GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New around here - Can anyone help - Natwest - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New around here - Can anyone help - Natwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New around here - Can anyone help - Natwest

I'm sure you can after reading through the great advice I've seen.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I have quite a few defaults (9) and a CCJ that are coming up to 6 years in 2012/13.

I was very silly back in 2003/04 & got myself into a lot of debit, this totals approx £46k. I went through a bad time & after struggling to maintain minimum payments I then just buried my head in the sand. Now I have received lots of letters but have just ignored them & have not had much contact for years. Feel like I have been in hiding for 5 years!

I am now in a much better place & although self-sufficient I really couldn't afford to make much of a indent into what is owed. I could clear the CCJ payment as its quite low £390 but the majority of what I owe is to Natwest, they seem to have sold on my credit card but bank account & loan are still held my them.

My main worry is that nearing the 6 years mark does anyone have any dealings with Natwest I'm worried they'll apply a CCJ or push for bankruptcy just as the 6 years nears.

Could anyone give me any advice? I'm worroed about contacting any creditors & raising my head so to speak!

Thank you & great work on this forum I can see a lot of people get a great deal from you all.

Pinklampshde

Re: New around here - Can anyone help - Natwest

Hiya

You'll be fine, they'll not go for ccj at this late stage so best leave sleeping dogs and all that - just dont reply to anything or apply for anything - especially not your credit report as this alerts all the creditors - until you're 100% certain that the full 6yrs have passed.

The current ccj, well best leave that and see what happens - unlikely they'll try and enforce it and if they do try you can then look to come to some agreement to settle.

I'd just carry on 'hiding' per se, if I were you
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy & 1st can I say love your work on here!

Oh gosh I have recently applied for my credit report, could this do lots of damage? The thing is I applied for it at my previous address & not where I currently live as all my accounts are still registered there. Have I made a massive mistake, I was just trying to check my default dates & where I was, strangely I apparently have a good credit score of 900+ but after reading through this forum realise that score means nothing!

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinklampshade View Post
        Thanks Niddy & 1st can I say love your work on here!

Oh gosh I have recently applied for my credit report, could this do lots of damage? The thing is I applied for it at my previous address & not where I currently live as all my accounts are still registered there. Have I made a massive mistake, I was just trying to check my default dates & where I was, strangely I apparently have a good credit score of 900+ but after reading through this forum realise that score means nothing!

Thanks for your help.
        Hiya

Ok, when you apply for your credit report places like Experian sell the data to DCA's that have previously performed a debt trace search on you so they always find you. Never apply for your credit file, as it really is irrelevant to you until 6+ years since the last DEFAULTED account.

If you can't remember exact dates you need to think back to 'approx' dates and then add a few months on, just to be certain.

Too late in your case, also on the credit report that gets sent through post it will say on there "Do not redirect" so I am assuming you're checking online, in which case you might be alright.

As for the score, its nonsense - they use a random number generator as the actual score itself is used by lenders and is kept secret, the experian score is irrelevant as that is their assessment of you using JUST your CRA data not the other data used to present a scoring model, which proper lenders do use.

Point is, just try and be patient - if anyone does start to now hassle you do not reply! Whatever you do, do not ring them or write to them without first checking here
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yeah I did apply online with Experian so they only have my previous address to sell on if they so wish to.

As you say, I will just try to be patient. I do know my last payments would have been a while before the defaults dated on Experian so will just wait it out & keep my fingers crossed. I was just hoping it was a bit sooner that next year as I'd love a proper bank account & savings account to be set up, but let sleeping dogs lie I suppose.

Thank you again.

Comment

Yeah I did apply online with Experian so they only have my previous address to sell on if they so wish to.

As you say, I will just try to be patient. I do know my last payments would have been a while before the defaults dated on Experian so will just wait it out & keep my fingers crossed. I was just hoping it was a bit sooner that next year as I'd love a proper bank account & savings account to be set up, but let sleeping dogs lie I suppose.

Thank you again.
            Can I ask, when you login and see the credit report, what shows under defaults and CCJ's? ie in the accounts and court sections?

If you have the info then I may be able to help as some banks will accept you earlier than 6yrs..... but that does depend on a lot

Comment

The CCJ just shows the amount, court name & default date July 2007 (which was at a previous address so never got any info on this until I checked my report). I have always been registered at my folks address which is where my mobile, cap one & think banking are registered

Shown like below....

NATIONAL WESTMINST... Current Account £852 12/02/2012
              Account type: Current Account
              Started: 1995
              Current Balance: £831
              File updated: 12/02/2012
              Satisfactory
              Default Key:

Entry Number:C3
              NATWEST BANK

Default Balance: £374
              Default Date: 03/03/2007
              Status history:
              Last updated: 12/02/2012

My CCJ is shown like:

Information type: Judgment
              Date: 23/07/2007
              Court: NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT
              Case number:
              Amount: £390
              Information Source: Registry Trust Ltd

Does that help?

Comment

Hiya

Ok, so they got a CCJ for £390

Shocking. But basically once the CCJ falls off you'll be fine, the other accounts won't matter, saying that for the small balances involved I don't think you have much to worry about. Why not try and open a normal account at your actual address with barclays (basic) or coop (cashminder)? Chances are you'll get accepted and both have a debit card as well....

Comment

Its actually a lot more than that Niddy, that was just a snapshot as all my accounts are shown the same way but with different balances, I have another natwest account, same default date, same updated date just for £21k balance (personal loan). I know, I know what possessed me to think I could manage.

My worry is registering on the electoral register at my current address & then trying for a bank account would that not just bring the wolves to the door?

Comment

The problem with not letting your creditors know your new address is that you could find yourself with a CCJ, because the claim forms had gone to your old address.

If that happened, I know you could have it set aside due to not having received the claim, but I think the courts frown on the fact that you have not seen fit to inform your creditors.

Of course, if you know the people at your previous address, and they forward all mail on to you, then this would not be a problem.

Alan
                    Last edited by alangee; 5 March 2012, 16:13.

Comment

Its actually a lot more than that Niddy, that was just a snapshot as all my accounts are shown the same way but with different balances, I have another natwest account, same default date, same updated date just for £21k balance (personal loan). I know, I know what possessed me to think I could manage.

My worry is registering on the electoral register at my current address & then trying for a bank account would that not just bring the wolves to the door?
                      Ahh ok fair cop, best stay hidden then really

Comment

Originally posted by alangee View Post
                        If that happened, I know you could have it set aside due to not having received the claim, but I think the courts frown on the fact that you have not seen fit to inform your creditors.
                        Ermm, no you can't mate - you can apply only if there are good grounds to have it set-aside and the main choices don't fit however yes they do have to ensure due diligence is performed prior to starting a claim but service at the last known address is acceptable UNLESS you have told them of your change of address.

I recently lost a case with this exact fact and had the large legal bill to go with it..... deffo not for the feint hearted and those with little funds.

Comment

Yes you're right Niddy. I should have said you can "apply" to have it set aside, and of course, whatever happens,there are no guarantees.

Alan

Comment

I think I'll just stay under the radar now until next year when hopefully everything will be SB. I am happy to clear the CCJ if they try to enforce it, I believe it may have been for a gas bill at a shared flat but in my name! I shall do some digging when it falls off my credit report.

Thanks guys, brilliant job as always.

Pinky (thanks Niddy for the new nickname, I like it

Comment

Working...
                            X