GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Drydensfairfax harrassement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drydensfairfax harrassement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drydensfairfax harrassement

Hi all,
    Hope things are going ok with you all.
    Tell you what, a few days away certainly help clear the head.
    This account with DrydensFairfax has tested my grey matter to the limit.

It turns out that both myself and my OH both have accounts being handled by this bunch, and it appears that they have mixed up the amounts paid by us both, which has in turn confused me.
    I have been making payments on my account according to my bank statements since at least last October 2013 of £7.89.
    My OH has been making payments of £5.80 since that time.
    I had a letter from them in January 2014 stating that i had been making payments of £5.80 for some considerable time and the account was in need of review.
    I then received an update from them in February 2014 stating that my offer to repay on the account £7.89 per month starting from 20th March had been accepted for 3 months.

After receiving a letter from them today saying that due to numerous defaults on the payment arrangements they have now passed on to their legal team for review.

Now as i see it they have made some errors here that as solicitors should not have occurred.

I was never making payments of £5.80.
    They told me my new payment arrangement was at £7.89 for 3 months.
    This amount was already being made regularly on or around the 15th of each month.
    They then send me 2 letters stating i have broken my payment agreement, that they had stated needed paying on the 20th of each month.
    Then the last one saying i have defaulted on numerous occasions.
    On top of that i have also made an additional payment of £5.00 earlier this month, and extra today, because i was sure i had still been paying £5.80......
    So i have in fact never defaulted on the agreement, and have actually overpaid.

Of course its not helped because of my inability recently to concentrate and poor memory, caused by some serious stress over the past few months.

The break has now helped, and i am back in the groove, and if anyone can understand any of my ramblings, i would appreciate on how i should respond to Drydens over what has been a balls up on there behalf.....
    Steve

Comment

Just another quick update on this one...
      Looking at the latest correspondence from Dydens for my OH, they state she has been making payments of £6.72 for some considearble time and account is up for review....
      She has never paid that amount, its always been £5.80........
      What a bunch of w******.......

Thanks as always guys

Steve
      Steve

Comment

Hi
        Hmmm - sounds a bit of a mess. I see you say that you have been paying the same amount since at last October. Can you recall just when the arrangement was made, and the circumstances - ie is it reasonable for them to be expecting to review your repayments at this time? Was it made clear that these amounts were all you could reasonably afford?
        Referring back to your post #13, I take it that the new 3-month payment plan was actually at the same instalment as previously being paid?
        I think in your place I would first of all write to them suggesting that they may be confusing the accounts for yourself and OH, and requesting statements showing the payments credited to each account since (say) last October. This to establish just how much nonsense they are spouting, and put them right if necessary.

Then I would confirm that my situation has not improved, and I cannot therefore increase repayments at this time.

Comment

Hi Wavey,
          They have had income and expenditure forms on both accounts for myself and my OH.
          I understand the need to review accounts, but this lot have got all the info wrong on not only my account but also my OH...
          I just think with this lot being solicitors you would expect it all to be correct and accurate info.....
          They hardly inspire any trust do they???
          Steve

Comment

Hello all, hope you are holding your own against the leeches......

Some urgent advice needed on this if someone could help i would be very grateful.....

Ok...recap....
            My oh and i both pay faifax...
            My account has been paid back at £5.80 per month.
            Paid at the start of each month.
            I had an update request from Fairfax back in January and i sent back a financial statement.
            Then Mid February i received a reply stating that i have had my payment of £7.89 accepted for 3 months starting on the 20th March.
            I have lost track of the statement i sent them in January, but i do not remember offering £7.89.
            I am convinced the offer was to maintain at the level of £5.80 per month.
            They sent letter dated 28th March saying i had failed to maintain payment as per agreement due on 20th March.
            I sent an email back straight away stating that the standing order was paid as per usual for £5.80 at the start of the month.
            Another letter received on 29th April saying i had 48 hours to contact them or action may be taken.
            Again, i sent an email telling them i was making payments of £5.80 at the start of each month.

Ok....At this point i sent them an additional £5.00 on May 8th to cover shortfall in payments on March and April, and advised them that i would pay direct to them at the start of June the payment of £7.89 plus the shortfall from May's.
            So for March,April,May and June the total owing by 20th June should have been £31.56.
            After paying £9.16 on 1st June, payments were up to date.

Today i received a letter saying i have until 23rd June to pay the full balance of over £2000 they have legal instructions to issue legal proceedings against me to recover the full balance.
            If payment is not made it is their intention to obtain a CCJ against me, and if necessary they may make application to the court to enforce the judgement by using.
            1.Warrant of execution
            2.Attachment of earnings.

Ok, thanks for being patient up to this point.......

Now i also requested help from them pointing out that they may have confused my account with my OH's, i have heard nothing back, apart from the threatening letter.
            Just to add to my mistrust for how they are handling this issue, my OH had a request for update in payments, again i have no recollection of submitting any financial statement for this account, but we did receive a letter on 12th May saying her offer of £6.72 had been accepted for 3 months.......
            Now the letter they sent regarding the update stated she had already been making payments of £6.72 for some considerable time... She has in fact been paying £7.89..........
            Then out of the blue another letter arrived on Saturday 14th June,dated 3rd June, saying they accepted her offer of £2.00 for 3 months???????

Any advice, if you can understand my ramblings, would be very gratefully received.

Steve

Comment

are these payments for a ccj?

Comment

Hello D,
                No not for a CCJ, well not yet any way...
                Fairfax are collecting for Arrow Global...
                Enforceable account, previous credit card debt from MBNA.....
                Steve

Comment

so why are you messing around?

write and tell them this is what was agreed, this is what you can afford and in fact your circumstances may be changing and it may be less in future. Tell them they are harassing you and you won't put up with it and if there is more shyte you'll go to FOS. Head it up complaint and ask for a full accounting of the account as you believe they are mismanaging you payments.

you cannot sit there and allow these eejits to bully you which is what they are doing. It actually sounds as if they've messed up.so you need to put them on the backfoot if theoretically they took you to court, it would look bad for them to be behaving in this way and they'd pro ably get the same payments anyway.

Have you CCA'd both these accounts and has Niddy pronounced them enforcable?

Comment

Hey thanks Mrs D......
                    Just the kick up the jacksee i needed.......

Had lots on recently and i have got a bit sloppy.......

On the phone this morning to them......will update.....

Thanks again though D,

Steve
                    Steve

Comment

nope NOT on the PHONE

in writing in writing in writing every time, you need it in writing

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                        nope NOT on the PHONE

in writing in writing in writing every time, you need it in writing
                        Yep, as always Mrs D, i did think a quick blast down the dog and bone might act as a stress buster for me......

But yes, letter out today.......
                        Steve

Comment

go out the back and scream!

but put the complaint in writing

a quick blast does make you feel better (have done it myself) but you need this is writing, they can just deny all knowledge of a phonecall

have these definitely been looked at by Niddy?

Comment

Thanks for the advice Mrs D,
                            Nidd's looked at both CCA's on my Oh's Sainsburys credit card and my MBNA, and both enforceable.....
                            Steve

Comment

Hello all,
                              Lovely sunshine outside,
                              Just a quick question?
                              I received a letter from Arrow yesterday, my account is owned by them, Drydenfairax collect on their behalf.........The MBNA cc.
                              They inform me that the wrong default date had been submitted to the credit reference agencies, by 3 months, they have put it straight onto their records, the agencies will take up to 45 days to change the info...
                              I have already sent letter of complaint to Drydens, sent on Friday, is it worth me contacting Arrow who actually own the debt to inform them of the issues i have had with Drydensfairfax????
                              Just a thought......
                              Steve

Comment

just wait and see what Drydens say, if you don't get an answer in 10 days, then I would go to the organgrinders enclosing the correspondence from Drydens.

Comment

Working...
                                X