GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script dodgy defaults ???? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dodgy defaults ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dodgy defaults ????

Hi all

First post so Please be gentle ,

Can u Please point me in the direction
    Of latest news, updates, implications of

RĂ© brandon v amex outcome

Because after a year of silence from
    MANY dca, they have a renewed interest
    In tracking me down (after a move)
    And wanting their monies again , and i Was
    Wondering The above case Was the issue ???

My story is too long to explain But my headlines
    Are :- lost job & house in 2009 , nearly family ,
    Stressed to the Max which involved medical
    Help to get back on track .. still no job But ok now ,

and i fear its all starting up again , wont cope !!!

Regards

Re: dodgy defaults ????

Just written an essay for you and lost it. be back in a while.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Ok Ty

Comment

Try again G.

Simply Brandon has put to bed all of the silly arguments on forums various about Default Notices. This with the full authority of the Court of Appeal. No longer can any judge in any court other than the Supreme Court dismiss defects in a Default Notice as de minimus issues. They have reinforced the Statute completely as they are bound by their oaths to do, i.e DNs MUST comply with the law in every way. For example, 14days means 14 days. It is not a de minimus issue for the creditor to give you say 12 days and by not taking action for 28days skirt around their statutory obligations surrounding the issue of a DN under s87(1) of the CCA1974. No compliant DN, no termination, no cause of action.

Very simple overview, but both the judgement and the commentaries are worth a read.

regards
        Garlok
        Last edited by garlok; 16 November 2011, 14:15.

Comment

Ty G

For yr reply , could u Please provide
          Link , to read about mention case

Comment

Case Law is here: ---> Case Law Database
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by wotsitallabout View Post
              could u Please provide link , to read about mention case
              AMEX LIMITED v IAN KARL ROBERT BRANDON [2010]
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks mate beat me to it ---- again

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                  Try again G.

Simply Brandon has put to bed all of the silly arguments on forums various about Default Notices. This with the full authority of the Court of Appeal. No longer can any judge in any court other than the Supreme Court dismiss defects in a Default Notice as de minimus issues. They have reinforced the Statute completely as they are bound by their oaths to do, i.e DNs MUST comply with the law in every way. For example, 14days means 14 days. It is not a de minimus issue for the creditor to give you say 12 days and by not taking action for 28days skirt around their statutory obligations surrounding the issue of a DN under s87(1) of the CCA1974. No compliant DN, no termination, no cause of action.

Very simple overview, but both the judgement and the commentaries are worth a read.

regards
                  Garlok
                  Thanks Garlok, that is the best summary of Brandons appeal that I've seen that explains the issue and the outcome and in terms I can understand!

I had a go at reading the judgement and by brain seeped out my nose!

Cheers
                  SnV
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                    I had a go at reading the judgement and my brain seeped out my nose!
                    SnV
                    Hmmm, brain stew - served with chiante...?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Hmmm, brain stew - served with chiante...?
                      I needed alcohol. I nearly ran out of breath reading this doozey of sentence in the first paragraph. Speak english man! John Precott couldn't have twisted the english language any further!

As will be seen, a principal issue on this appeal is whether Amex was entitled to summary judgment on its case of contractual termination introduced for the first time on appeal before HHJ Denyer QC, should the sole case it successfully advanced before DJ Gisby, based upon default, prove unsustainable.
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks too all

Ho Ho Ho !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                          Try again G.

regards
                          Garlok
                          Hi there
                          Just a question regarding this matter, I received a default notice on 06/07/11 and a confirmed termination letter 12/11/11 are you saying that the default has to be registered exactly after 14 day and if so, does this mean my default mat be incorrect?
                          Also the letter provided subsequent to the default notice shows a completely different amount in arrears.
                          Btw if I had paid the dn arrears I still would have been way over the limit of the original agreement.
                          Thank you in anticipation
                          Bos

Comment

I don't know what you mean bosdog by "registered". The DN had to be in a prescribed format, it has to give you 14 days at least to rectify the default (from the day it fell through your letterbox --- envelope needed). It has to be specific date as well it cannot just give you a number of days. It has to state the original creditors name and address in full, it has to be accurate and it has to be clear that it is served under s87(1) of the CCA1974.

If it is defective it is defective. It is of little consequence when they attempt termination which can take the form of a demand for any monies not yet due or a demand for the full outstanding amount. They cannot terminate on the back of a defective DN and they cannot enforce in a court. BUT they can rectify by issuing a fully compliant DN, so you never tell them that they have screwed up.

If you mean registration at a Credit Reference Agency this is irrelevant to the issue of a Default Notice under s87(1) although this "should" be done by the creditor no earlier than three months and no later than sixmonths after you defaulted on the account.

The two things are entirely separate.

It is my view that unless there are very pressing reasons to have a clean CRF, then ignore it, live with it because the moment you enter a dispute with a bank they will, justly or unjustly default your file at some point. This was the professional legal advice given to me way back in 2009.

regards
                            Garlok
                            Last edited by garlok; 27 January 2012, 12:37.

Comment

Hi Garlok
                              Many thanks for your reply,
                              Yes I realise I was being stupid now, I meant do they have to issue a dn within a specific time after the 14 days, I now realise my stupidity.
                              Sorry, i was grabbing at straws, getting a bit desperate here : (
                              kind regards
                              bos

Comment

Working...
                              X