GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cancelling SCS Contract - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelling SCS Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling SCS Contract

Hi All,

I have purchased a sofa yesterday from ScS (I know) using finance. In the finance agreement it says I can cancel the credit agreement within at least 7 days (even though I signed it on the premises).

I would like to know if I cancelled the credit (today) would I still be liable to pay for the cost of the furniture in the future?

Regards,
    mrcc

Re: Cancelling SCS Contract

Hi mrcc and welcome to AAD

Have you actually got the sofa?

Elsa x

Comment

Assuming you've not got the sofa yes you can cancel.

There will be a cancellation bit within the agreement. Sign that and follow what it says in the contract.

Good luck. A member here Flossy is having horrific issues with creation finance / SCS
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
        Hi mrcc and welcome to AAD

Have you actually got the sofa?

Elsa x
        The sofa is to be delivered in the next 6 weeks, but I've heard so much bad stuff about it, and it isn't clear on the order form exactly matches that of what I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Assuming you've not got the sofa yes you can cancel.

There will be a cancellation bit within the agreement. Sign that and follow what it says in the contract.

Good luck. A member here Flossy is having horrific issues with creation finance / SCS
          The order form I signed does not allow me to cancel. However the finance agreement I signed does state that I can cancel it within 7 days at least.

I will double check the wording when I get back home.

Comment

Ok well call SCS (the store and demand the manager - politely and get his name) and tell them you wish to cancel based on feeling pressurised by the staff to take finance. Say you never wanted finance and now wish to cancel. They'll state their terms say no cancellations allowed but reiterate that under the circumstances and the fact nothing has been done based on it being a day or two ago that you are cancelling the finance and will refuse delivery of said goods.

Then follow it up with a letter to the store, head office and Barclays finance.

This way all 3 know your stance. Barclays will cancel the finance so your battle will then be with SCS who are pretty bad. But we'll help as best we can. An example? Sure

--> http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/mr-j...9310-30501067/
            Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 5 November 2012, 15:00. Reason: Changed creation to barclays
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

In their T&C's they say that bespoke sofas made to your specifications cannot be cancelled unless defective.
              For stock sofas they say:
              b. Cancelling Contracts for stock furniture within the cancellation period

If you are a consumer and you order stock furniture Products you will have a legal right to cancel the Contract during the cancellation period. That cancellation period starts when the contract between us is formed and ends on the expiry of the period of 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which you receive your Products.

If you wish to cancel your order of stock furniture Products within this cancellation period, you are entitled to do so. Please email us at scsonline@scs.co.uk or write to A. Share & Sons Limited T/A ScS at 45-49 Villiers Street, Sunderland, SR1 1HA. Your cancellation notice will take effect on the day you send it.

We will send you a refund of the Product price and delivery charge as soon as we can and in any event within 30 days of the date of your cancellation notice.

You will need to return your cancelled stock Products to us. Please see the returns section below which tells you how to do that. We will pay for returning a Product if it is defective. You will pay our collection charge or (if we cannot collect the Product, the return costs) if the Product is not defective.
              Ref: Terms and Conditions | ScS Sofas

Was it stock or bespoke?
              Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 5 November 2012, 14:45. Reason: Reference added

Comment

One thing, if they start being difficult, because it's financed rather than prepaid they should be more amenable to cancelling if you've cancelled your finance agreement. Depends at what point the money is transferred to them by Creation though...
                Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 5 November 2012, 14:49.

Comment

One thing, if they start being difficult, because it's financed rather than prepaid they should be more amenable to cancelling.
                  Yeah - going to the store to punch the manager up the bracket will not get you anywhere

Comment

Depends whether it's a stock or bespoke bracket...

Comment

But bespoke does not mean an item that's not physically in stock and not being made for that person.

We all know SCS buy in bulk from Asia via the crates at sea which take a few weeks to arrive so they mass bulk-order and with the money taken at point of sale they then buy the furniture. So they never actually have physical stock hence 6-10wk delivery date.

So with that in mind this item is not bespoke; its like a run of the mill sofa that they're buying in based on the original sale. If he does cancel that sofa would end up being "stock" in their stores.

They try and utilise bespoke items as a get out clause but its not bespoke unless they can prove AFTER acceptance of order they requested a sofa to that orders specs was made specifically after receipt of the order - which they can't cos they don't.

Comment

One thing, if they start being difficult, because it's financed rather than prepaid they should be more amenable to cancelling if you've cancelled your finance agreement. Depends at what point the money is transferred to them by Creation though...
                        See Flossy v SCS thread. Not so.

SCS are shysters. They're disgusting.

Comment

I know for certain that the credit agreement is with Barclays.

Comment

Depends whether it's a stock or bespoke bracket...
                            There is no indication within any of the documentation that the order contains any bespoke goods.

Comment

Forget the t's & x's for now. You'll not win using that. Do as I suggest below. Call now. Do it ASAP!

That'll start the ball rolling. Then get the finance cancelled and sort a formal cancellation letter.

Time is key right now.

One thing that concerns me, if SCS are providing finance via their sales staff then they should have a CCL surely? But their site doesn't mention it

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Ok well call SCS (the store and demand the manager - politely and get his name) and tell them you wish to cancel based on feeling pressurised by the staff to take finance. Say you never wanted finance and now wish to cancel. They'll state their terms say no cancellations allowed but reiterate that under the circumstances and the fact nothing has been done based on it being a day or two ago that you are cancelling the finance and will refuse delivery of said goods.

Then follow it up with a letter to the store, head office and creation finance.

This way all 3 know your stance. Creation will cancel the finance so your battle will then be with SCS who are pretty bad. But we'll help as best we can. An example? Sure

--> http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/mr-j...9310-30501067/

Comment

Working...
                              X