GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will settlement repair my credit file quicker? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will settlement repair my credit file quicker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will settlement repair my credit file quicker?

I am currently in a DMP with Zebra. I pay £280 per month beween 6 creditors. I have recently inherited some money and in a position to ask for settlement figures from all 6 creditors. I have been offered settlements at 80% of total owed by 5 creditors and 70% by the other. Is this a good deal or should I push for more? I need approx £12000 to settle them all currently but I have only £9000.

5 of the 6 accounts are defaulted. If I settle I know the default still remains for the 6 years on my credit file, however, as the accounts are settled will it imporve my crdit rating and help my ability for credit in the future as I'm hoping to move mortgages soon?

Re: Will settlement repair my credit file quicker?

Have a look here ------>Creditor Offer Templates
    If it was me I Would start at 10%
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Should I ask for the default to be removed as part of the settlement? How likely are they to agree to this???

Comment

Originally posted by lloydjones View Post
        Should I ask for the default to be removed as part of the settlement? How likely are they to agree to this???
        They won't remove it, pointless asking as they'll simply say no.

Best way to get a F&F is to let them actually default you and sell it to a DCA then haggle with the DCA. Usually between 10-20% of the original balance but remember to also do any relevant reclaim first ie PPI/Charges.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

To help, , please provide the following information for each account:
          • Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Lloyds TSB 1
            Type of account - Current
            Date commenced - Jan 2007
            Approx balance - £1878
            Date last paid - April 2010
            Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement
            Status - Default
            Account owner - Wescot

Lloyds TSB 2
            Type of account - Credit Card
            Date commenced - Dec 2007
            Approx balance - £2741
            Date last paid - Jan 2010
            Status - Default
            Account owner - Lloyds TSB

Lloyds TSB 3
            Type of account - Credit Card
            Approx balance - £5800
            Status - Default
            Account owner - Lloyds TSB

Black Horse
            Type of account - Loan
            Approx balance - £3145
            Status - In arrears
            Account owner - McKenzie Hall

HSBC 1
            Type of account - Loan
            Date commenced - May 2003
            Approx balance - £2854
            Status - Default
            Account owner - HSBC

HSBC 2
            Type of account - Current
            Date commenced - June 1996
            Approx balance - £206
            Status - Default
            Account owner - HSBC

Comment

Have you ever sent off a CCA?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes on HSBC loan only.

Comment

Do it on the other accounts too. And as soon as you can.
                  I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Also you state date last paid to bein Jan and April 2010 but you also state you in a DMP which would mean that your paying them now?

Also even though not UE due to being post April 2007 lloyds seem to not have a good filing system as they couldnt find a signed agreement for my account upgrade and O/d in April 2008.

So it would put ball in their court to produce it as they cant collect whilst they send you a legible copy of CCA.

Buys some time even if thats all it does.
                    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                      Also you state date last paid to bein Jan and April 2010 but you also state you in a DMP which would mean that your paying them now?
                      Last dates paid the full repayment amount before DMP.

Comment

Originally posted by lloydjones View Post
                        Last dates paid the full repayment amount before DMP.
                        What was the last payment date to DMP and amount for each?

Comment

Lloyds TSB 1 (Wescot) - £16.94
                          Lloyds TSB 2 - £23.98
                          Lloyds TSB 3 - £51.44
                          HSBC (for both) - £45.96
                          Black Horse (MacKenzie Hall) - £29.68

Last paid on 1st June 2012
                          Last edited by lloydjones; 14 June 2012, 17:11.

Comment

So, what do I do now? Send a letter offering full and final settlement to all accounts/creditors. Is it realistically worth starting at 10%? Would rather get things cleared sooner rather than later.

Comment

personally I wouldn't settle at these figures
                              if you hadn't been paying for a few months, they'd perhaps get sold on and then you've got a better chance of a reduced settlement
                              is there anything to claim back ppi?

Comment

Working...
                              X