GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Drydensfairfax harrassement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drydensfairfax harrassement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drydensfairfax harrassement

Hello all,
    Best wishes to all still fighting the good fight.
    Just some advice on an account i am paying on an agreement, its enforceable, an old MBNA credit card account sold to WQescot, and being managed by Drydensfairfax.

I am deeply suspicious of recent actions by them.
    Reason...as follows.

Payment on this account is by regular standing order through my bank.
    Payment is at the beginning of each month,and no payments have ever been missed.
    On March 28th i received a letter saying i have failed to maintain payment in accordance with the agreed arrangement.
    It says the payment was due on 20th March.
    Payment had already been made on March 1st.
    I sent a snot o gram advising them of the error they had made on the same day, March 28th.
    Reply back from them confirming receipt of my snot o gram on April 8th.

Today 2nd May, i received another letter from them dated 29th April, informing me that for the 2nd time i have failed to maintain payment in accordance with the agreed arrangement.
    They say i now have 48 hours from receipt of this letter to contact this office to arrange payment of the outstanding balance due under the terms of the arrangement.
    Payment was made on 1st April.

Latest payment has been made on 1st May.

I am very suspicious of this shower of s***.

Any advice would be much appreciated before i send them a reply.

Thanks as always

Steve ( Stuff the banks )
    Steve

Re: Drydensfairfax harrassement

Hi

TastyJane had a similar problem recently, except that she was getting the letters from J&P (don't know who they are).

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...E-diary/page12 (post# 228 &233)

EDIT: I note that they say that the payment was due on 20th, and you say it was paid on 1st. Are you sure that you are paying in advance of the due date rather than 10/11 days after the due date (and into the next calendar month)? In their reply to your snot-o-gram, did they acknowledge that you were up to date?
    Last edited by Still Waving; 2 May 2014, 18:55.

Comment

Oh you're STB - lol, I wondered why I didn't recognise Happy Days
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Oh you're STB - lol, I wondered why I didn't recognise Happy Days
        Hello Nidds,
        Yes, i changed my name from stuff the banks because i misunderstood the message from mods.
        I cant count, names with14 letters and more, mine only had 13, so i didn't have to change name after all....
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
          Hi

TastyJane had a similar problem recently, except that she was getting the letters from J&P (don't know who they are).

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...E-diary/page12 (post# 228 &233)

EDIT: I note that they say that the payment was due on 20th, and you say it was paid on 1st. Are you sure that you are paying in advance of the due date rather than 10/11 days after the due date (and into the next calendar month)? In their reply to your snot-o-gram, did they acknowledge that you were up to date?
          Hello Wavy,
          Thanks for the link to Tasty Jane's thread...
          I will have to go over history of payments to find out if what you said is actually happening.
          Thanks for the input, i never gave that a thought.
          Will update once i find out...
          Thanks again..
          Steve
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Happy days View Post
            Hello Nidds,
            Yes, i changed my name from stuff the banks because i misunderstood the message from mods.
            I cant count, names with14 letters and more, mine only had 13, so i didn't have to change name after all....
            You are not counting the spaces Steve........count the two, one after 'stuff' and one after 'the' makes 15, that's why you received my PM

EDIT: You could take the spaces out and be stuffthebanks.........
            Last edited by IF; 7 May 2014, 08:28.
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hello Nidds,
              with spaces it was 15 characters matey
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hello Wavy,
                Thanks for the link to Tasty Jane's thread...
                I will have to go over history of payments to find out if what you said is actually happening.
                Thanks for the input, i never gave that a thought.
                Will update once i find out...
                Thanks again..
                Steve
                Send em a quickie explaining what you are doing and that as far as you are aware the payment is made well in advance of when its due rather than it being sent late each month. Tell em you need 7 days to review the account history since that arrangement was entered into and suggest that they do the same so that you can reconcile records and correct and mistakes between you.
                that will show good will and should stop them doing anything untoward whilst you find out whether its you or them that is right about the payment timing.

Comment

Its not unusual, in all walks of life, for a person in the accounting department, to incorrectly assign a payment to the wrong month.

I and my wife have both had similar experiences with different organisations quite recently.

Infact my nans carehome recently hit us with an overdue bill of nearly 2k, it wasn't until I asked them for proof of when they receive payments against which month it was paid for, that they realised they had been assigning early payments, as late ones for previous months. When re calculated, it was shown that the payments were in fact a month a head of the due dates. Thus the over due balance wasn't actually due yet.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                    You are not counting the spaces Steve........count the two, one after 'stuff' and one after 'the' makes 15, that's why you received my PM

EDIT: You could take the spaces out and be stuffthebanks.........
                    Thanks if,
                    Told you i couldn't count.
                    Happy days is fine....
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by ATW View Post
                      Send em a quickie explaining what you are doing and that as far as you are aware the payment is made well in advance of when its due rather than it being sent late each month. Tell em you need 7 days to review the account history since that arrangement was entered into and suggest that they do the same so that you can reconcile records and correct and mistakes between you.
                      that will show good will and should stop them doing anything untoward whilst you find out whether its you or them that is right about the payment timing.
                      Thanks ATW,
                      Good advice, i will ping that off to them.

Steve
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        Its not unusual, in all walks of life, for a person in the accounting department, to incorrectly assign a payment to the wrong month.

I and my wife have both had similar experiences with different organisations quite recently.

Infact my nans carehome recently hit us with an overdue bill of nearly 2k, it wasn't until I asked them for proof of when they receive payments against which month it was paid for, that they realised they had been assigning early payments, as late ones for previous months. When re calculated, it was shown that the payments were in fact a month a head of the due dates. Thus the over due balance wasn't actually due yet.
                        Thanks SXGuy,
                        I think this is what has happened with my account.
                        Steve

Comment

Hi all,
                          Hope you and your loved ones are ok.
                          Well,hold my hands up....i cocked this one up......
                          No excuses,but i have been through a mad start to this year, with my daughters health issues, and a mad time at work........there you go, no excuses.......
                          Having sifted through masses of paperwork, i had let it slip, i found a new payment mandate from Fairfax agreeing a new payment plan over 3 months.
                          I had a standing order set up, and the payments were being made.
                          Not at the new amount agreed, and the date had been changed from the beginning of each month to 20th.
                          I have just made a payment online covering the shortfall in March and April's payments, and sent an email advising them i would make May's payment of the correct amount at the end of the month when i get paid again.
                          I also apologized for my mistake.
                          Sorry for wasting your time on this one everyone, i have given myself a hard slap and a good talking to.

Thanks again all

Steve
                          Steve

Comment

Not a problem Steve, we all get in a tiz from time to time! Just glad it's all sorted

Comment

Thanks Elsa.....
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X