hi Elsa I check my cf quite regularly and had changed address so it's possible

head ad defy keeping down for time being

Comment

Quick question everyone although I'm keeping my head down at moment I've been thinking as it's been too quiet since the last two letters from Clarity.. Would it be silly at this stage to sar Vanquis? I'm kinda worried they might try taking me to court using my old address

Comment

Do you have mail divert from old -> current address?

Id not SAR anyone; Clarity aren't known for issuing claims but regardless it's wise to send a cca. Not a SAR.

Comment

Niddy, did when I first moved ..clarity have been sending mail to address I live in now. I've never acknowledged any letters from them so that's why I thought they might use the other address
                            The vanquis account was opened via Internet originally no signature digital tick if I can remember ..'last payment was Oct 20/09 just wondered what vanquis have on me as dates seem to be wrong in Experian.. That's why I though Sar.. I will just leave it meantime to see if I do hear anything else only got just over a month till SB ..thx again

Comment

Scotcall have. Now started to call me and leave auto voicemails for me to get in touch .. Should I just ignore ??

Comment

Working...
                              X