GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script welcome finance help needed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welcome finance help needed

hello im new to this and would appreciate some help and advice if possible.

Basically welcome finance playin funny beggers......

we put claim in for ppi and since then had no end of bother.

They stopped takin payments and i got local mp, FOS and other people involved and it still in a mess and we now got debt agency breathin down our neck.

this is for loan we got topped up 5yrs ago and is secure loan.
    they added interest all the time they didnt accept payments and FOS have been no help watsoever......

someone mentioned our loan may be unenforcable so im hopin someone can help me......

Thanks

Re: welcome finance help needed

Wen did you take the loan out? Was it pre 2007?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

yes......

Comment

It's secured; won't be unenforceable - and even if so very risky.

That said you're being too sketchy; why are they messing around; what did the FOS say and what was your complaint over; why did you go to your mp; what, exactly, has happened....?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

not bein sketchy, its just very long story so i just put basic outline on here to start with.

I was takin advice from another site up till recently wen someone advised me to try this one.

But thanks anyways

Comment

they went bust durin my dispute about ppi...... they stopped takin calls and answering letters.
            I been fightin them for almost 2yrs now and used mp and FOS to try them to help and get welcome to respond to either me or them.

Comment

goodnight and thanks anyways

Comment

Ahh welcome ppi is dealt with by FSCS isn't it. FOS are waste of time.

Head back to LB and copy the post and paste here - same forum software so posts will copy just fine

We can help but need more info mate. Trust us, we ain't like other forums.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I am trying here to summarise 24 pages of posts into one brief understandable post having just spent nearly 5 hours reading everything.

Bits are skipped but the main gist is this:

Poochie (OP) took out loan with Welcome (WFS) secured against their house in 2005. The OP is in a Trust Deed (Scottish IVA). WFS loan for £15000 over 120 months.

WFS added ppi and medicare as a condition of loan.

Another site told OP agreement was unenforceable (UE), but actually only UE on technicalities unlikely to stand up in court. OP advised to keep paying but report to FOS.

OP missed four payments with WFS permission on the understanding this loan would be extended by 4 months.

WFS failed to meet FOS deadline of 7 weeks to make offer. Soon after WFS accepted mis-sold ppi and sent a new agreement with a different interest rate , T&C's and no figures filled in asking OP to sign it. OP refused.

Jan 2010 WFS stop taking payments by Direct Debit from OP's account. Since then OP has tried paying by DD and debit card, but WFS have refused any payment.

After much to-ing and fro-ing FOS asked OP to sign new agreement with no figures filled in at all.

OP started reclaim for mis-sold ppi and complained to FOS. Clear dispute over refusal to sign a blank agreement and WFS refusing to process much till they receive this form signed.

May 2010 OP had cheques from WFS £101.28 for overpayments. £549.32 for something unknown (remains uncashed)

Nov 2010 DCA sends OP letter saying £14980 owed

Dec 29 WFS offer compensation of £7188.02 and agreed to write off some, but not all charges.

Jan 2011 WFS give OP 7days to agree or they'll withdraw compensation offer. OP asks for another 21 days to consider.

Aug 2011 Back to FOS who eventually tell OP to sign new agreement form still with no figures.

On top of this the statements sent to OP in an SAR simply do not add up at all.

OP has tried everything. FOS acting bizarrely by expecting OP to return a form with no figures at all written in.

Now DCA threatening action, OP in terrible state having done everything possible to try to resolve and maintain payments with WFS. Very scared and worried that house will be repossessed.

My opinion is that WFS are in such a mess due to their own situation with Cattles, so things are all over the place. If it went to court I cannot see how the OP could lose, and think the judge would think WFS were wasting court time trying to bring a case.

FOS are often useless and have turned out that way despite some promising action earlier on in the case.

Trust Deed (IVA) people backing OP to the full and agree that any court action against OP would be a waste of WFS time.

For those who've read the whole thing apologies for bits missed out, but have tried to convey some main points and the fact that Poochie has done everything possible. WFS are apparently using delaying tactics or deliberate misrepresentation.

Hope this is useful for anyone wanting to contribute without spending the time I just have!

Comment

sorry i just copied and pasted wat bboo did......
                    im headin offline now as workin at 4am in mornin....... thanks for time tonight and all help and advice much appreciated if anyone can help.....

Comment

wow

I think a wee chat with our mate Paul is in order.

I'll pm you details in morning; have some sleep and log in again in morning and I'll send you a pm.

Paul is our legal guy and absolutely bloody brilliant. I think it might be worthwhile having a chat in consideration of write off or similar. Least to clarify the legalities. However Scottish law, may be best speaking to govan law?

I'll pm you in morning poochie

Comment

I have PM'd you details of our preferred solicitor and Govan Law...

Best of luck, please let us know what they say - bear in mind there is no cost to ring and speak!

Comment

im sure someone directed me to govan law at one point and wen i phoned them they claimed only to help people in debt with rent etc....... I will check my paperwork and e-mails...... but thanks for all help on here guys ... much appreciated

Comment

Contact Paul, send an email (read my PM for details) and say Niddy sent ya!

Comment

i have e-mails from govan law and they couldnt help...... apparently because it was associated with a ppi claim and they dealt with debt and not ppi claims......

I will do as you say dear and let you know how i get on....I will phone them tomorrow because i am very anxious to sort this out....... im so tired of fighting with them but its the principal of the whole thing thats keepin me at them but i keep hittin brick wall

Comment

Working...
                              X